3.

Jungkook smiled warmly at the small life in his arms, giggling at every stupid face he make. Haewon is cooking in the kitchen, and her black hair was tie to a ponytail, revealing her white neck with some hickey he left at her. The house was enough for the small family he had, and he remembered how her uncle cursed him for not having a proper house for her niece. Jungkook bought this place a month before their wedding, leaving the shabby apartment he had near his post.

He remember Haewon liked how warm the neighbourhood is, a little tiring to get there by walking as it was uphill but the view was spectacular. If an ambush happened at night, they can saw the light and fire from their house and glad that it only attacked the city part. Jaeun was born during the war, and his mind was bought back to the time the hospital was attacked and Haewon was about to give birth. It was frantic, nurses escorted them out from the building and he thought he will lost the both of them.

And if Haewon decided to work there, then she is exposed to danger.

"Haewon"

She looked back after tasting her curry with a small mess at the corner of her lips. Jungkook smile at her before slowly putting Jaeun back to the baby cot and tucked her in. She giggled while playing with her teether.  He then proceed to walk back to the kitchen, hugging his wife who had now turned back to face her curry. Haewon was a bit short, but her height was enough for the man to kiss the crook of her neck.

"Not now, sir. Your wife is needed to cook for dinner. "

"Dinner can wait, ma'am. But I'm not talking about that"

"Then what? Talking while kissing my neck won't make me focus on your words sir"

He laughed before distancing his lips from her neck, slowly resting his chin on her shoulder. His hands that secured her hands caused the woman to feel ticklish a bit, but she remain still while stirring their dinner that night. "Why hospital? Not the chapel?"

That did stopped her. He sensed how stiff she got, and her smile went away. The silence got awkward and Jungkook knew something is not right. Her uncle was very protective towards Haewon, so why he seeked a job for her at the city, where bombs might fell down and soldiers be running around from sudden ambush? The chapel was far more safe, and it is more close to their house.

He slipped a hand to close the stove, and slowly let go of her hand from the laddle. He proceeded to turn her around, hands supporting her back while he tried to make eye contact with his wife. Haewon eyes was still looking down, so he tilted her chin with his fingers,giving her the warmest smile. "Is something wrong? Did Uncle said something to you?"

"No. No he did not"

"So why are you hesitant to answer, Jeon Haewon? Are you hiding something from me?"

"You know I will never do that, Jungkook"

"I know. But I got a feeling something is not right. Why did he ask you to work at a hospital? Not the chapel?"

Just when she was about to answer, a loud defeaning sound could be heard, and he immediately let her go. He walked straight to the kitchen window, and spotted the fire from above, planes shooting and sound of people shouting their orders. The gloomy sky was now full with lights and he knew another ambush was send to them. The city was getting attacked, and he could see everything from their house above the hills.

Other residents have started to close their lights and he eventually did the same. Haewon had already took Jaeun  in her arms, and the lights were out. Her husband was still eyeing the scenario, when suddenly he saw some soldiers, clearly not from their side walking towards their resident. This never happened before. The Germans never walked far from the city.

Unless they are hear to steal some cigarettes and alcohol. "Haewon, you and Jaeun in the basement, now"

She obeyed and quickly pushed away the carpet near the stairs, revealing the small door to the basement. She opened it and went in but she halted. Jungkook wasn't following her, and she sensed something bad might happen. "Jungkook, you're not going in?"

The man looked back and slowly walked towards her. The footsteps and the Germans soldier voice was getting closer so he glanced to his back sometimes. Once he reached her, he patted her head before smiling.

"I'll just look for a bit more, then I'll join you"

"It's dangerous-"

"Nothing will happen dear, I promise"

He pushed her slightly, and closed the door before adjusting back the carpet.  Haewon heart raced, and she knew something wasn't right. She could heard the Germans voice just now, and they are in danger. She slowly kneeled down to the cold floor, before hugging Jaeun to her body. The child seems to understand her mother worry, so she played with the lace at her blouse.

Nothing was heard, and her panic was starting to make her restless. Just when she was about to walk back to the door, it open and revealed her husband. The man closed it back, making sure the carpet position wasn't that obvious to cover the door. Haewon eyes were full of tear and he hugged her, kneeling down together at the floor.

"Listen to me, Haewon"

"W-what?"

"Whatever happens, don't come out untill I'm the one who opens it. And if I don't do that, than wait until everything is silence and get out. Run to your uncle house using the forest pathway and never look back. "

"What are you talking about, and why you won't open the door? Jungkook don't tell me-"

"They are here not to steal, but to kill . At least one person. And I'm not going to let them do that"