13.

Jungkook frowned when he entered the post, clerks were running everywhere like the usual but today it was double busy for them. They got a tip that the Germans are gaining support, which they don't know who and the post was shaken by it. He walked past them to the door located far back. His pace was slow as if he never wants to know what will happen behind the door. No one noticed how odd he was, and he was glad for it. They shouldn't know about a high-rank soldier is having a traitor in his family.

He gripped the doorknob and opened it, a series of stairs greeted him. He sighed before closing the door back and went down, low enough to the point he couldn't hear any noise coming from upstairs. It was only his breath and his footsteps, and he had an urge to stop and turn back. He feared that any order he will get from G6 will change his life forever, and worse he could lose his family.

It was the last thing he wanted to lose from the war.

When he reached the lower ground, a clerk was writing something at his table, clearly unfazed by his sudden appearance. He walked to his left, the lights were dim and the atmosphere feels eerie but he continued his pace till he reached a door, and a soldier saluted him. He nodded and the soldier opened it, asking him to enter the small room.

There were two men in there, one was Frank and another was a man he never saw before. He was eyeing him, and Jungkook gaze was cold. He already hated the unknown man, and whatever comes next from his mouth was enough to anger him. The man is bald, spectacle hanging at the bridge of his nose and finger tapping the pen at his left hand. He gestured him to take a seat, and Jungkook glanced at Frank.

"Have a seat, Sir Jeon"

"Make it short, I'm not having a cup of tea here"

"Jungkook," another voice interfere them and he looked back, Frank held his shoulder. He nodded to him, asking the man to sit to prevent any bad thing to happen. It was already bad with Lee Haejin treason, they don't want to add a fuel to the fire. Jungkook throws his gaze back to the man, glaring at him while he took a sit in front of him. He observed how organised his table is, and his eyes spotter a file name confidential. Of course, it is confidential, he is from G6.

"Since you are getting impatient, I'll cut the chase and deliver the order from G6"

He leaned forward, clasping his hand together and Jungkook felt restless. He tried to remain composed, but his pupil was shaking and he could feel his heartbeat racing so hard that it might pop out from his throat. The bald man eyes stared at him with an intense gaze and Jungkook swear the silence between them was disturbing.

"Lee Haejin will be executed in the next three days, and we will have to detain your wife for those days, probably more until she was proven not to be part of the treason. . While you, as they saw you being careless of your to not capture that traitor before, will be suspended from your rank for a while and will serve as a low-rank soldier during the ambush"

His heart slumped, his face went pale and his lips parted. He knew that her uncle will get kill, but why his wife need to pay the price? He doesn't care about the ambush, it wasn't every day and all he need to do was shoot and survive. Something he did ever since he was thrown to the pit of hell. Haewon was supposed to stay off from this, why did G6 include her?

"Why my wife is included in this? She has done nothing!"

"Miss Lee was his niece. She might have shared any information about your work to him behind your back, and G6 are still thinking the decision to let her alive or not"

"She's my wife for god sake! A mother to my child! Why will she be doing that? "

"Jungkook, It's for the best. You don't know what your wife be doing when you are away-"

"Fuck it, Frank! That woman will shiver in fear whenever an ambush happened, and this little piece of shit is saying that she might help him in his act of treason before?"

"Jungkook! Manners will you? He's in a  higher rank than us!"

His breath was ragged, and eyes red with rage. Suddenly, he stood up abruptly from his seat, causing the chair to fell and hit the floor. Frank was indeed shocked, and the corner of his eyes he could see the bald man preparing to let out his gun and shoot him. He never wants blood shed happened down here, where it might be a burden to get rid of the body.

Jungkook glared at him intensely, but he did nothing. For several minutes they were like this, until he covered his face with his left palm, trying to calm down. He knew there was nothing he could do. It was the higher up orders, but the urge to punch the bald man face was there. Once he regained himself, he sighed and looked back to forth at Frank and the bald man.

"If you touch my wife, I will kill you. Fucking kill you. And I will prove to you that she had nothing to do with her uncle treason. I don't fucking care of the war anymore, you touch her, my family and I will kill you with my own hands"