Chapter̶͙̆ Thir̶͙̆ty

It was time to save himself.

Yunho walked to the front of the room. "The defense calls Yang Jeongin to the stand."

Oh god.

Jeongin wiped his sweaty hands on his pants before he got up, slowly making his way towards the witness stand.

The Clerk stood up, repeating the same words as everyone else to swear him in. "Please stand and raise your right hand. Do you promise to only speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

Jeongin shakily raised his right hand. "I-I do."

"Please state your full name for the record."

"Y-Yang Jeongin."

"Thank you, you may be seated."

Jeongin sat down and took a deep breath. He was really nervous.

Yunho looked back at Jeongin and gave him a reassuring smile before turning to face the court. "To start, what is your relationship with the two victims?"

Jeongin gulped. "They were... both my friends."

"Alright, is it true that you saw Felix and Jisung in the hallway on the day of the murder of Kim Seungmin?"

"Y-yes. That is true."

Jeongin couldn't stop shaking.

"Is it also true that you entered the science classroom at that time?"

"Yes, but I only entered it because I saw F-Felix hyung and Jisung hyung exit out of it."

Jeongin immediately looked over to the two mentioned boys which were drilling holes into Jeongin with their eyes. Felix shook his head slowly as if he was disappointed.

Jeongin shuddered.

Yunho continued. "Where were you before you went into the classroom?"

Jeongin paused for a moment, thinking back to the day. "I was... I think I was looking to find where Seungmin hyung was, so I asked some of my friends in the lunchroom."

"Who did you ask?"

"I asked my friend Minho hyung and his... boyfriend, Chan."

"Okay... could you now describe what happened when you entered the classroom?"

Jeongin started to tap his fingers against his legs as a way to fidget. "O-once I entered... I saw Seungmin's body on the floor, already dead."

Yunho began to pace. "And you said that you saw Felix and Jisung exit the classroom before you entered?"

Jeongin glanced at Felix and Jisung who looked really pissed off for a second before looking back at Yunho. "Yes. Th-that is true."

"Alright, now moving on. Is it true that you took Felix and Jisung hostage on the day of the murder of Chan's death?"

Jeongin's eyes widened slightly as he shook his head, frantic. "N-no... It's the other way a-around. They t-took me hostage."

Yunho stopped. "Are you saying that Jisung and Felix are the ones that killed the two victims?"

Jeongin looked right at the mentioned boys who now looked like they were fuming. "Y-yes. I... told the police that it was them. I watched them kill Chan hyung in front of me and... on the day of Seungmin hyung's death they teased me with implications that they did something."

Jeongin looked away, Yunho continuing his questioning. "You told the police about them murdering Chan?"

Jeongin shook his head. "N-no. I told the police after the death of Seungmin hyung. They took me hostage and killed Chan hyung in front of me because... they found out I told the police."