32.

The general is indeed likeable, it that's even a word. Jungkook had been hearing laughter here and there, and when he looked at the source, it will be the general with his stupid jokes with the men. He knew the man was putting a show for him to have at least a small interest to be his friend, but Jungkook preferred to stay away, he was after all sent by G6, the secretive higher ups that almost ruined his family.

That night, he sat by the river with the moon only his source of light. It was bright enough for him to read Haewon letter, and a small smile crept to his chaped lips. He had been here for almost three months, and this was their first letter after they had a postal service to send them letter at this part. It was dangerous, but those man from the postal service seems to know the forest more than them.

My dear, how are you? I know it will be weird for me to send you a letter, but Miss Anna had been asking me to do it, since I can't possibly call you using the phone. London had been calm, no ambush and shops are now fully refurbished. Jaeun is now able to walk, wish you were here to see it.

Colonel Frank must been there with you, his wife came to meet that day and nagged at how he was to eager to follow you into the war. I even visited Vante mother, she was still the nice old woman I saw, and even helped her writing a letter to his son. I worked back in the hospital, weekend at the chapel as it will be easier to watch Jaeun there. From the papers, they say we are winning and I'm glad that you are still alive. They even say your name, don't know you were that famous.

And Peter -Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows- is now living in my uncle house along with his mother. They are doing a good job on taking care of that house, but Peter had been avoiding me lately which I don't know why -He smile grew wide- he did that. Even so, he is still nice.

We are all doing fine, but since my uncle died, you had been staying home more frequently so it suddenly feel weird when I woke up alone. And yes, the bed still smells like you, even when I opened our shared wardrobe it still smells like you. There was this one time I accidentally sprayed your cologne to myself, it lasted for two days and Miss Anna thought I was cheating on you when I send Jaeun to her.

It's midnight when I'm writing this, and if i send it tommorow it will take about three to five days to reach you, or maybe more than a week, but I don't know the exact moment it will reach you. I hope you are doing very well, don't be so cold around others. Take care, love.

Your wife,
Jeon Haewon.

"See? Even she told you not to be cold. And I was right when she is a Korean"

The honey voice started him, and Jungkook stood up abruptly, almost stumbling back but Seokjin was fast enough to grab his arm. The younger eyes was shocked to see him, but a hint or redness at his cheek didn't go unnoticed from Seokjin. Even under the moonlight he could see it. He let go of his arm slowly and saw the man quickly folded the letter and put it back in his pocket before meeting his eyes back in to the general.

"Why are you here?"

"It's dinner. I called for you but you were too busy reading that letter so I came to you. Didn't mean to read it, but your wife really bolded those words"

Jungkook shrugged, he did realize Haewon wroted those last sentence with a darker ink, and a small smile crept to his lips. Seokjin wasn't used to see him smiling, but he indeed like it.

"My wife used to write a letter when I was needed to be in the borderline. She always talk about every small things, such as spoiled vegetable and bratty neighbors. It was fun to read though"

"What happen to her?"

There was a dead silence between the men, and Jungkook saw how his face dropped and eyes darted to the calm river. He was about to say sorry when he chuckled, obviously trying to hide the pain of the past. Seokjin tucked his hands in his pocket before looking back at him with a small smile.

"Every woman wants a normal life. She couldn't handle the loneliness of being alone, and to bear the weight of becoming a sudden widow. She send me her last letter, saying that she wanted divorce and left London. By the time I got back, she was long gone"

He sensed the slight pain in his words, and Jungkook knew the general loved his wife dearly. His marriage bond was still at his finger, and he feel guilty about asking the question. So he cleared his throat and changed the topic.

"You are a general, why are you still here?"

"No use of staying in a home where no one is waiting for you. I'm not the kind of man to be sitting in my office and drink any whiskey."

"You can work in a mission"

"Like you? No thanks. I hated going aboard just to kill, unless it is a vacation"

Jungkook let out a chuckle, making Seokjin startled at the change of cold demeanor. He was right, he indeed succeed to break his ice and make friends with him. He then let out a hand, earning a look from Seokjin but he took it, light hearted.

"Look forward to be working witb you, General Kim"

"Me too, Lieutenant Colonel Jeon"