Charlie Conway

It was about eight thirty at night, I was tired and my feet were incredibly sore. I wore a light pink prom dress that had a slightly puffed shoulder sleeve and then was skin tight down my arm. The material was more satin since it gave off a shiny vibe. Of course, the material wasn't my favorite, but the design was absolutely my favorite. My dress cinched at my waist lightly and then continued down to the floor in a ruffle effect. I wore a tall pair of black heels and pantyhose. (Remember, it's the 90s.)

My hair was teased and pulled up on top of my head in an array of messy curls. My makeup was natural and I felt beautiful. My sister had done my hair and I had done her hair. I believed everything about myself was perfect, well, not perfect, but almost. You know, no one is perfect. Prom for me is a high light, I'm a cheerleader, Senior in high school, and now I just need to graduate. Prom meant the world to me, just to attend meant a lot and even if I don't have a boyfriend, I still have a date.

Charlie Conway is my date, he plays for the Varsity hockey team. He's nice and charming, he's got nice looks and I've adored being his friend. We understand each other quite well, we never argue and we always have a good time together. I couldn't of asked for a better guy friend. Now that my brothers have graduated, I'm the only one left at school, besides my father. So it is nice to have a friend like Charlie around. He can have an attitude, but I've learnt to accept that and deal with it.

Anyways, the night had started off slow and kind of awkward, but now it seems relaxing and fun. I was having a good time standing by the punch table with Connie, Julie, and Ally. The four of us are good friends and have known each other for a few years now. I knew Ally for the longest time now and then we met Connie and Julie about three and a half years ago.

Ally and I are part of the cheerleading team here at Eden Hall. I met the girls when my father introduced me to them after one of their hockey games. The Dean, Riley, is my father and my brother is Rick Riley and Ralph Riley. I've attended the school since my Freshmen year and have practically lived here; everyone knows my brothers and I.

It was getting rather hot and I don't know if it was because I'd eaten the hot wings or because it was actually hot with all the people inside the gym. "I'm gonna go find the others." I told the girls.

"Okay." Julie nods.

"Don't slip!" Connie spoke.

"I'm gonna go find my boyfriend. I'll meet you girls in a bit." Ally said, turning on her heels and walked off to go find Luis Mendoza.

On my way to meet my other friends, a few cheerleaders, Charlie had come into view and I stopped in front of him. He blocked my view from friends and I gave him a kind smile, looking over his shoulder and he looked back to see what I was looking at. "Hey, you know of much of a fan I am of this song, wanna join me?" He asked her nonchalantly.

"Um, in a minute, yeah?" I answered him, he nodded and went to the dance floor.

I walked over to my friends to see what they were doing. Their boyfriends standing by their sides and I stood by myself with no boyfriend. I wasn't sad that I didn't have a boyfriend, I'm eighteen and have been the most single girl you'd ever know to date. I wasn't made fun of for it, in fact, people were surprised, which only made them want to get with me more.

"So, when are you gonna give up this friendship thing and date someone already?" One of my friends asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, you're like friends with every guy in school." Another friend added.

"I'm not into that kinda thing right now." I answered. "Anyway, how's the night so far?"

"My heels are killing me." My first friend spoke again. "And Bobby won't bother to hold my heels." She slapped her boyfriend's chest, joking around with him and he laughed.