15.

He arrived at the hospital and jumped out from his car, wasting no time to meet his wife. First, he was greeted by some doctors and nurse there, which he simply nodded and headed to the ward. Then, he almost bumped an injured soldier which cause him to say sorry several times before walking back to his destination. Just before he could entered the ward, someone tapped his shoulder which cause him to turned back, holding back his frustration.

"Sir Jeon, are you looking for your wife?"

"Where is she? I need to see her. It's an urgent matter"

"She went back home several minutes ago. Her uncle call the hospital, and she took a leave early"

With those words, Jungkook ran back to the main lobby, heartbeat racing and cursed himself how he was only a few minutes late than her uncle. Things would be different and he could have met his wife sooner than that man. He skipped the stairs at the front and ran to his car, making some bystander looking weird at why the soldier is in hurry as in he was late for a war.

Starting his engine, he drove back to his house and prayed that Lee Haejin had done nothing to his family. If he have to kill him there, then he will kill him there. If he have to shot him dead, then he will shot him dead. He have no rights to have his niece back because he was the sole reason why they were in this situation. He almost run over some cross walker but he had no time to stop apologize. He sped off, leaving the person to curse him at the pavement.

Once he entered his neighbourhood, his palm was getting sweaty and his eyes looked around for his uncle car. He always came with a taxi, but he might just want to drive here and take his family away. The old man will know by now that he is going to be executed, probably trying to run away with Haewon. Jungkook is not letting that to happen. He parked the car in front of their house and walked out, snatching the key car from the ignition. He hoped he wasn't late for anything. He unlocked the door of their shared house and entered it.

"Haewon? Haewon?"

There was no response, and he panicked. He looked at the living room, the bed in the crib was crippled a bit and a half finished milk in a bottle was at the side. It means Jaeun was here a few minutes ago. He then walked to the kitchen and sense the stove was slightly hot. He was relieved that she still might be here, but then he was still worried about her whereabouts. He was about to go to the backdoor when he heard noises upstairs. It was faint but he recognized the sound.

A woman voice and a baby giggling.

He didn't waste anytime and ran upstairs, frantically searching for his wife. There she stood from the doorway, putting on Jaeun clothes while talking to her. She looked up to the doorway, sensing something and saw her husband tired but relieved face looking at them. She stood up straight and smiled warmly at him before inviting him to a hug. A habit she will usually do whenever he came back home. The man chuckled before coming closer and leaned down to her shoulder while wrapping his arms on her waist.

"The hospital called the house number and tell me that you are looking for me. Why?"

"Nothing. I just miss you"

"That's weird. You are saying the same thing like my uncle. He miss me and asked me to go home because he miss me. "

"Did-did you go there?"

"No, not yet. I went and pickup Jaeun first. I thought about bringing her there too. "

He let go of her but his hands travelled to her shoulder, gaze suddenly turned cold but there was a glint of warmness in it. He need to know in order for him to decide, whether let G6 take her, or send her to the chapel for a while until he finish his duty. If she knew about it along, then he had another choice, to betray his country for his love for her which is run away, or see the love of his life get killed by his own hands in front of his colleagues.