Chapter Fourteen

Hopefully, he doesn't fail this.

---

Jeongin stood outside of the school gates, waiting for Hyunjin.

Instead of starting the project on the weekend, the two decided to just start it after school on that Friday, only because it was more convenient.

Jeongin sighed, gripping the straps of his backpack tightly.

What was taking so long?

"Hey, Jeongin. Sorry I'm so late. Are you ready to go?"

Jeongin looked up to see Hyunjin standing there, a small smile on his face. Hyunjin's backpack was slung over his right shoulder, some red-tinted aviator sunglasses placed on his face.

Jeongin raised his eyebrows. "Yeah. Let's go."

Hyunjin nodded and began walking, gesturing for Jeongin to follow him. Hyunjin walked through the parking lot, stopping next to a car.

Jeongin's eyes widened.

Hyunjin's car was a fucking Ferrari.

So fancy.

How did Hyunjin have enough money for this?

Hyunjin unlocked the car, getting in the driver's seat. Hyunjin threw his backpack into the backseat, turning to Jeongin immediately after. "Come on, get in."

Jeongin unfroze himself, walking over to the passenger's side of the car and getting in. Jeongin set his backpack on his lap, eyes wandering around the interior of the car.

The Hyunjin that he knew couldn't afford anything like this.

Hyunjin started the car, beginning the drive over to his house.

---

Jeongin was surprised when he saw that Hyunjin had a Ferrari, but boy, he was even more surprised when he saw that Hyunjin's house was a whole fucking mansion.

This was really weird.

Hyunjin got out of the car. "Come on."

Jeongin shook himself out of his trance and stepped out of the car, closing the door as it beeped. Jeongin's eyes wandered over the huge house, taking it in.

He's never seen anything so expensive.

Hyunjin began to walk towards the house, gesturing for Jeongin to follow him.

Jeongin started to walk, taking in the scenery. It was honestly quite impressive. Hyunjin parked his car outside of the large black metal gates, the gate now slightly opened so they could go in. Almost stereotypically, a large white fountain sat in front of the house, surrounded by a bunch of white stones with the occasional abalone. The house's large shadow loomed over the front yard, enveloping the whole area with shade. A couple of trees were growing across the yard, their branches waving in the subtle breeze. The trees complimented the occasional bush, the green from those plants contrasting the weedless front yard.

Impressive.

Hyunjin led Jeongin into the house, the impressiveness of the whole place not diminishing a little bit. As soon as you walk into the front door, a large staircase was immediately in view. The walls were painted a warm off-white color, contrasting the dark brown embellishments. Some natural light filtered through some of the windows, encasing the artistic scene in a natural glow.

Jeongin has never seen anything like this.

Hyunjin led Jeongin up the stairs and down a hallway. A boy was standing in the hallway, a duster in his hand as he wiped the dust off of the wooden furnishing pieces placed in the hallway. Hyunjin waved at the boy. "Hey, Changbin."

Jeongin's eyes widened slightly. Changbin was another one of the people he knew in his old reality. He was known as one of Hyunjin's friends, in as bad of a living and mental situation as Hyunjin. It was strange to see him there, he looked so much more confident and clean.

Changbin waved, a smile on his face. "Hey, Hyunjin. Who's this?"

Hyunjin stopped, fingers gripped on his backpack. "Oh, this is Jeongin. We're doing a group project together so he came over so that we can work on it."

Changbin nodded. "Oh, I see. Remember to call me if you need anything."

Hyunjin smiled. "Of course, see you."

Changbin went back to dusting.

Hyunjin led Jeongin into what he assumed was his room, Jeongin's eyes lingering on Changbin's figure in the hallway.

What was Changbin doing here?

Hyunjin seemed to know what Jeongin's question was just by looking at him. "Changbin is technically my servant, but I don't like that kind of relationship. He shouldn't be any lower than me just because of how much money we each have. I tell him to do a few things around the house, but otherwise, we are pretty much just friends."

Jeongin raised his eyebrows. He didn't expect that.

The Hyunjin he knew wasn't this... selfless or even this caring or nice. It was so strange to see him like this.

Hyunjin set his backpack down. "So, you want to start the project? I already have a few ideas."

Jeongin nodded.

"Sure."

A/N notice anything different? ;)

sorry that this is so late this was supposed to be uploaded two days ago oops. I think I might take a writing break for about a week cause I've been kinda stressed out lately and although writing helps me destress, it also takes a chunk out of my sleep time and that's not good. Don't worry, I'll be back next week. I hope you all understand :)

unedited