20.

It was the day.

The day that Haewon and Jungkook dreaded for it to came. They wished the day will be skipped magically, but both of them knew that won't work. It seems the small child too knew how down her parents feel, when she kept on crying and crying since the morning, making the everyone in the chapel looked at her in a pity. Jaeun had been refusing everything, including breastfeeding and toys. The pastor even tried to recite something to the small girl ear, but it doesn't stop. And the cries weren't an angry cries, it was sorrowful to the point Haewon couldn't stop herself from crying to.

When Jungkook came, with his uniform and his hat, it was when the child stopped. It was as if her father presence was making her happy again. It was like she knew how her mother was relieved to see the face she had longed for. He came and took Jaeun in his arm, softly singing in the small life ear whole stroking her face lovingly. Everyone in the chapel was feeling down at how gloomy the atmosphere is, but face lit up seeing the child giggle in her father arm.

They were meant to be together, and the war is cruel enough to separate them.

The pair leaved the to chapel with her suitcase, as she received order that her blue dye operation proved her innocent and she can go back home. Jungkook had purposely came early as he wanted his wife to meet her uncle before his death sentence. Sitting in the car, he started the engine and drove to Miss Anna house.

"Seems like she knew what will happen today"

His voice interrupt her deep thoughts and she looked at him before glancing at Jaeun who was playing with the lace of her collar. Jaeun was so young, but it was as if she knew the dreaded feeling in her parents mind. How she cried this morning, how she stopped when Jungkook was there and how the small finger of hers holding tightly at her mother finger as if trying to give her encouragement.

"Right? She's smart. Wonder where she gets the gene from"

"Probably you. I don't even get to finish highschool when I entered the camp"

She smiled bitterly before slowy grabbing his veiny hand that is gripping the wheel. He glanced to her and took her hand to be in his palm, driving with her hand in his. He knew Haewon is not fine, and she won't be fine any minute by now. All he can do was stay by her side, and that is what he will be doing forever.

Slowly, they arrived at Miss Anna house and Haewon was about to walk out when he stopped her.

"Let me send her there, I don't want you to be pressured by her question later"

She nodded and slowly handed Jaeun to him, the child giggle when she is finally in his arm making Jungkook grin at her. A warm feeling invaded his heart and he bopped his nose to Jaeun's causing her giggle to louder than before.

"I told you, she miss you"

"We will have plenty time together after this, I promise"

She smiled and after Jungkook grabbed Jaeun bag, he went out to her house. Haewon sighed , the dreaded feeling was still there and she knew she need to accept her uncle fate. Part of her had a feeling that she want to die along with the man she thought as a father, but her love for her family, for Jungkook make her realise how selfish she will be if she leave them alone. Jungkook never had anyone since his father died, while she was given the chance to be loved for the past years she lived with her uncle.

Would it be cruel to leave him?

It would be the most horrible decision you ever made, Lee Haewon.

No, she could never leave him. Even if her uncle persuade her to run away with him, she could never leave him. As if Jungkook is something she could never let go.

Her deep thoughts were interrupted when the door clicked opened and Jungkook went in. He looked calm, guess Miss Anna didn't ask him to much. Everyone in the town who know her uncle knew about his treason, and they pitied him.  Haewon was still oblivious at why her uncle did that,but no one tell her the truth. Even Jungkook.

"Did she ask anything?"

"She pitied you. That's all"

"Me? Why?"

Jungkook looked at her before touching her cheeks lovingly. The dark orbs that is looking at him never failed to make the man mesmerized. His knuckled brushed her cheek and he let out a content smile.

"Everything happens for a reason, Haewon. And for you, even if we are some stranger, I would have pitied you the most. Not because you will lost a family member, but you never deserve this. "

His words left her in bewilderment but she nodded. Jungkook knew she didn't understand, but he wanted to say it. Looking back to the front, he started the car and the engine let out small noises before he drive them both to the prison. The prison was quite far from their home as it's in the city so Haewon took her time to look around. Shops were open, she remembered how ridiculous she was with her friends when they were trying new dress and hats at every shop. Then they passed a bookstore, one that Haewon always dreaded to go because she need to buy a new bundle of paper after writing her report using the typewriter.  Her eyes spotted a glove shop, one Haewon hated to wear but her uncle insisted to because she need to be a woman who can fit in the society.

It doesn't matter though , she would get rid of it once she step far away from her uncle. She saw some small cafe, a waiter serving  breakfast for some pairs and she smiled at how happ the both of them look. She remembered how desperate she is to have those expensive breakfast that she saved money and worked part time for it. With all those happy memories she had at the heart of London, the dread slowly going away.

Jungkook realised how she smiled while looking out from the window and he a small smile crept to his handsome face.

"I remember how heavy the snow was that day"

Her voice caught his attention, and when he stayed silent, she proceeded.

"He bought me here, we wanted to buy some Christmas decorations but the snow was too heavy that we need to park our car from the shop. He bought me a toy, I don't remember what it is, but what I knew is that I was the loudest and happiest girl in the shop. He told me my Santa had already bought me a present, but he wanted to be a Santa to, personally for me. Imagine an eight year old girl have two Santa that loves her, she will be happy till next Christmas"

Her hand then slowy traced the window, smiling when the decoration shop came to their view. It wasn't Christmas, but lately it was getting chilly that the temperature drop as if it was in the middle of winter.

"He is a nice man, everyone likes him even though he wasn't the talkative type. You were an exception I guess"

"I was about to take his beloved niece forever, of course he will hate me"

"Looks like what my uncle said was true"

She looked at him, his side profile facing her and she smiled.

"I have two Santa, precisely two men to love me forever"