4.

Haewon trembled at his words and her mouth gaped. She wanted to talked back, but no words seems to get out from her throat. Her eyes went blurry and she looked at Jaeun, eyes wide and letting out small voices from her lips. The child was clueless of what is happening, and Haewon wish she wasn't been born at the time of war. Jungkook looked worried at his wife, but he doesn't have time left. The German soldiers might enter their house any minute, and he predicted those ruthless men were choosing a house for them to enter. He don't want anyone to die tonight, especially the innocent lives leaving here.

"Haewon I need to go. Remember-"

"Can you please push away your title as a soldier, and be my husband and a father to Jaeun tonight?"

The words finally came out, and his eyes soften at her words. He kissed her temples, eyes nose and lastly lips, a passionate one while his left hand wiped the tears that fell down to her cheeks. He wished he could stay, but the lives of many was in his hands. The only person who dare to confront the soldiers now is only him and they won't go away until there is a dead body. Whether it was one of them, or one of his people.

"Before I became your husband, I was a soldier Haewon."

"Jungkook!"

"I love you, Jeon Haewon"

With his last words, he kissed her one last time and then Jaeun temple before standing up, walking back to the stairs lead to the small door. She was speechless, her mind couldn't interpret his finals words and when she finally came back to her sense, she was already left alone with Jaeun. That was when she realized that her husband may not come back and she started to sob. It was a silent cry, the one that clenched your heart and she closed her mouth with her palm. She blamed the war, the country she is living in, the God that makes her and her family to be in this situation and blamed Jungkook for still doing his duty as a soldier.

The faint sound from the attack at the city was still there, but then it was replaced by a sudden noise, a broken English mixed with German and cursing that Haewon didn't understand. The argument was getting intense, and then the sound came. The sound that dropped her heart in a minute, and her sob stopped. The sound of gun been shot, with a groan pain came along with it. Suddenly the peaceful neighbourhood has become a battlefield, and the shouting was replaced with sirens from a far. But Haewon blanked for a while, all she can think was him, lying lifelessly at the road with blood from the bullet straight to his chest.

From the outside, it was chaotic. Somehow the post was alarmed of the danger and quickly came to the scene. The German soldier wasn't expecting they will protected this place, and hurriedly went away. But they could hear the mocking laugh of the soldiers because they managed to kill someone, and even get two box of alcohol and a box of cigarettes from the house they raided. A man, young one walked down from his car and headed straight to the man, watching down a lifeless body at the road.

"Sir Jeon, I am sorry for coming late, sir. "

"Tell the Jones, that Mister Jones died in honour, and the military will be paying for the funeral. Ask the others to carry him in, let his family look at him for the last time"

"Yes sir"

"Tell them, he died protecting a soldier from getting shot by a German soldier"

"I will send those words to them, sir"

The young soldier saluted at him, and ran to call his friends. Jungkook kneeled down and closed the eyes of the old man, and his heart wrenched at the sight. The old man words still ringing at his mind, when he jumped towards him to take the bullet and whispered.

"Your wife and daughter are still young, don't leave them alone in this cold war, sir Jeon"

He prayed silently for him and stood up, taking off his coat to covered Mister Jones body. He walked back to his house, and went straight to the small basement near the stair. He slowly opened it, and was greeted by the frozen Haewon, kneeling down while hugging their daughter closely. Her eyes slowly looked at him, hands trembled and Jungkook slowly went down and walked to her.

He took Jaeun in his hands and pulled down Haewon head down to her chest. The woman sobbed hard and her body trembled at every breath she took between her cries. Part of her was relieved that he stayed alive, part of her wanted to slap him from his words before. But now, she was just grateful the man she thought will leave her is with her, hugging her and she wished this moment could be forever.

"I told you, nothing happened

"I hate you so much, Jeon Jungkook"

"You had your reason to hate me Haewon, but I will still love you"