35

"The west is under control sir, the bodies had been buried at the village"

"Medical help?"

"We had been asking, but they said it will take at least four days to have them here. And not every doctor and nurse will want to be here"

Seokjin rubbed his temple, and sighed. They had lost some of their man, and half of them had serious injury. With no treatment, they will be dead in no time. Seokjin never intended to stay at the west longer. That was their initial plan, but Jungkook wanted to. He said he want to see how well the boys can handle it. And he was right. They patrol the west every night under the commander orders and delivered the sudden outburst as soon as they could.

"I'll write them a letter personally. And if Jungkook is awake, notify me in instant"

"Yes sir"

He soon was left alone in  his tent, sighing and went to the side of the tent. He opened a box and grab out a gin, drink it in one gulp to quench his thirst and stress. Had Jungkook is awake, he will have cursed the higher ups to not send them any medical team as fast as the could. Or maybe, he will have punch him first to make his own decision.

"Sir?"

He looked to the source, and Frank was there. His face show bewilderment and confused, but he didn't ask what was playing in his mind. Instead, he led in someone, a woman in a knee length dress with a black slack greeted him. Her hat was at her hand and her suitcase was at the another. She bowed down to the him, and Seokjin eyed Frank to leave them and he went out.

"I believe you send me this letter, and I was informed that my coming is needed?"

"Yes, Miss Lee."

"But am I the only one? Weren't we supposed to come in group?'

Seokjin smiled at her question before putting down his gin and looked back at her. She was indeed the same as Jungkook described her but he doesn't want the woman to know why she was the only one to come, when the higher ups are delaying to send them medical help. It was when Jungkook was still not awake after three days that he wrote Haewon a letter personally to send her to the war and be part of the medical team. He knew it was a stupid decision to make, framing her to come just for the medical help. But he couldn't help but to hope that Jungkook will be awake when his body know his wife is here.

"Why don't I introduce you to our medical help first? Then I'll show you around, and you will know why I requested you to come early then the others"

He wasn't lying about the medical help, though she could only lessen their burden a little bit but one is better then none. Haewon nodded and followed the soldier. When they walk beside each other, it's when she realise he had some features, same but different from him. Haewon was sure he wasn't a white man. From the letter, he doesn't state who he is, simply saying it was the order from the higher ups. Seokjin sensed her curious stares so he looked by his shoulder and smiled,

"I'm a Korean, just like you"

"And how you know I'm a Korean?"

"Your husband work under me"

She stopped , and eyes turned to worried. She realised Jungkook wasn't anywhere, and if he knew she was here, he will have gotten mad by now. She was about to ask where her husband is when he pushed at entrance of a tent, faint smell of blood mixed with medicine was everywhere, doctors and nurses were walking around to check on the injured soldiers. They were sure lack of man, and she saw how exhausted they are. Seokjin bought her to met a woman who had just finished checking on a man who lost his eyes due to the ambush.

"Camilla, this is Haewon. One that I personally requested to come and help us"

"Oh dear, thank you for coming. We are short of man and people are dying, I just hope that those German could stop attacking us and signed for peace"

Haewon smiled and after Camilla give her a quick intro to everyone, Seokjin than led her to to the father left of the tent. It was more calm there, but it wasn't because of the lack of nurses and doctors, it was because majority of the injured was unconscious, which Haewon had a bad feeling about this.

"Few days back, they counterattack us at the west, preventing my man to go back to the south. Some were killed, half of them were injured. But my wingman, he was injured to the point he is still not waking up"

Then they stopped at a bed, which Haewon gasped and her suitcase fell down to the ground. Her body froze, hand trembled and she was short of breath suddenly. Seokjin stepped aside, letting the woman to approach the lying body at the bed. There at the bed, was Jungkook with bandage everywhere at his bare skin, his face was calm as he was sleeping, his head had a rolled of bandage with a blood spot evident there, but he was still breathing. He was just not awake. He was alive, but he was lifeless.

And Haewon cried, sobbed beside him while sunk her face at the his chest, because Jungkook was now almost looked death, and he might won't be awake forever.