Lester Averman

You sniffled.

With a pile of blankets thrown over top of your body, you were absolutely buried below the mound of comforting pillows, teddy bears, and throw blankets. Every last item gathered throughout your room was piled high above you as your face was sunken into one of several pillows. 

As hard as it could be to breathe the odd time, you found a slight comfort hiding below all the weight. A comfort that made you feel less alone than you actually were. Sometimes being alone was all right due to the idea you didn't mind it but other days you absolutely hated being alone. It was one of those endless looping battles you never won.

Chin itched from the dried drool due to your silent suffocating cries.

It'd been an hour and a half maybe. Your cries had subsided a little but not my much and the thoughts kept reminding you just how alone you were. Your eyes were a light red, watered with salt that combined with snot due to your breakdown. 

By all means it was not a pleasant sight but you were so out of it that you did not care. The cries worsened as your head pounded, aching right in the forehead above your nose. Your fingers gripped the pillow tightly, knuckles strewn white and the more you cried, the harder you cried the harder you gripped the pillow or sheets.

With a massive inhale, choking on your breath, you lifted your head from the pillow, feeling the one above your head fall off and hit the floor. With an eye roll, you turned over onto your back slowly with an achy motion, head pounding vigorously. Blurry eyes stared around the room with tear drops making their way slowly down the dried paths along your cheeks.

In this very moment you hated everything about him. 

About Lester Averman. Seventeen year old virgin and newbie to the dating world. High school hockey player known for his stupid, and sometimes funny, jokes and comments. Almost a stud for if it weren't for his lack of clumsiness on the ice and his ridiculously contagious laugh.

Your mind fought a lot with you about that boy who you knew wasn't special but deep down couldn't deny he wasn't. A guy you come to meet in the last two years had you becoming his best friend that at first you were into each other, then feelings faded when you both distanced yourself due to the new onset of emotional thoughts.

Once that disappeared, you were like brother and sister. A lot of joking and messing around to the point people actually thought you two were a couple, a might fine fake one at that. Sometimes you both played it off mutually, not minding what people said. 

Now, you were stuck in a situationship.

Yes, a situationship where you were more than friends but less than lovers. Sometimes you absolutely loved the guy to the point you imagined yourself with him. Holding his hand and getting excited every time you saw him or he called you. Or wishing you could be sleeping with him on late afternoons in each others arms. Little scenarios like so played in your head.