Cha̴̖̥̔pter̷ Twenty-Nine

⚠️⚠️This part contains a few mild descriptions of the murders mentioned in previous parts. Please be safe. ⚠️⚠️

Jeongin didn't really have much hope.

Seonghwa looked at Jongho. "The prosecution calls Han Jisung to the stand."

Jisung stood up and slowly walked up to the witness stand. The Clerk stood up once again, repeating the same words to swear him in. "Please stand and raise your right hand. Do you promise to only speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

Jisung looked straight at Jeongin. "I do."

"Please state your full name for the record."

"Han Jisung."

"Thank you, you may be seated."

Jisung sat down, still looking straight at Jeongin. The expression on Jisung's face started to get a bit sinister, making Jeongin sink back in his seat.

Jisung didn't look away until Seonghwa started speaking, his sinister expression erased so fast that it seemed it didn't even exist. "So, Jisung, what is your relationship with the defendant?"

"Uh, it's the same as Felix's. We go to the same school."

"Did you see the defendant on the day of the murder of Kim Seungmin?"

Jisung nodded. "Yes. I have."

"Can you explain when and where you saw him?"

"I was with Felix when I saw him. We were walking in the hallways during lunch period and we witnessed him enter one of the classrooms."

"Now which classroom was it?"

"It was the science classroom on the first floor."

"Alright, now moving onto the day of the murder of Bang Chan. Can you verify what Felix said?"

Jisung gave a firm nod. "Yes. Everything he said was true."

No, it wasn't.

"Alright, thank you. I have no more questions."

Jongho looked at Yunho. "Does the defense have any questions?"

Yunho shook his head. "Not at the moment, your honor."

"Thank you. The witness is excused and the prosecution may call up their next witness."

Jisung returned to his seat as Seonghwa spoke up. "The prosecution calls the head investigator to the stand."

Jeongin watched as a person he didn't recognize go up to the stand. The clerk stood and swore the person in like the others before the investigator sat at the witness stand.

"Please state your full name for the record."

"Kang Yeosang."

"Thank you, you may take a seat."

Seonghwa began to pace as he started his questioning. "So, Yeosang. Where do you work and what is your occupation?"

Yeosang clasped his hands together, his tone very professional. "I work at 

0̸̲͎̘̈͆͗͆̽͋̆̏͝ͅ1̸̡͇͎̦̞̝̖̗̥͂́͒͋̓̈́͒̎͌̓ͅ1̴̤͖̭͇͙̊̈́̈́̽̑͘̚̕0̴̙͉͙̙̻̍̊̕ͅ1̵͎̃̍̆̓́0̶̧͈̺͋͋̈0̴̨̨̺̯̦̦̣͕͔͛͗́̇͋̏̉͆̓0̶̤͕̤͇̀̌͗͌͑̊̿͜ͅ ̸̳͚̽̃́0̷̨̧̧̙̲̘͕͇̱̠̙͂̐̊̒̑̆1̷̢̼̮̦͔̯̬̘̭͓͛͛̈́̓1̷̧̫͓̣̰̹͙̩̏͜͜0̸͖̮̟͎͛͠0̸̡̟̟͇͓̗̥̪̦̇́́̚1̵̨̹̠̹̭̏̊̔́0̵̻̺̥̪̪̯̦̔̌̂͜1̷̣͆́̅͌́̂ ̵̭͔̹͕̠͈̺͖͎́̀̃0̶̱̪̜̭̪̙̟͚̀̈́̿̄̎͝1̴̨̹̱̙̺̞̱̯̟̅͋̓̅̚̚͝1̵̨̖̩̰̥̳͓̳̎͌͘͜0̷̡͎͔͔̰̜̣͍́̌̐͗̊̀͜͝1̸̡̢̻͍͎̦̲̠̟͕̃͂̈́͒̌1̶̢͍̩͚̖̰̘͎̹̗̈́̈́ͅ0̴̢̙̬̐̉̀̐0̴̡̢͙͠ ̵̡͎̗̱͍̯̼̎̋́͋̋̎̀̉͜͝0̵̨̜͙̻͓͍͇͜͝1̶̥̃̒̈́̈́͐̒̉̓̎͝1̶̲̟̖̬̺̖̜̎̀̚0̶̧̱̦̈̾͂͐͆́̔̄͘̚͜ͅ1̴͈̮͔͍̫̹̰̤͕̮́̈́͑̍̊̾̈́͜1̶̢̥̼̣̫̼̭̬̏̎͒͌̆̑̐ͅ0̸̢̲͙͎̥͈̹̣̭͕͂̀͐͘ͅ0̵̢̧̱̣̞̋̎͒̽̈́͘͜͝