Guy Germaine

"You know, if would drive like a normal person, this wouldn't happen." I told him as he followed me throughout my dad's shop.

The name's Ezra Mullen and I'm seventeen years old. I now a heck of a lot about cars. You see, my Pa lives and breathes cars. He's got his own car shop and I've been coming here ever since I could walk. That boy there is Guy Germaine, I've known him for about a year now and it all started the week after he got his licence. He scratched up his truck real good and I don't even know what he did to do it, because he never tells me, but whatever he did, it was one hell of a scratch.

"But I barely did fifty." He told me as I turned and stepped inside, leaving the garage as I shook my head.

"Hey, Dale." He nod to one of the other workers who was on break.

"Hey, Ez, how's the Hogan truck coming along?" He asked.

"It's getting there." I laughed and Guy followed me throughout the shop. I entered my dad's office and took my seat at his desk. Opening one of the desk drawers, I motioned for Guy to sit down and I grabbed a file. I wasn't supposed to be in the client files, but Guy Germaine had been my client since the day his truck came in the shop. 

I didn't want to work on his vehicle at all, but my dad had told me to and I have to follow the chief's orders. That my friend is my dad's way of helping out with boys. My mother hasn't been around munch, she's always out on business trips. Every business trip she meets up with his guy and it pains me what she's doing behind my father's back because he such a great man. He built an auto body shop from nothing and everything told him it wasn't worth it, but now, we had people waiting weeks for their cars to be fixed.

She's been cheating on him for the last five months and I'm disgusted by it. My mother buys my what ever I want just to keep my mouth shut. She buys me things that I already have or don't even need. I barely know the woman anymore, that's why my dad and I are so close.

Pulling Guy's folder out, I grabbed a pen and looked through it. My dad has all the information about the car typed out, but I liked keeping my own notes in the file as well. My father usually had our guy, Ted, write up reports on why the car was in, but Ted never did that. So, it was left to me.

"You can't tell me that it was my fault." He told me and I raised a brow, looking at him.

"Guy, you were here last month for a hit and run." I laughed.

"I hit a cat, so what?" He asked me.

"It's still murder." I told him and got up from seat, leaving the file there and he followed me out of the offices. I made my way into the garage where I pulled a pair of glasses on over my eyes, tossing him a pair as well. Undoing the arms of my coveralls, I pulled them up and brought my arms into the sleeves as I made my way towards his truck to see how it was coming along. 

The guys were reattaching the front bumper to the truck because Guy drove over a speed bump too quickly. Guy stood next to me and I looked at the guys' work. "Hey Boys, dad needs an exact total so he can charge it to the bill."

"Will do, Ez. Mind passing over the wrench?"

I picked it up and passed it over to one of the guys. Turning on my heels, my boots kicked against the cement ground as I headed to go work on my car. It was my personal car and there was nothing wrong with it, I simply wanted to 'soup' it up some, ya know? Make it look better and such.

"So, got a game tomorrow?" I asked him, he followed me still, not having any way to leave the garage since his car was getting fixed. I leaned against the side of my old pick up, tossing a lug wrench into the air and caught it.

"Yeah, against Kapman." He nods. "Are you coming?"

I laughed, not too sure. I was a simple car girl he met because of a fluke between him and his truck. I never was a person to go to sports games, even though I watched them on TV. I shrugged and he looked at me. "Probably not." I answered.

"Why not? If you're gonna be my girlfriend, you should start coming to my games."

I laughed once more and approached him. "Guy, I fix your car, not your heart." I pushed him and he smirked with a cute eye roll. 

I have to admit, the guy was good looking and every time he came to the shop, I grew excited to see him. I don't know if it was him I was excited to see him or his truck and the story why he was here in the first place. Guy didn't go to any other car shop but this one, and we'd know if he did. The system has it all.

"Come on, Ezra, I know you like me." He told me, following me around the truck and I stopped, popping the tailgate down where I had more tools lying around the back. I disliked when others took my tools, so, I kept them at my truck for that reason. I reached over and put the lug wrench away, grabbing a simple screw driver so I could knock the rust off. I didn't want to grind or sand it off in case I damaged it. "You love having me here."

"Do I really, Guy?" I asked him.

"I could show you."

I could only laugh. "Fine, but after you do, I except not to see you here for another two months."

"Deal." He nods.

Guy had brought an arm around my waist and spun me so I rested back against the tailgate. He was smooth, I'll give him that. He closed the gap between us and I found myself bringing a hand to his shoulder as he kissed me. I kissed him back, biting the bottom of his lip, which got him going as he our kiss turned to a passionate one within seconds. His free hand leaving the tailgate of my truck as it reached for my ass cheek. I brought my hand away from his shoulder, taking his away from my ass and placed it to my hip.

Pulling back, I looked at the boy. "All right, now get out, Blondie." I scooted by him. 

"That's it?" He questioned me. "Just like that?"

"Just like that." I repeated, walking down the side of my truck, passing under a trick lifted up as someone worked on it's brakes. "See you in two months, Guy." I shot a hand up, waving him off. 

I didn't see him or his truck for three and a half months. But, I did see Guy and that was a month after I told him not to come back for two. He wouldn't give up until I agreed to go out on a date with him. That date turned to two, then three, and a four, then he asked me to prom at his school, which I agreed to. From there, Guy became someone I saw everyday even if we went to two different schools and lived in two different suburbs of Minneapolis.