Charlie Conway

As school finished, you held a hand to your forehead, tired of the day's drama. You weren't feeling best, your stomach had been hurting since one o'clock and you knew you couldn't possibly bring yourself to get ready and play some hockey that evening. You figured it was something you ate lunch that wasn't sitting well because there wasn't any other explanation for your stomach pain and feeling of purging. 

Everyone else had gone to practice and Coach Orion did question your disappearance on the ice, which the players had no explanation for. You hadn't told anyone, you simply told them during classes that you weren't feeling yourself, simple as that. It wasn't the first time you missed out on a practice, last year during freshmen year, you'd missed a practice when because the day before you were playing street hockey and had gotten a puck to the face. Your mother not wanting you to play hockey for a few days.

You headed to your dorm. You had your own to dorm completely to yourself, perks of having your father on the council. Your mother was a lawyer, she liked her job and she liked he keeping the bad guys in jail and the good people on the streets. Shutting the door to your dorm, you dropped your schoolbag onto the ground near the door. You headed for the other side of the room, opening the window a crack and then pulled the blind shut, leaving those a crack open as well.

With a headache starting up, you sighed and entered the small washroom, running the hot water and rummaged through the drawers and cabinets for a cloth. Once you found one, you soaked in hot water and then went to your bed. Lying down in the double bed, you left the blankets at the foot of your bed and set the hot cloth on your forehead, wanting to relax.

Closing your eyes, you listened to the sound of your TV playing lowly. Your room was decorated beautifully. It was a room meant for three people, but only one was living there and the room had been remodeled a few years back to fit for a single person dorm. The closet was rather big and a bathroom had been put in. You had a desk and two dressers, your double bed stuck out from the wall, a bedside table on either side of your bed. You had a smaller two person couch by the window, facing the TV and a nice little chair on the other side of your bed, simply for the use of sitting down to put shoes on or throw clothes onto it.

About an hour and a half later, you were asleep in your bed. Charlie had come to your dorm to see where you were and luckily, he came to the right spot. Knocking on the door, he didn't hear anything, some light sounds which sounded like whispers, so, using the key you'd given him, he unlocked the door. Entering the room, he was quiet as she shut the door, calling your name softly. "Y/N?"

He looked to see you in your bed, blankets itching off the side of the bed as he lied on your side, the cloth half off your forehead and you were a sweaty mess, stuck in a dream. A bucket was beside your bed in case you threw up and three bottles of water filled to different lengths was on the table. "Y/N?" He called. "Hey," He shook you lightly took his seat on the edge of your bed. 

You woke slowly, your eyes fluttering open to meet him. You smiled weakly and turned onto your stomach, stretching your arm under your pillow and your other arm came to your side, your hand reaching for your stomach to apply pressure in hopes to rid some pain. "Y/N, what's wrong? You not feeling well?"

You shook your head, your answer coming out as muffles. "No."

"Is it your stomach? Your head?" He asked. "Is it that time of the month or something?"

You sat up slightly and perched yourself up, looking over to him. "No, it's one of those days. You know, where you just happen to feel sick." You answered.

He nods. "I see...Well, can I get you something? Anything?"

You nod. "Can you run the water in the bathroom and soak this cloth in boiling hot water?" You asked and he nods. "Then lie with me?"

"Sure." He smiled, leaning forward and kissed your forehead and you kissed his cheek back. You weren't sure if you were sick with one of those flues that lasted twenty-four hours or if this was one of those few hour sicknesses. Charlie did as you asked and came back.

He came to other side of your bed, kicking his shoes off and pulled his hoodie off as the room was a little hot. As he sat down, he gave you the cloth and you took it gently, placing it onto your forehead. When Charlie was settled, leaning against the headboard of your bed, he lifted his arm as you scooted closer to him, resting your head on his shoulder and entangled your legs. Bringing your arm to his chest, you sort of hugged him loosely, glad he was there.

"So, am I gonna get sick now?" He asked out of curiosity. "And will you take care of me?"

"No and always." You answered both questions, closing your eyes as your free hand drew circles on his chest.

Charlie's arm that lied around you loosely came across your body and his hand rested on your waist. He sunk down slightly, growing comfortable since he had a feeling you'd both be there for a little while that night. You loved Charlie, everything about him was perfect, to you at least. Of course, freshmen year was a little messy and you both went through many ups and downs, but it's what had brought you closer to one another. 

"I love you, Y/N." He told you and placed a kiss to your cheek, pulling you closer to him and rubbed your side.

"I love you too, Charlie." You sighed dreamily, relaxing into his side as the hot cloth slowly became warm and you fell asleep by his side as he flipped through channels.