Charlie Conway

*warning for underage drinking*

You'd called your boyfriend's house for the second time and there still hadn't been an answer, the line was completely dead. As another ten minutes went by and he didn't call you back, let alone left a message or bothered to email you, you began to worry. Worrying for a seventeen year old guy wasn't on your daily bucket list as you were always aware of the things the boy was doing. If he wasn't playing hockey, he was with his friends or you, he was usually with someone.

However, time drained excessively slow that afternoon and you tapped her fingernails on the desk in your room. It was bothering you the fact of the unknown where he could be or who he was with, maybe he wasn't even at the dorms, you thought. Worry became a fear as you hadn't heard from him the day before either, he had gone silent. Not even his friends knew where he was and you'd asked Adam, his roommate, but he too had not seen Charlie since lunch the day before. 

The night had been quite long because you loved him too much to not worry for his sake. It was tiring as you waited and did some homework, but nothing seemed to help because the boy who always found it in his heart to make you smile, had disappeared. You were tired, it showed with the darkened bags below your eyes and slouch in your walk, or the low patience you held.

Inhaling deeply, you gulped your emotions and pulled your hair behind your shoulders as you found a zippered sweater. Sleeves were a little long on your shorter arms but you didn't mind for the ultimate comfort it brought you. The too big sweat pants created for a very lazy and casual look, which your mother would complain about looking trashy when you owned nicer clothing. You didn't care for her opinion because the way you dressed didn't affect her, unless it was a gathering with her friends, but even then you wouldn't show nor care.

Grabbing the car keys from beside your bedside table, you jogged out of the house and ran for your car, prying the door open and jumped in hurriedly. Music began to play lowly from the radio as you backed the car out of the long driveway on a slant, facing upward. The massive house you lived in was a mansion for some people, but to you it was just a home you were thankful for. 

With a huff, you drove one handedly down the less busy streets to merge with the heavier flow of city traffic. Living halfway across the city in a different suburb than your boyfriend tended to be annoying from the constant traffic. It didn't matter which route you took to get there, it eventually was all going to be long and impatient. 

After a twenty minute drive, you finally arrived to the older apartments where he lived with his over working mother. You were aware he had no father and that his closest father figure was his former hockey coach, Gordon Bombay. It did upset you that he didn't have a man in his life to help him out, but you were ever so happy he found something in you to hold onto. His mother wasn't always home since she worked two jobs to pay for the bills and Charlie offered to help, but the poor woman refused to make her son work when she was the provider.

The guy she'd been dating for over a year had suddenly up and left without much reason, which made both the Conways rather upset. When it happened, you were there for both people and offered your help to make things a little easier. 

Charlie loved you for your sweet compassion for every other person and the fact you put them before yourself. He wished you spent more time on yourself to have and freedom, which he also meant by less studying because you only lived once.

The apartments had a weird smell as he held your car keys, walking up the old steps where vinyl was peeling at the base. Cringing, you continued anyhow to the door you knew all too well and knocked. Waiting, no one answered and the apartment sounded quiet as you set your ear to the old brown door. Not a peep could be heard and you furrowed your brows, wondering if he was even at the house or not.