Chapter Twenty

This Minho's character was someone that Jeongin really appreciated.

---

Jeongin took Minho's words into consideration. Minho was right. He could get through this. This was just another obstacle that he had to get through.

Sure, he was of course going to mourn for the losses he experienced, but he couldn't stay in the same spot because of them.

He had to move on.

That's why he decided to plan the second meeting for their group project with Hyunjin.

Hyunjin was a bit hesitant to do so. He was well aware of Chan's murder and knew that Jeongin was quite close to him and he didn't want Jeongin to do anything if he wasn't in the right state mentally.

But Jeongin stood firm and said he wanted to do it, so Hyunjin agreed.

Jeongin was currently waiting outside of his and Minho's house for Hyunjin's fancy Ferrari to show up to pick him up.

The day was actually quite nice. The sun was still out and it was a bit cool, but you could still wear shorts and not freeze to death. A gentle breeze wafted through the area. It was quite peaceful.

Jeongin's observations got interrupted by a loud honk of a car horn, the source being none other than Hyunjin's car.

He must have not noticed it pull up.

Jeongin walked up to the car and opened up the passenger side door, getting into the car. Jeongin buckled his seatbelt. "Hey."

Hyunjin looked over, giving Jeongin a small smile. "Hey. You ready?"

"Yep."

Hyunjin took the car out of park and began to drive.

The pair was enveloped in a kind of comfortable silence for a few minutes, allowing Jeongin's thoughts to wander.

Jeongin knew that he needed to persevere through Chan's death. That was what he was thinking about doing all week, ever since he had that one talk with Minho.

But for some reason, a small voice in the back of his head was asking if that was the right thing to do.

Why was this so confusing?

Jeongin thought he knew what to do and was so firm and set on doing it, so why was he suddenly doubting himself?

Why?

"Are you okay?"

Jeongin turned to look at Hyunjin, who just spoke up. "What?"

Hyunjin tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as he came to a stop at a red light. "You just sighed really loudly and you look really... confused(?) Are you okay?"

Oh.

He must've not realized.

Jeongin shrugged. "I don't know. I have a lot of things on my mind now... I guess."

Hyunjin started accelerating the car as soon as he saw the light turn green. "Is this about all that has been happening lately? You know... with your... friends."

Jeongin contemplated for a bit whether or not to confide in Hyunjin. This Hyunjin was quite a good person from what he's seen. Maybe it would be helpful to get another opinion on the situation.

Jeongin sighed. "Yeah, it is actually."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Jeongin stared out of the window, eyes wandering over the passing scenery. "I guess. It's just... the people that did this to Chan... they're the same ones who killed Seungmin... and I don't know whether or not they would get what they deserve. They are so deceptive... I don't know how the police haven't caught on yet."

And that was one of Jeongin's genuine questions. How were Felix and Jisung such smart manipulative killers?

Hyunjin continued to stare out onto the road, but you could clearly tell he was thinking about Jeongin's question. After a few seconds, Hyunjin spoke up. "The police have to catch on eventually. A person can be a good killer, but they can never be perfect if they are still human. There has to be some evidence at the crime scene, maybe witness confessions... uh I don't know, but if they are guilty, they will have to be caught eventually."

Evidence?

Did Jeongin know if there was any evidence on the crime scene that pointed towards Felix and Jisungs direction?

How would he know?

The only thing he could remember was Chan's marred body.

Then Jeongin remembered something.

Jeongin's bloody fingerprints were on the scene.

Jeongin's eyes widened.

Oh no.

The only obvious evidence on the scene was of Jeongin being the murderer. He could get arrested.

But if he was going to get arrested, wouldn't it have happened already? The murder was over a week ago.

And if Felix and Jisung were truly guilty, Jeongin wouldn't get arrested or blamed because he was innocent, right?

Right?

A/N this chapter is really bad yikes

my acne in the past week has been really bad for some reason and i don't know why like bruh I'm drinking enough water but my face literally hurts when i touch it wtf is wrong with my goddamn skin lmao

have an awesome day!

unedited