Fulton Reed

Rick Riley wasn't the nicest of guys, but he could be if he tried. The boy never really accepted any of the Ducks, except for the kind hearted, fun loving, and beautiful, Kathy Conway. Katherine played hockey, much like the rest of the Ducks, but her heart was falling out of love with the game after four and a half years. She thought maybe she would enjoy hockey a lot more if she would've started at an earlier age rather than ten years old.

The Ducks were all over the place with the back and forth pranks going on between them and Varsity. Kathy always insisted that they stop with the pranks and talk, but no one agreed with her and she eventually joined in too, however, Rick spared more time for Kathy than any of the other Ducks.

For starters, he disliked Charlie Conway, and the best way to get at him was to get to his sister directly. Secondly, she was easy to please and convince. A sweet girl couldn't say 'no' and he knew he could use her to his advantage. Varsity had already won, thinking the entire revoked scholarships would win, but little did they know that Bombay was coming back. 

As classes were finishing up for the day, Rick had caught up to Kathy before she'd gone to practice with her teammates. She was alone in the hall by her locker, emptying her things before leaving. Rick approached with a smile, leaning against the locker doors, looking over to her. She didn't look at him until she could feel him playing with the locks of her hair. 

"Rick," She began, stepping away, his hand falling from her hair. "I'm not supposed to be hanging around with you."

"Why not? Thought we were a good match?" He asked her.

"Um, no, we're not. I-I have to go."

She turned, going to leave, but his arm grasped her wrist, preventing her from leaving. She gazed around the hall for someone, to see if anyone was watching them, but no one liked to mess with Rick Riley, knowing who his father was. "I say when we're done speaking. Now, as I was saying, I think you and I should go to the movies tonight."

"I have practice."

"I know. I mean after. You know, ditch those little ducky friends of yours and hang with a real man."

"You're seventeen and a half, why would I want to hang out with you?" She asked him. "You're like three years older than I am."

"So?" He shrugged. "All the more for us to hang out and get to know one another." He spoke, then sighed. "Come on, Kathy, what happened to us hanging around together? You know, the library? Class projects? Gym class." He nods.

"That was before I knew who you really were. Now let me go." She yanked her arm away from him. 

From a distance, people were watching closely. The boy knew Kathy spoke to Rick often and enjoyed her conversations. As nice as she was, she could sometimes have a mean side to her when people got on her nerve. He knew Rick was getting on her nerve, so he figured he would go over and help her out. "I suggest you leave her alone." Fulton spoke up, approaching the two with hands in the pockets of his jeans. Kathy turned to see who it was and smiled inside. "She's got a practice to be at and we're late." 

"And what're you gonna do, Bash Bro?" He asked. "You're all alone."

"Nothing." Kathy shot. "He's not doing anything." She eyed Fulton for him to stay put. "We have to go." She turned and left Rick Riley, walking away. 

Once they got further down the hall, she shook her head. Fulton didn't have anything to say to her about the situation because they both had different opinions about it. Kathy was trying to be nice to everyone and Fulton didn't want her hanging around Rick. Charlie didn't even know because he was too hooked up on having Coach Orion like him and have things go his way.

"I hate to say it, but you need to stop hanging around him. He's no good." Fulton spoke up, turning down the hall and she followed.

"I know, but he comes to me. It's mean to reject someone when they only want to talk."

"He doesn't want to talk, Kathy, he wants in your pants."

She scoffed disgustedly, hating that. Lots of people wanted that and she was fourteen and a half years, how could people think of only that at their age? She found it hard to believe, she was almost fifteen years of age. "Let's go." She sighed, heading for their practice. 

"I'm not saying anything of this just because, I'm looking out for you."

"I know." She nods. "That's why we're best friends." She smiled, tapping his shoulder before running down the hallway to beat him to the locker room, but she lost when he caught up and passed her.