Luis Mendoza

Requested by @HayleyMckinley

**This is slightly different than my usual ones.**

Skating around the ice, I spun backward and skated away from Luis, watching as he'd lowered to a knee and retied the lace of his left skate. Barely glancing behind me to see if I were gonna hit the wall, I turned on the edge of my blades and began heading down the rink.

We were the only people in the arena since the practice was over and his smart ass decided to stay afterward to spend a bit more time on the ice. However, knowing the boy quite well, I had a feeling we weren't just going to be skating. The team had left for the locker room by now and everyone at the school had disappeared for the evening, doing god knows what.

Most of the lights had dimmed and only a few main ones lit up the rink. The bleachers were completely empty and as I slowed my pace around the net, I stared up at the banners hanging from the wooden beams. Most were from Varsity and I could see the two banners hanging up that my team and I had won the year before. We were the new Varsity and this was our second term, and last one.

The sweat became cold against the side of my face from having cooled down and my speed became minimal to ease myself as the sport had come to an end. From the corner of my eye, I could see Luis getting up off the ice, pushing up from his lowered knee and rose to his feet. He about lost his balance from getting up so quickly, but caught himself and played it off cool.

I laughed to myself. "Saw that."

"Saw what?" He asked, pretending as if nothing happened.

Skating toward him, I slowed my pace and stopped slowly, nothing fancy, and stood face to face with him. He was inches taller than I was, but three years ago he wasn't. "You almost fell, Mendoza."

"Did not, Wilson." He shot back.

I lifted my chin, staring at him through the protective plastic on my helmet and with a nod, push off. Slowly backing away, I raise both hands into the air. "All right then." I shrug. "Bet you can't beat me around the rink."

"Oh," He shook his head, getting perked up. "I can whip your skinny ass any day." He pointed and pushed off.

Already having a head start, I was down by the net when he began skating and I knew very well he had speed like a cheetah, though not as fast. Luis was our fastest skater and I couldn't compare, but I was very skilled when it came to learning and knowing plays, to finding the perfect loop holes.

I'd known him since freshmen year when I joined the Ducks' team and that year to say the least was the worst year for the Ducks'. People were all over the place and I hated every part of Luis when it came to the way he was with girls. The way he approached older girls for their hot looks, skinny waists, big breasts and ass, it was pathetic. Though, we got along great on the ice and off the ice, we were barely friends.

My tenth year was the year I started fitting in and Coach Orion had told me to get my head in the game. That was when I started becoming friends with Luis, and the rest of the team of course. I was close friends with Connie and Julie, we were the ultimate trio. We did everything together as girls and often hung out in each other's dorms until after hours, always arriving late to class.

Now, Luis and I weren't what everyone believed us to be. The romantic twelfth grade couple hooked up one another, aiming for the prom titles. No, we were best friends and lovers combined, though nothing about our relationship was official. We were both seeing other people, not in any official relationships with those people, but we were exploring our options.

He and I are great friends, we did everything together and helped teach each other over the last few years. We'd kissed several times in the past and hung out or went on 'friendly' dates, but every other person believed we were together. Our chemistry was that legit, though, we liked being simple partners. I mean, who wanted to be alone on valentine's day, Easter or halloween and even Christmas?