Chapter Fifteen

"Sure."

Hyunjin opened up his backpack, pulling out his laptop. "So, I was kind of thinking that maybe we could do some form of that one snake game, you know the one where you have to collect those dots on the grid and every time you get one the snake gets longer? I think that would be cool, and we could add a few twists to it to make it more original."

Jeongin nodded. That snake game, although simple, was quite a fun time passer. He knew how the game worked at face value, so it would be slightly easier considering he knew barely anything about Python.

Hyunjin opened up Jupyter and Anaconda on his laptop, opening up to a new notebook on Jupyter. "First, actually, we should probably download some sort of emulator and a version of the snake game so we can look at the source code. That way it might be easier to understand."

Jeongin raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that technically cheating?"

Hyunjin shook his head and chuckled. "Not really. As long as we don't directly copy it, it should be fine. It's like the equivalent of looking at SparkNotes for a book when writing an essay about it. Inspiration."

Jeongin nodded, watching as Hyunjin searched up what they needed on the internet and downloading it. Hyunjin clicked his tongue. "Ten minutes? The game is less than a gigabyte of storage how the fu- Why does it take so long?"

Jeongin chuckled. "You probably have a really dumb computer."

Hyunjin sighed. "Yeah."

The two fell into a silence, but it wasn't exactly awkward or comfortable.

It was just a normal silence.

After about a minute, Hyunjin spoke up, clearly trying to break the strange silence. "So, uh... how are you doing? How is your life going?"

Jeongin drummed his fingers on the floor. "Um, it's going good..."

That was kind of a lie.

After Seungmin's death, Jeongin has been trying to hang onto his sanity.

And that was a legitimate claim.

Jeongin sighed. "Actually, not really."

Hyunjin looked at Jeongin, concerned etched on his face. "Why? I mean you don't have to tell me anything, we literally barely know each other, but... you can talk to me if you want to."

Jeongin didn't know why, but he felt compelled to tell Hyunjin what was on his mind. "Well you know about the murder of Kim Seungmin, right?"

Hyunjin's eyes widened slightly. "Uh, yeah. Everyone in the school knows about it."

Jeongin gulped, his volume starting to diminuendo. "Well... he was... I guess he was technically my best friend... and I think... I mean I know who did it to him."

Hyunjin's eyes widened. "You do? Who? Why haven't you told the police?"

Jeongin shook his head. "They threatened to kill me if I told the police."

"I... I think you should still tell them. They are such high authority figures and you can always go into victim protection."

Jeongin shrugged. "I don't know. I've thought about it, but I feel like s̵̨̢̨̧̜͉̞̦̰̯̪̲̼͔͊̿͑̂͊̐͗̀͊̐ͅô̶̡͓̳̼̱͍̠͙̜̯̜̥̰̌̐̒̓̿̈́̈͑̌͠͝m̶̢̛̯̼̤̰͉̮͔̖̗͛̆͗͐̿ę̴̲̗̖͕͇̞̹̭͓̩̖̜͔̝̑̐̐̈́ṯ̵̢̢͕̞̬͈͙̉̑͛͜h̶̡̧̛̦̖̯̩͓̞̻̼̘̣͓̯͔̉͋͘̕ͅi̵̧͓̩͙̲͉͇̹̇̽̌͊̆̓̆̋͑̇͜n̷̬̟͛͌̎̀̚͠ģ̸̂ ̷̡̞̜̮͔̬͒̀i̵̫̼̭̳͚̲̩͒̎͛̃̽̅̚͠ş̷̨̛̛̗͈̪̫̻̭̣̐̍̋͊̿͐̋̎͊̽̕͜͝ ̷̢͕̖̲̠̆̒́̽̄͂͛̐̾̈́g̵̢̧̛̛̞̭̮̟̻̘̟̟͎̲͂̐̑͂̃̏͊̊̾͋̿͝ͅơ̸̝̩͍̭͚̙̼͚̦̱͔̱̆̉̄̽͘į̴̹̦̘͍̳̤̣̼͇͈̼̟͒̍̿̒n̸̨̡̯͈̰̯͈̻̘̙̣͇̿͂̔́̒͊͊́͆͌́̕͘͝g̶̰̈́̒ ̶̞̀̒͗̇͆͂͂͂̊̈́̂̀͗̕̚ẗ̸͈͔̹̦̲͇̲̮͈͓̜͔͍̦̋̅̋̽̎̓͗̕̚ͅö̴̥̪̼͇̳̳͉̝͗̐̆̒́͊̾̈́͊͐̾͝ ̵̨̩̼̠̺̣̠̳̱͎͓̬̣̞̙͛̈́̈́̄̑̐̓̿̐̔͝ḣ̵̯̗̞̗̟̭̈́͗ä̴̛̬͎̥̹́̑̉̉̑̓̉p̴̣͇̘̗͓͛̈́̌͋p̸̳̜͚͔͚͇̱̮͎͔̣̤͂͗̆̏͋̐̇͂͘͝ͅę̵̛̦́̔̏̄̋͜͝n̴̢͙͍̲͉̘̭͐̓̅̃́̑̿͘̚̚͠ if I do."

Hyunjin stared at his laptop. "Use your best judgment. Even if you already thought about it, maybe you should think about it again."

Jeongin nodded. "Alright. Thank you."

"No problem."

The pair were silent for a few seconds before a few knocks came from the door. Hyunjin looked up to the door. "Come in!"

Changbin's head peeked into the room. "Hey. Can I just stay here and hang out? I'm bored and I don't want to be lonely. I promise I won't disturb you while you two work on your project."

Hyunjin nodded, a smile on his face. "Of course."

Changbin walked fully into the room, Jeongin noticing that he was holding a Nintendo Switch. Changbin walked over to Hyunjin's bed, laying down and turning on the system.

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow. "What are you playing?"

Changbin chuckled.

Hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed for a few seconds before his eyes widened. "Wait, are you playing Pokemon? Without me?"

"Yeah."

Hyunjin looked lowkey pissed, with a touch of humor. "I thought we promised that we'll go through the story together. Rude."

Changbin laughed. "I'm just kidding. I'm playing Tetris 99, of course I'm not going to play Pokemon without you."

"Good, you better not explore Galar without me."

Jeongin couldn't help but laugh, the previous dark mood being replaced with something more humorous. Hyunjin and Changbin seemed very close, at face value you couldn't tell at all that they were of different social classes.

That's true friendship right there.

Hyunjin looked back to his laptop as it dinged. "Oh, the files finally downloaded after literal ages. Ready to get started?"

Jeongin turned his attention back to the laptop, readying himself to at least try and understand what was happening. "Yep."

A/N um i just wanted to quickly mention that seungmins murder is NOT the most disturbing part of this book and is for sure not the last and i will apologize in advance for whats going to happen. i am so sorry

also quick note if you didn't understand (correct me if im wrong, my dad made me learn these without my consent so i literally dont recall if this is correct or not lmao): Python is a coding language and Anaconda and Jupyter are forms of it

you better diddly darn drink that water because you better diddly darn stay hydrated.

unedited