Charlie Conway

(Part two of the previous Charlie imagine)

At the end of the day, Charlie and the guys had left class discussing what would happen next. Julie had spoken to Adam about the situation after school had finished, but her conversation didn't last long when she noticed the same thing from Charlie's neck on Adam's neck, then she investigated a little more and looked to Guy. She was a smart girl and hadn't realized anything yet, but she assumed the boys had some fun over the weekend. As much as she wanted to slap Adam and shove him away, she did not.

She had the courage to muster up some words. "Adam," She began. "What's on your neck?"

He furrowed his brows, playing along with the rest of the boys. "What do you mean?" He rubbed his neck. "What's there?"

"Don't play dumb. Tess is already mad enough about this, I don't wanna know the same thing happened to me and now to Connie, too." She turned.

"Nothing happened." He answered.

"Believe me, we didn't do anything this weekend." Charlie interrupted. She whipped around to see the boy.

"Don't." She spoke to Charlie. "You've caused enough trouble." She shook her head. "I wouldn't think of seeing this from any of you, ever. You guys sure as heck wouldn't like it if we did that to you, I can assure you that."

"I got things to do. Where's Tess?" Charlie asked. Julie refused to say anything. She simply walked off and told Adam she wasn't talking to him there. She wasn't in the mood to speak to him, so she left. Meanwhile, Charlie walked off to go find Tessa. She had her own dorm, a floor above the rest of the hockey team. She lived in Edina, near Adam a few blocks away.

Knocking on her door, the room was quiet. Her roommate hadn't come back to the dorm since school finished. Connie was there with her and Julie had walked off to get some fresh air after what she'd just learnt. She didn't think the boys would betray any of them, she was thinking that they'd gone to some party and got carried away. She knew they had no excuse, there was no going back from what they'd done.

"Tessa." Charlie knocked. "Can I come in? I don't know what's wrong." He told her.

That made her even more mad and Connie told her to chill. Connie decided it would be best if the two talked, so they did, and Connie left. "Charlie." She spoke, leaving. She too felt bad and hurt, Charlie was the captain of the team and every trusted and relied on him to guide them. He was there to talk to if anyone needed help, but with the dilemma coming out of nowhere, the girls were upset. And Connie didn't even know what Guy had done yet.

"Con." He nods, watching her leave. He entered the dorm, shutting the dorm. "That hit hurts like hell." He spoke, walking inside.

"Not hard enough." She spoke, staring at the floor her tongue in her cheek, holding back what she needed to say.

"Look, I don't know what happened at lunch that you slapped me, but I would like to know." He spoke, keeping his prank alive as the boys were too. He was wanting to see how long he could take it before he needed to tell Tessa and she got too mad.

She looked up at him with red puffy eyes, furious. "Are you kidding me?" She got up, shoving him away from her roughly. "You're joking?!"

"No, I don't know why you slapped me."

"You don't know why?!" She huffed. "I'll show you why." She approached him, pulling the collar of his jacket down. "That." She rubbed at his neck.

"Ow." He stepped back. "They're from you." He spoke.

"Oh, so you know they're there." She spoke, not saying as a question, but more of a statement. He looked at her with confusing written all over his face.

"I don't know why you're so upset. This is from you. Thursday night." He explained. "We hung out?" He questioned her.

She shook her. "No. That's not mine. I would know if those were mine and you would too because I rarely, I mean, rarely, do that." She points, mad. "Now get out." She shoved him aside, shaking her head some more and wiped her face.

"Tessa," He began. "Let me-"

"No!" She hollered. "Get out."

"Don't yell." He told her. "If someone hears, they'll report us."

"Good. Maybe that'll teach you a lesson to not cheat!" She hollered, shoving him hard enough that he fell back onto the other bed. "Get out!" She cried, wiping her eyes, not caring anymore for him or the team. She was in too much pain to think about what she was doing.

She'd gone through something similar that she couldn't continue after all the trust she poured into this relationship. It took her forever to open up to Charlie, to allow him to kiss her, or hold her hand, even hug her. She hadn't even said 'I love you' to him yet.

She was crying, but things weren't going to hit her for a few days when she actually realized and comprehended what was really going on. Charlie sighed, standing up and looked at his crying girlfriend, feeling bad. He began to laugh quietly and she furrowed her brows, looking at him. That made her mad as well, he was laughing at the situation now.

"Tessa," He spoke, lowering to meet her and she scooted away from him. He turned his neck, licking his fingers and rubbed at his neck. The purple spots were slowly disappearing and she sniffled, sitting up to approach him. She was curious and licked her hand. She rubbed at his neck roughly, seeing it for herself.

"They're fake?" She questioned. "But how?"

"It's makeup." He told her. "It's just a prank."

"But it's so real." She wiped her face.

"It's meant to be." He laughed, he looked at her. "The guys and I wanted to mess with you guys."

"Wait, you guys did this to Julie and Connie, too?"

"Yeah, but you noticed first, I guess." He shrugged. "I would never do such a thing to hurt you...Ya gotta be honest, it was funny."

"No," She tried not to laugh. "It was not."

He pulled her up and wrapped his arms around her and she hugged him back. She felt better about things, but now she felt bad for slapping and shoving him. He knew it was part of the prank and he expected that from her. "I was ready to break up with you."

"I know." He nods, rubbing her back. "But I love you too much to see that."

He was not waiting for an 'I love you' back from her, but he did get one and it made the moment even more memorable and the prank even worse. "I love you too." She spoke, still trying process everything that had happened.