38.

Seokjin ran to the medical tent, he was panting so hard that he almost collapsed at the entrance. Camillia went to him with a worried face but not because of his state, but the deafening sound of someone throwing things and yelling at the far back of the tent. Haewon wasn't inside, she was treating some boys at their camp who scraped their legs during patrol. He fastened his pace to the back section, only to be greeted by a flying chair flew to his side. There he saw Jungkook, wide and awake with the part of his torso was revealed, the blood spot getting bigger at the bandage.

He don't know he should be happy or shocked at Jungkook sudden outburst, but Seokjin knew he need to calm down the man. A doctor came closer to him when he suddenly took a piece of broken glass and aimed to him. It was as if Jungkook was cautious at everyone around him, and Seokjin was afraid he might harm anyone at this rate, so he step forward.

"Jung-"

"Who are you?"

He was startled at the sudden question but realise it was for the doctor not him. "Jungkook, put that thing down, you might hurt yourself"

Suddenly, the man threw the glass somewhere and back to square one, where he was now raging and he was again throwing things around. He was like a mad person, even when some men held him , they were easily thrown away by him. Seokjin took a big step to him and held his arm, only to be punched straight at the face. Jungkook was insane now, as if he don't remember who we was. Even after locking eyes with the general, his eyes remain furious and rage was controlling his body.

The doctor who was worried about Seokjin quickly took a syringe with a substance to make Jungkook calm. The man might get mad again when he wake up later but for now they need to make sure they are really prepare with a mad Jungkook. Before he could come closer to the raging Jungkook who was still yelling, punching anyone he saw and throwing things, someone entered the tent and all attention went to her. Haewon was walking inside with the box of medical kit, and realise the chaotic situation. She was about to ask what happened when she saw Jungkook was being held by some soldier, including Seokjin whose nose was bleeding.

"What is.. Jungkook?"

The medical kit fell down to the ground, as she fast paced her walk to her husband. Her eyes went teary, even when Camilla stop her from coming closer to him she still proceed to approach her. When she finally stood in front of him, a tear slip from her eye.

"Jungkook?," her hand slowly cupped his jawline, and his raging muscle contracted. The dark and intimidating stares changed to vulnerable doe eyes. He was confused at the sudden touch at his skin, but he let her. Seokjin and the other man let him go slowly, while the doctor who was about to came closer was stopped by Camilla. The awake Jungkook was calming down himself in front of her, and they watched them intently.

"It's me, Haewon. Your wife. Do you remember?"

He stood there in silent, letting the woman to held his face warmly, and his eyes were drawn to her. There was no response from Jungkook, so she continued speaking.

"We met at the bar, I was the waiter and I served you. Then we fell in love, we got married and you bought a house at the hillside of London, a little bit far from the city. A year later, we had a child, a daughter. Her names is-"

"Jaeun, Jeon Jaeun."

She smiled with her tears keep overflowing, nodding at his answer. His memory was slowly coming back, but there are some puzzles he couldn't get through with. Haewon saw how confused he look, so she continued.

"You told me before the war, to not cheat on you with any men, and if I want to I need to find someone more handsome than you. So I thought of-"

"Peter Harrison, especially him"

"And-," she was about to continue when she was pulled into his arm, a warmth feeling embraced her. His face hiding at the crook of her neck while he was now sobbing. She circled her arm around his torso, her fingers played with his dark hair. The others who were looking at them sighed in relief as Jungkook was now able to calm down, and his memory was slowly coming back.

"Van-Vante, he-he died. Its m-my fault"

"No it's not. He will be happy to see you still alive. Like he said in his last letter, to protect you"

He couldn't continues his words, so he hug her tighter, all the memory came rushing in and he finally remember who was everyone in the medical tent. It was as if Haewon unlocked something in his mind, and remember her scent vividly, even though she wasn't in her pastel feminine gown with her cute hat. She still looked beautiful with the dark green uniform and her tie bun hair.

Seokjin was right, Jungkook for sure needed someone to hug him once he woke up and Haewon was the right person. Jungkook knew he was finally back into the arms of the woman he love dearly, and he don't want it to end.

This time, he will be by her side forever.

There were silence when Jungkook was bought to the boy grave, it was still new and the the soil is still fresh. His body was still weak , but he managed to get here by the help of Haewon. He was still puzzled at how and why she is here, but he can ask Seokjin later. He kneeled down to the grave and grazed the tombstone, a heavy feeling surrounded him.

The dream was true after all.

He wanted to blame himself for the death of the young boy, he wanted to be the one who died not him. Vante was too young, he had a whole new world when the peace agreement is settled. He can paint as much as he want. He can buy his mother beef everyday, not just on special occasions. He might fall in love and have nice kids like him and Haewon.

Idiot, I told you I will protect you.

If a lesson is learn during this war, he would have say that his regrets was the dreadful lesson he learned. The boy died, and here he stood with a broken body, but Jungkook was still adamant that he can fight for the country.

Haewon who looked from a far sighed seeing her husband state. She was glad that he is alive, but she was feeling uneasy. As if something is bound to happen, and it wasn't a war. Something that including only Jungkook and her. Only them.

Little that she know, she will learn it sooner that even her love could never stop the stubborn soldier.