Random Three

***Karsyn is an undercover teen working for her parents' company trying to make sure there aren't any illegal things going on at the school. She's investigating the sports' teams for steroids and drugs.(An odd topic, yes, but it works?...)***

Sitting on the bench in the locker room, Karsyn breathed in deeply as she relaxed herself. She knew she'd do well and that what ever happens would be complete misunderstandings or complete achievement. Karsyn knew what to do and what not to do, she was hoping her brain would remember all the training she's learnt over the past few weeks.

Kids around the locker room talked, laughter was loud, the noise of tape being torn and applied to gear sounded familiar. The talk of smack of their Coach was no longer unnatural, but common to speak about, since most of the players disliked Coach Orion. The players talked about different positions they were playing that weren't their actual positions and as Karsyn gazed around, she noticed a few people that she had seen in some of her classes today, especially Luis.

The locker door busted open and a middle aged man, in his early thirties, had walked down the aisle. The players becoming quiet as his footsteps and heavy breaths were the only understood noises everyone had heard. Karsyn scrunched up her face and continued getting dressed because she didn't know why the other players weren't so keen with the Coach.

The male person left the locker room and the noise came back. Standing up in full gear, the locker room was half empty now, and Karsyn grabbed her stick and headed out to the ice. Skating around, as some players simply stood around and others warmed up, she was called upon by Coach Orion. "All right, gather around Warriors." Coach Orion spoke.

The Ducks gathered together, whispering to one another as they approached center ice where Orion and the new player stood. "This is Karsyn Baynes and she's the newest member of our hockey team. I hope to see you guys accept her as one of you and help her out if she needs anything."

"Wait, if she's new, why didn't she show up yesterday?" Greg Goldberg, backup goalie, had questioned his coach.

Orion brought his arms to his chest, his skates planted. "Some transfers come late. Any other questions for Karsyn?"

"Are you single?" Someone spoke within the crowd. Karsyn was flattered and a small smiled appeared, but she kept her face monotone, keeping her posture tight.

"Any other questions than that, Averman."

"Oh, then no." The boy named Averman spoke.

In the middle of the crowd, one particular person had caught Karsyn's attention. The boy with brown layered hair, who seemed to be one of the tallest, who stood at the back of the group, kicking his skate back and forth as if he didn't care for a new teammate. Karsyn then knew that something was odd about that boy and she wanted to know more, she had to find out more. What if he knew something about this school or even the team, that could be beneficial to her work?

Karsyn made a mental tab about that boy and knew she needed to talk to him after the practice, but first, she also needed to gain his trust and get to know him first, like she does with everyone other person she encounters. In order to reveal information, the person must trust Karsyn beforehand, and she intends to set a perfect friendship between all the of the kids on her hockey team before asking anything related with her assignment.

"Nothing?" Coach Orion questioned, the players shook their heads. "All right, laps now. No slacking... Am I clear, Goldberg?"

"Me?" The boy asked, baffled that he was even brought up.

Orion nodded and stood at center as the rest of the players skated off and started their laps.

As Karsyn was doing her laps, passing by most of the players, she was called upon by a female voice and she slowed down by the boards. Looking back, she wondered who was calling her. She had only seen two girls and also pondered why this wasn't an all girls' team. She knew that boys played a different level of hockey than girls, and it was primarily like that for the majority of the sports.

"Hey Karsyn!" The girl with long brown hair smiled with a wave. She approached Karsyn and they skated at the same speed around the ice, not too slow, but not extremely fast either. "I'm Connie Moreau, it's so nice to have another girl on the team."

Karsyn nodded. "Um, yeah, it's cool." She replied, still nervous about everything. It was the first time she was ever nervous about an assignment before, mainly because this assignment was high school, an enormous task to beat. "I've never been on a boys or mixed team before." She spoke, somewhat telling the truth.

"Yeah, sometimes the boys can be annoying, like Goldberg and Averman. They like joking around."

"Averman, he's the redhead?"

Connie nodded as they began to turn the corner of the rink, and then a second. "Yes...Anyways, you on scholarship as well?"

Karsyn about stopped, not knowing what to say. She wasn't there on scholarship, and nor was she there on a free ride, she was there for a job. "No, I simply made the team. Why, are you here on scholarship?"

She nods, again. Karsyn made another mental note, this time it was about Connie Moreau and not the other boy. Which reminded her. "Um, who's that boy?" She asked, pointing.

Connie smirked. "That's Charlie. He was our captain, until Coach Orion took that away from him. Today's our second practice and no one likes Coach, I actually don't mind him."

"What so bad about Coach Orion?"

Connie shrugged, about to speak when Coach Orion spoke up. "Let's go ladies, enough with the chit chat!"

Karsyn adjusted her mental note, changing the name to 'CHARLIE' instead of 'BOY WITH BROWN HAIR', which cracked her up. The more Connie spoke to her, the more she was intrigued, and the more her job was slowly being put into place. At this rate, she could be out of there in no time.

After laps, Karsyn stood in a line with her fellow teammates, getting ready to shoot on one of the two goalies, the female. Julie Gaffney is her name, and Karsyn made a note of her too, though she looked all too sweet and harmless. Karsyn skated forward, the next one in line to shoot.

The tall broad shouldered boy with shoulder length brown hair and a deep voice had shot, scoring. Karsyn took in a deep breath knowing the entire team was now watching her as it was her turn. She desperately wanted the puck to enter the net. She noticed how extremly and insanely talented this female goaltender is. Most shots from other players didn't enter the net, and although they didn't and Karsyn knew it wouldn't be a big deal, she wanted to impress these players.

She pulled forward, skating faster and faster by the moment. She knew if she crashed into the boards it wouldn't be her first time and nor would she be poor, because Luis had done it several times already. She realized some of these players had some weaknesses, and she noted them down, but didn't need to. Karsyn approached the net, passing the puck between herself several times. She took a powerful shot, as her trainer had mentioned many times, and watched.

Rounding the net, she retrieved her puck the goaltender had sent out. "Nice Job, Karsyn." The goaltender was all too nice and Karsyn liked her already.