Fulton Reed

Standing near the bow of her father's yacht, Cassie backed away quietly with a sneaky smile as she eyed around for the boy who'd been chasing her. With his hat loosely on her head, she made sure to keep an eye out for him as he was a little furious she'd stolen his hat and messed his hair up. 

Across, coming from the stern, Fulton marched out bare foot across the freshly cleaned deck. He looked back, searching for her as she knew her way about the boat whereas it was all unfamiliar to him. When he came to the open upper deck, he noticed her staring up at the sky, hand to the top of her head to hold the too big hat.

With a sly smile, he tip toed across the deck to come spook her.

They weren't dating, but they weren't just best friends either, as sometimes it felt like they were more and others days if felt like they were just two normal people. Their friendship was a map of wonders both waiting to be explored and had already been explored. Cassie wasn't head over heels for him, but she held an attraction toward him that she tried to keep buried whereas he was sly about his crush for her.

Not letting her quite know about it but hinted it and tonight he was definitely hinting that he was more into her than just a friend way.

His hands grabbed onto her waist and she quickly got scared, letting out a low yelp of fright before laughing and fell to a crouch. He doubled over as she pulled him down with her and her laughs filled the air as he leaned over her shoulder. "Think you're so funny."

"So, so funny." She mocked.

"C'mon."

"Wait, wait." She ushered, going to get up herself but had no choice when he helped her up.

She felt his fingers dig into her bare sides as he hoisted her back to her feet and for a second, Cassie had cringed at the idea. A little embarrassed, she faced away from him to hide her suddenly pale features.

He spun her around to face him and she had twirled a little too much, being held onto tightly as she fell into his front, a little lightheaded from the wrestling around as she caught her breath. His hands snaking to rest on her butt casually as she looked up at him, his too big hat falling over her eyes.

"Hat's too big for you." He laughed.

"You just have a big head."

"No, you're just small."

The view of him from where she stood was different because he was taller and she saw his sharp jaw line a bit better and the perfection of his chin. Not a touch of a beard could be felt and Cassie was thankful Fulton didn't admire the facial look on himself because she found guys hotter without facial hair; they always looked younger than they were.

Fulton breathed in deeply to catch his breath, having ran around the exterior of the yacht to find her. Swaying in the bit of breeze, she scratched her nose and stared off the calm water surrounding them. "You ever slept outside before?" He asked her, kind of curious considering they were rich as fuck.