Chapter Seven

Why the hell was this so confusing?

---

"Hey, hyung."

Jeongin slid into the seat in front of Seungmin at lunch, immediately setting his head on the table.

Seungmin looked up from the book that he has been reading, smiling as soon as he saw Jeongin. "Oh! Hey, Jeongin. How's your day going so far?"

Seungmin was essentially the only thing that seemed normal compared to the two realities he's been living. Even though it's only been the second day, Jeongin feels extremely safe with Seungmin.

Seungmin was like the only link that he had between the two.

If Seungmin wasn't there, Jeongin would probably lose his sanity.

Jeongin looked up, resting his chin on his hands. "Okay, I guess. I literally don't understand anything. I'm considering changing my classes, but... I'm kind of hesitating to."

Seungmin set his book down. "Hesitating? Why?"

Jeongin thought for a moment before shrugging. "I'm not sure. I could change them all to the way it was for me, but... what if the Jeongin in this reality comes back and... okay, I honestly sound insane at this moment. I'm stupid. This is just... just don't listen to me."

Seungmin chuckled. "No, no. I get what you're saying."

Jeongin sighed, tapping his fingers on the table. "I actually wanted to ask... what was... what was I, er the Jeongin you knew in this reality, like before yesterday? Do I act the same as before?"

Seungmin thought for a moment. "Kind of. You act sort of similar, but different. If you acted pretty much the same, I probably wouldn't believe this whole thing, to be honest."

Jeongin raised his eyebrows. "Really? What was I like?"

"Hmm. You were kind of... kind of nerdy(?) It's really interesting. You were quite happy all the time and you were always very diligent. You had a lot of positivity, and that positivity easily spread to others. It was like... when you walked into the room, the sun started shining..."

Seungmin smiled. "...It was quite nice. Whenever any of your friends felt down, you always motivated and encouraged them. You were so sweet. You also studied quite a lot, you were always so set on being an engineer. It was quite admirable honestly, you were so motivated to be something so big." 

Jeongin looked at Seungmin, noticing the certain fondness that Seungmin was speaking in. You literally could tell that Seungmin did love this reality's Jeongin at one point.

Seungmin continued. "On the other hand, you right now seem so... uneasy(?) I can clearly tell that something is so wrong. It's like someone blew out all of the candles in the room. You act quite differently, but I can still tell it's you... does that make any sense?"

Jeongin slowly nodded. "Kind of(?)"

Seungmin huffed. "I don't know. Usually, you can differentiate between people based off of personality or behavior or... just anything. You both act differently, but... I can still tell that it's you, Jeongin. Even if you didn't look the same, I can still tell it's you. It's... quite strange."

Jeongin sat back. "Interesting. That is quite strange."

"Yeah, I guess."

Seungmin looked away for a moment before looking back, straight into Jeongin's eyes. "How do you think this happened?"

Jeongin's eyes widened. That's the one question he's been contemplating ever since he woke up in this strange new world and now Seungmin has directly said it. "U-uh. I really don't know. I went to sleep one day and... I woke up here."

"Oh. Do you remember what you did before you went to sleep?"

Jeongin looked at the table, tapping his fingers rhythmically. "Uh, yeah. I went to sleep with my boyfriend, Chan like usual... wait, did I?"

Jeongin thought about it. Did he go to sleep with Chan on the night before all of this?

Jeongin's mind raced as he tried to recall if he did, but as more time passed, he began to realize something.

He couldn't remember.

Jeongin looked back up at Seungmin, eyes wide. "I don't remember. The last thing I remember was... I don't know. Everything's so blurry."

Jeongin literally could not remember anything. As he tried to go back into his memories, everything seemed to be replaced with blank space.

His memories just seemed to be gone.

Non-existent.

"What the hell? Why can't I remember?"

Jeongin began to panic. "W-what... is today... what's today's date?"

Seungmin clicked his tongue. "I believe it's the third."

Jeongin's eyebrows furrowed. "The third? Is it not October anymore?"

Seungmin blinked. "It's December."

What?

How did so much time pass?

And most importantly,

Where did all of his memories go?

A/N oh dang this is getting interesting ;)

unedited