Guy Germaine

It was her first day at Eden Hall and she was assigned to fellow schoolmate, Guy Germaine, a Sophomore who'd started school the year prior.  She was nervous and a hot mess as she sat in the chair at the front office, her arms filled with books on top of books. She had two brothers, but they were both two grades higher than she was and they were already off with a few kids their age checking out the entire school. 

Tatum Monroe was a transfer student, it was mid year already and the second term was about to begin within the next few days. She wore jeans with a tee shirt tucked into her jeans, a belt around her waist with a hoodie and sneakers. Her parents had wished she dressed up a little better than she did, but she claimed that she didn't need to impress anyone at her new school; she was a jock.

The curly blond headed boy approached the office and brought his arms to the top of the secretary's desk, looking down at her from over the counter. "She's right over there." She spoke up, not looking away from her screen as she had too much to do.

Guy nodded and turned on his heels, noticing several people sitting in seats. There were three boys and two girls, he knew he was supposed to be the girl's buddy, so he looked at the girls. He'd seen the one girl before and the other he had never seen before, so he, walked over to her with a smile.

"You must be my new buddy for a few weeks. I'm Guy Germaine." He told her.

She could barely seem him through all her books. She didn't know what he looked like or how tall he was, but his voice seemed nice and genuine, so she thought he was nice. "Tatum...Tatum Monroe." She answered, forgetting to add her last name and began to stand, the wad off books beginning to swing side to side as she did.

"Here. Let me help." He took a few of her books, he was able to see her face now and gave her a nice smile, she sent him a half smile, not really in the mood. She was mad at her parents for moving across the country for her mother's job and she hated the fact that her brothers were fitting in just well. She hated being the youngest, she hated being a girl, well, sometimes, and she definitely wasn't in the mood for a new school or new friends.

They began walking down the hall together, she followed beside him as he led the way. He was going to show her where her locker was after she'd told him the number. "So, how come you're so late into the year?" He asked.

She shrugged. "My mother got a job transfer and I'm not eighteen, so, I'm stuck here now." She answered.

"I see, that sucks. Where're you from?"

"Stranger, much?" She spoke, but answered anyhow. "Sunny California."

He nods. "That's cool, I've been there before. It's a real nice place."

She could agree, but now she didn't know what to compare Minnesota to. Not that Minnesota was bad, but the city wasn't exactly her style. She was more of the surf and beach girl who relaxed at the beach or went shopping for hours. Her old house was massive, a nice beach house with a full basketball court and a nice pool and hot tub. Her new house had a pool and that was it, she wasn't impressed, but it would do, for now.

"Anyways, this is your locker. Locks are tricky, but once you get used to them, they're easy to use." He explained and she unlocked it with ease, making him nod. She took the books from his hands and shoved them into her locker on the top shelf and then she hung her two bags inside. Her school bag and a gym bag for her sports. "I'll show you around the school...That's the library. Over there it's Mr. Tee's class." He points. "You don't wanna mess with him." He laughed. 

"Look, I know you're supposed to be my buddy and all, but I think I can handle classes and if not, then I get a detention for being late." She explained, cutting him off and he was taken back by her sudden change in attitude. "Show me the gym or the courtyard."

"You're an athlete?" He asked.

"Of course. Yourself?" She asked and he nodded. "What sport?"

"Hockey."

"Wow!" She spoke, wide eyed. "Me too!"

"Really?"

"No." She stopped in the middle of the hall, serious now. "I don't run around wearing an over sized black diaper. I'm a basketball player."

He had to admit, she did make him laugh even with her fiery attitude. She seemed like a cool girl to him and he wouldn't mind being her friend, he was just uncertain about her thoughts on himself. He led her outside and they walked towards the stables. "I'm not a big basketball fan." He told her. "I've seen it before, but I find the ice more interesting than the court." He shrugged.

"So, how long have you been at the school?"

"Since Freshmen year, so, last year." He answered. "The school seems preppy and obnoxious, but it's quite nice once you get used to it. I hated it here when I first showed, but I liked it now." 

"I could get used to it, but for now, it's my worst nightmare." She spoke. They arrived to the stables and stopped, she looked around at the place before thanking him for showing her around. "Um, thank you for showing me around." She told him.

"You're welcome, if you need anything, just find me. If I'm not around after school, check the rink or go to my dorm." He spoke, writing it down on a piece of paper.

"Thanks...And um, I know I may come off mean half the time, but trust me, I'm a real nice person." She smiled. 

"I'm sure you are." He nodded. "Well, I've got to be going, so, I'll see you around, Tatum." He half waved before walking off back towards the school. She turned and headed inside the stables to go pet some horses.