Jesse Hall

*They have cellphones in this one*

"You break my heart." She shook her head, tears threatening to spill as she eyed him.

The few boys turned, standing one behind the other, refusing to walk into the locker room and enjoy the drama unfold between their best friend and his girlfriend. Adam approached behind the group of boys, over looking Greg's shoulder to see what was happening. With raised brows, he noticed Jesse and his girl, figuring their conversation wasn't gonna end well seeing as she was practically in tears. Adam pushed the boys aside, walking into the locker room.

Hands ran through his hair as he gripped at the dark tight curls, pacing side to side as he thought. 

Jesse could only think she was being dramatic and paranoid since he had absolutely no idea what was happening. The girl had stormed the hockey game minutes before it finished and he thought nothing of it, but then clued in something must've happened. 

However, a guy could not tell his girlfriend, or any girl, that she was being over dramatic and paranoid when quite frankly it was the case. It would only make things worst for both parties and Jesse had learned a thing or two from opening his big mouth, therefore didn't question her sudden outburst.

"I broke your heart?" He almost laughed. He stopped pacing and looked down the hall to her. "What's the matter?"

"No," She shook her head, holding back her tears. "You're the matter." She points. 

"How!? What?" He furrowed his brows.

The girl stepped forward with a deep inhale, poking his shoulder. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You have a girlfriend."

The boy was confused as heck and didn't know what she was getting on about. "What the hell is going on?...Guys?" He turned and looked to them for help.

They all shrugged and quickly shuffled into the locker room, running off as Dahlia looked at all them. Her eyes pierced into every one of theirs and immediately, they shoved inside the room in a hurry. The door closed with a slight slam as she turned her attention back to Jesse. 

"Thought we trusted each other?"

"I do- we do." He corrected with a nod.

"Then why am I finding out from your friend you're not?" She eyed him, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jesse was very quick to stomp on toes. "Who told you that?"

Dahlia went ahead and shook her head, not going to answer him. "Were you with some other girl last week?" She asked him, stoic as heck.

"No." He shot in a hurry.

"Oh, so you were with the boys?"

"Yes!"

Biting her lip, she pulled back the sleeve of her jacket. "You make me sick." She told him. "You're lying to my face, Jesse, and I know it."

"My eyes might not be lookin' at chu because you're yellin' at me!" He rose his voice, knowing she was on to him.  Jesse's girlfriend stepped back for a second, undoing the bracelet on her wrist that matched his. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Shaking her head, she shrugged. "Were you with another girl last week at the out of town game?" She sighed, feeling her heart pounding against her chest with both hate and sadness. 

She had been texting one of the boys on his hockey team, which is what they were currently arguing about. Dahlia didn't want to make a big fuss about it but it was extremely hard when she gave Jesse everything and more. She supported him at every game and whenever he couldn't make it to an event of hers, she never judged or faulted him for it. 

Now, he took an opportunity during an away game and she found about it. Dahlia was extremely mad because it came from his friends, not Jesse himself. She didn't know what hurt more- the fact Jesse was lying about it or the fact one of his friends told her a week after it happened. She could only wonder who the girl was and how long it'd been going on. She felt betrayed and used- like she wasn't good enough and maybe hadn't ever been.

All these thoughts filled her head and she just wanted to punch Jesse in the face, but her kind demeanor would prevent her. 

Jesse exhaled, gripping his hockey stick tightly as he tried holding himself together. "I already know, so don't fucking lie to me." She eyed him.

"I didn't lie." He told her. The girl poked her tongue to her cheek and turned, walking by him in a hurry. "Hey, wait."

Dahlia stormed into the locker room with half dressed boys, not caring in the moment because she was too furious to even both staring at them. The door slammed open as Jesse followed her in and the tears were burning her eyelids, ready to stain her cheeks at any moment now. 

The brunette looked around the locker room for one boy in particular who'd sent her the message. A photo of him with the girl that'd been cropped out when the guys went out on their off night to chill. "Adam," She nods to him. "Yeah, he told me. He had the decency to tell me and I thank him." She turned. "Thanks, Adam." She was sincere.

The boy merely nodded in return, feeling back because he potentially split up his teammate's relationship but at the same time no person deserved to be left in the dark over something like such. 

Jesse looked at her, realizing someone had really told her the truth. He grew mad at Adam for it, but couldn't face him as Dahlia glared him down. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"Sorry?" Her brows rose and eyes widened suddenly. She began to laugh hysterically and stomp her foot on the ground. "Sorry!?" She screamed. "No, I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you so you went and fucked some other girl!" She cried out.

"I didn't!"

"Sure as hell were gonna if someone didn't stop you!" She shouted.

She began to cry in the locker room filled with boys who watched and Jesse kicked the ground with his skate, growing quiet. Taking the bracelet off, she threw it at him. "I don't want to see you again."

"Dally, wait-"

"No," She shook her head as he went to take her wrist, she stepped away from him and toward the door. "I gave you everything I had and more, and if I wasn't good enough, the least you could have done is told me."

"I tried-"

"Bullshit, you never once tried, Jesse." She continued shaking her head. "Go run to her, I don't fucking care right now." She turned away and wiped her tears.

Part of a rebel in her wanted to kiss any of the boys in the locker room to get back at him but Dahlia knew she would stoop just as low as Jesse if she did that. Therefore she held herself back and didn't, thanking Adam for telling her and she hated it came from him, and a week late, but was grateful someone didn't let her keep going.

"Don't call me, don't text me, don't come to my house." She eyed Jesse. "We are done." She pulled the jacket off her shoulders, shoving it against his chest and pulled the door open.

With that, she left.