6.

He entered the office and before he could entered his room, someone called him and it was James, a good friend of his. James was in a lower rank than him,but Jungkook insisted him to call him by his name, not the usual 'sir'. They trained together, but Jungkook got promoted earlier than him.

"I'm sorry about what happened to the Jones. How's your wife? Is she alright?"

" She is still surprised, but I guess she's more mad than surprised at me"

"Who wouldn't? She almost saw her husband head getting shot"

He smiled at the joke and pushed the wooded door, only to see a man near his table. His back was the one that greeted Jungkook, but he eventually knew who it is. Someone more powerful than he is.

"Jungkook, how's you break?"

"A one day off should not be called a break, sir"

He chuckled and turned his back, slowly facing him. The man had a pipe on his mouth and the faint smell of smoke invaded the small room. James eventually excused himself, leaving the man and him in it. Jungkook eyes squinted at the smoke from the pipe but shrugged it off.  He took his seat on the table, leaving the high rank soldier standing there.

"I have some news for you"

"And I thought I was the one who need to send my reports on last night event, sir"

"It is regarding what happened last night too"

He raised his eyebrow, perplexed at his words. Frank then took a chair and sit in front of him before leaning down to tell him what he has been keeping. " We received a tip from the intelligence team. Someone has been sending codes to the Germans. And last night event was a solid proof on who had been sending this codes"

He got restless at the word, but proceeded to hear the next words from Frank. " They are aiming for your wife"

The both of them went silent, and after a moment Jungkook led out a small chuckle. He couldn't believe what he was hearing as Haewon had nothing to do in his line of work. His wife was a part time barista before while studying, and now is working at the hospital as nurse. She wasn't a German spy or anything that can cause harm to the country he is living in. If she is one, he would have knew before he got her to the bed that night.

"That's bullshit, Frank"

"I don't spit bullshit, Jungkook. You know me"

"My wife is a housewife and she recently got a job as a nurse at the local hospital. How on earth the Germans want to attack her?"

" Her uncle. The code was sent from your uncle house, but it had stopped for a long time. Guess the Germans was threatening him. An act of treason will cost a head, but since he had stopped for a long time, they decided to let him go. I guess the Germans knew they will lost, so they are using her uncle again to gain information. Probably he rejected, and that was why they came"

The information he gained was hard for him to understand , and his doe eyes blinked several times before looking away. He had always respected her uncle, even though the man had always talk bad at him whenever they went to visit him. Jungkook thought it was because he was worried about his beloved niece, but after knowing he was a informant for the German before, maybe he hated him because he was a soldier and he might get caught. There were many possibilities, but he was only worried at one.

"If they get her, will they kill her?"

"You know the Germans. and yes. Tomorrow, you will get a special order by G6 regarding this, but I can't assure you it will be a good news"

"Why?"

"It just a feeling, Jungkook. But you should prepare for the worst."

With his last words, Frank went ou leaving the man. He couldn't believe it. Her uncle is simple man and he owned a jewelry store. How the hell he had connection, especially the Germans? His mind wandered to last night event, but the soldiers didn't say anything about finding someone. In fact, they weren't expecting a soldier to be living there. A high rank to be exact.

Then his mind brought him back to her wife, the beautiful dark locks and her black eyes along with the kissable lips was enough to make him lost control everytime they were close to each other. Those eyes had shedded so many tear last night and it was all because of him. Had he stayed, they won't be fighting this morning. But again Jungkook fell it wasn't right for him to stay and let someone killed.

At the end, Mister Jones was killed, not him. Part of him was remorseful at the fact the old man saved him, but he couldn't help being grateful that he is still alive. He sighed , eyes gradually fell down to his ring at his finger, and a warm feeling invaded his heart. The Jungkook before never thought about being in a marriage, as a soldier coming back from a war will be thinking is sex and alcohol.

But that night, the first time he saw her was making his inside feeling giddy and he took a step, a step he never knew will changed his life forever.