Charlie Conway

Tessa hadn't seen her boyfriend all weekend, too busy hanging with the girls from the hockey team. She was at Connie's house with her and Julie, the three doing a girls' weekends full of laughs, movies, video games, makeup trials, and fun. There was lots of talking, considering the three of them each had a boyfriend and they were all in different stages of their relationships. Tessa Vegas did not play hockey and nor was she a fan of the sport, but she watched and cheered her boyfriend on to show him her support, just like he supported her playing basketball.

It was mid day at lunch, Charlie and the guys had hung around together all weekend at the dorms doing what ever. Tessa hadn't taken the best look at Charlie and he was busy with the boys to talk to her. She arrived at the table, taking her seat where she usually sat. When she first started sitting at the table, she sat only beside Charlie, but as time went by and she got to know the team, she began to sit with the girls and a few of the boys at the other end of the table.

The boys had a been goofing around, trying not to laugh since they'd done some things that weekend and were hoping it would rub off on their girls. "Hey Tessa!" Some of them greeted.

She gave them all a smile. "Hey." She took her seat. Being the jock she was, she didn't dress in skirts and dresses, she preferred jeans, sweats, shorts, shirts, and hoodies with sandals or runners. She dressed up if she needed to, but school wasn't a place she felt the need to impress anyone. She already impressed many people, more than her boyfriend, more than his team and her team, a lot of people. "I was thinking next weekend we could go to my place." She spoke to the girls.

"Cool, sounds fun." Averman agreed. She scrunched up her face to look at the redhead.

"She wasn't asking you." Connie spoke, shaking her head and Julie laughed.

"Well, she didn't say 'hey Connie, hey Julie, let's hang at my place', now did she?" He retorted, chugging down some of his chocolate milk.

"Anyway," Tessa continued, turning to the girls, but Connie was looking at Guy and the guys. Her eyes narrowed on Charlie, noticing something different about him. She wondered if Tessa had seen what she saw, but she assumed not if the girl was so chill at the moment. "...was this game the other day. I got fouled out for too many fouls."

"Such a princess." Averman smiled a cocky grin.

"Shut up."

Connie leaned over, Julie doing the same, wanting to hear. Connie nods for Tessa to lean in and she does. "Look at Charlie." She spoke, the three looking over at the boys. Tessa didn't know why she was looking at, there didn't seem to be anything wrong. Not until Charlie shuffled around in his seat, leaning across the table to hit Adam shoulder's as they all goofed around. She grew mad easily, she was in shock and she was wanting to cry.

"What is it?" Julie asked.

"Don't even bother. I got this." Tessa spoke, pushing her chair out. From across the distance, Fulton watched the girl get up from her seat. He didn't say anything as they continued to talk. The rest of their table had stopped doing what they were doing. Tessa approached the boys and tapped Charlie, he looked over to her to see what she wanted. "How dare you!" She grew mad, slapping him across the face. "We're done. Don't talk to me." She shook her head, tears clearly visible.

All the boys had wide eyes, sitting back in their seats with pursed lips. Connie and Julie got up, walking out after Tessa to see if she was okay. They were in disgust with what had happened and they felt bad for their friend. She poured all her trust into a boy she met after he saved her from another boy.  She'd left her old boyfriend because he was douche and constantly made her question herself. They had dated for a few months before he cheated on Tessa with another girl.

The boy with layered curly hair looked back to his boys. "I didn't think she would react like that."

"I could've told you that." Guy laughed.

"Me too." Adam nods.

"I told you doing that wasn't a good idea, Charlie." Fulton spoke up.

"Tessa!" Julie hollered down the hallway. Tessa had gone to the washroom, she was standing in front of the mirror, sobbing her eyes out over a boy she thought she could trust, but apparently, she was wrong. 

The girls entered the washroom, each of them looking for the girl before they approached her. Tessa was a crying mess, her light makeup ran and she used her hoodie to wipe her tears and makeup, the hoodie becoming stained. "Hey, it's all right." Connie patted her shoulder.

"It's not." She cried, looking at them. "I trusted him and he-he just threw it away." She cried, her breathing hitched as she lost control of herself. She didn't want to do anything but sob and remain mad.

Meanwhile, the boys were cleaning up the table from lunch, even the girls' trays. "I can't believe it actually worked." Luis shook his head. 

"Me neither. I feel bad." Charlie spoke up.

"I would too, you know that girl's been heartbroken before." Guy added.

"And possibly a second time, too."

Charlie pulled the collar of his jacket up, hiding his bare neck from everyone else as they left, heading to class now. A mark remained on his face from where Tessa had slapped him. She meant to hit him that hard, she would've hit him harder if she could, but she was already too upset and ashamed.

Tessa hadn't shown up to class and nor did Connie or Julie, the two of them staying with Tessa to keep her company during the rough time. When the teacher asked where three of his students were, Fulton answered with they'd gotten food poisoning from the tuna sandwiches. The teacher believed them and no one had seen the girls for the rest of the day, no one had seen or heard of them.

What the girls didn't know is that everything was a prank. The boys had a weekend to themselves to do whatever they wanted and what they came up with was a terrible idea that they wanted to test out on their girls. Obviously it worked for Charlie's case, the others girls hadn't looked at their boyfriends too closely. The boys had a perfect story line to tell the girls, they had a lie made up about it all and they weren't going to give in so easily to the girls, not yet, at least.