29.

He held her hand tight, and she could feel how cold it was even it was humid because of the amount of people around them. Haewon eyes looked around, spotted a man kissed his daughter forehead, and she was bought back when Jungkook did the same to Jaeun , it lasted longer as he was afraid of not doing it again anymore. They had to leave Jaeun with Miss Anna, afraid that she might get sick because of the dust particles at the train station.

Jaeun did cry, it was as if she knew her father might leave her forever, and Haewon had to calm her down, luckily Miss Anna was there and took control. The small child had been crying a lot when her father wasn't there with her, it never happen when Jungkook was away for more than a month mission outside of the country. Probably the child had recognise who is her father, and wanted to be showered with love from him , not just by her mother.

Then Haewon saw an old woman hugging a young man, and the more closer they are with him, she recognized the man. Precisely the boy.  It was Vante, in a uniform , with his suitcase at his hand. Jungkook too saw him, and his eyes widened. Why was he here? He wasn't obliged to enter the war. Did he volunteered behind his back?

"Vante?"

The man looked back, and he smiled widely before leading the old woman to them. Haewon smiled warmly at her, and she smiled back, praising how beautiful she is. Vante ignored the hard stares of Jungkook, and smiled back at him.

"Why are you here?"

"The same purpose with you, sir"

Haewon realised that her husband didn't like his answer,so she brushed her thumb at the back of his palm to gain his attention. It did, and Jungkook looked at her, eyes softened.  She looked back to Vante, mouthing him to go and spend the last minute with his mother, and the boy followed. Then she looked back at him and grinned.

"You can catch up with him in the train later, let's keep going"

"He should. If I can throw him out from the train, that I will do that"

"Don't be so mad, you cared for the boy"

He looked away, eyes showing how unsatisfied he is with her answer and Vante presence. He was worried, and he don't want Vante to waste his youth like he did before. The war will end him, but he knew the boy won't take his advice. He was curious at how he persuaded her mother to let him go. Jungkook knew well how his mother hated the idea of his only son to be in a war, but from the looks it was as if she was willing to let him go to face his death.

"You will regret not looking at me now, Jungkook"

"Where did I heard that before?"

She laughed, before slowly turning him to look at her, taking away his bag to the floor and held both of his big hand. She smiled and hug him, hands circling his waist with Jungkook doing the same. It was a moment of silence for them, but they like it.

"I would miss this cologne of yours"

"And I will for sure dream of you in your pastel dress"

She chuckled at his chest, and closed her eyes, hearing her husband heartbeat which occur her something. Will his heart be beating again when they meet again next time? Or she would be greeted with a lifeless Jungkook? Haewon shared the same feeling with every woman in London, whether they were old or young, married or not, family or friends. They were bidding farewell, but they know they will be mourning as soon as the train move.

Whatever regrets they had now, will only be regrets with no end.

"Don't go and flirt any men when I'm away, especially Peter. If you wanted to ditch me, find someone more handsome than me"

"And it's not Peter?"

"Jeon Haewon, I'm serious"

She smiled before looking up, her dark orbs looking directly at his, and tip toe to peck him. He was alarmed of what she wanted so he supported her with his palm at the back, bringing her closer and the peck turned to a deep, passionate kiss. His free hand went to her neck, angled her head for him to have more access. After minutes of their sweet kisses, he let her go, forehead colliding and eyes dreamy. They were breathing heavily, and it was like deja vu, when both of them shared their first intimate moment under the lamp post near the bar.

"Take care of yourself, Jungkook. "

The bell rang, reminding every man that their time has ended. The train was now heating it's steam engine, and men slowly let go of their loves one to went on board, which Jungkook slowly let go of her. He took back his bag and hang it at his shoulder, while Haewon was fumbling with her pocket dress. She took out a pendant, and Jungkook eyed it.

"Before, they told me if I happen to face a situation that you might die and I have to send you off, I should have give you a pendant, a picture of your loved once. It was hard to cut those pictures, but they fit. Jaeun is in there too. Lower down, let me put it for you"

Before the man could react, she pulled him down slowly and wear the pendant at his neck. She then tucked it under the fabric his wearing, making it invisible for others. Jungkook eyes looked warmly at her, his heart beat faster at his wife small gift. Haewon smiled widely after doing her job, and peck his cheek before stepping back, letting go of the man she loved eternally.

"Go, Jungkook. You will miss the train"

He smiled before nodded, fingers at the thin chain at his neck before joining the other men hoping inside the train. Before entering, he looked back at the pendant and smiled at the word engraved at the back of the pendant. He was right after all, she will be the reason for him to stay alive even in the pit of hell.

'I'll be here ,waiting for you. So don't die, my love'