Chapter Four

But deep down, he knew that this all had to be real. It was the only explanation.

---

Jeongin? Are you still there? Why'd you have to do this? I trusted you and you just go out and betray me like th-

Jeongin literally had to go to the office to get his schedule, because apparently, it was way different than what he thought it was.

As proven when he walked into the music room, receiving blank and confused stares from everybody.

Jeongin's "new" schedule included a coding class, as mentioned by Minho, but it also included honors calculus and metalworking. Jeongin had no idea why any form of him would sign up for this kind of stuff, he was so bad at all of it and had absolutely no interest in it.

Jeongin really didn't understand what even happened to his life. Was everything he knew before really not real? Was it really all a dream?

Jeongin still didn't want to believe it at all, but he's slowly realizing that he might have to accept this.

But it could really actually be only a dream. He could go to sleep and wake up and everything could be back to normal.

He certainly hoped so.

It was currently lunch period.

Jeongin was going to walk outside to sit somewhere alone to collect his thoughts when he saw a familiar face.

Seungmin.

Jeongin watched as Seungmin sat alone at a table, eating a sandwich while reading what seemed to be some sort of fantasy novel. The book had a large red dragon on its cover, letters spelling out its title, Farther: The First Heart.

Jeongin was about to walk up to Seungmin but stopped himself. Was Seungmin going to be different in this new reality also?

Jeongin knew Seungmin as one of his best friends back in his reality, the same as Felix and Jisung.

Was Seungmin going to be like them?

But then Jeongin remembered that Chan mentioned that the two dated but broke up, but were still on good terms.

Maybe he could take his chances and ask him.

Before being able to back out of his own decisions, Jeongin strode over to the table that Seungmin was sitting at, sitting down in front of him. Seungmin looked up from his book, a smile appearing on his face. "Oh, hey Jeongin. I thought you usually sat with Chan hyung and Minho hyung."

He did?

Well, he obviously wouldn't know that.

Jeongin chuckled nervously. "Uh, yeah, but I wanted to uh... ask you some things."

Wow, real subtle, Jeongin.

Seungmin set his book down. "Oh? What about?"

Jeongin looked away from the table, eyes wandering on all of the other people bustling in the cafeteria before looking at Seungmin. "Y-you."

Seungmin took a bite of his sandwich. "Me? Why?"

Jeongin panicked. What was he supposed to say? "Uh, I'll tell you later."

"Oh, okay. Ask away, I guess."

Jeongin thought back to what the Seungmin he knew liked to do, trying to think of what he could ask to see if they were the same. "Uh, well, do you like to sing?"

Seungmin raised his eyebrows. "Um, yeah. You've literally been to a bunch of my singing gigs. It's literally like my favorite thing to do."

Jeongin mentally blew a sigh of relief. The Seungmin he knew loved to sing a lot. That didn't change. "How about... uh... what's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Your favorite flavor of cake?"

"Um, I really like chocolate."

Jeongin tapped his fingers on the table, trying to think of more questions. "What about... what's your opinion on tomatoes?"

Seungmin cringed. "Tomatoes? Ew. Absolutely disgusting. You should know that I hate tomatoes with a burning passion."

Jeongin was pleasantly surprised. This Seungmin and his Seungmin seemed to be the same person, every answer he gave would be the same.

Jeongin had one final question. "Is it true that we dated?"

Seungmin blinked. "Yeah. You obviously should know that."

That was the only thing that seemed to be different. "Why'd we break up?"

"Well, you know. We just kind of fell out of love and we knew that we were better off as friends."

Jeongin nodded. "Oh."

Seungmin stared at Jeongin. "Now, will you tell me why you're asking all of this?"

Should he tell Seungmin everything? Would he think that he was crazy?

Jeongin sighed. Maybe he should. Seungmin seemed to be the only other person that wasn't drastically different other than Chan.

Jeongin looked at Seungmin in the eye. "Alright, but please believe me. I'm not joking."

Jeongin proceeded to explain everything to Seungmin.

By the time that he was finished, Seungmin stared at Jeongin in disbelief. "Really? Are you sure you weren't imagining things?"

Jeongin groaned. "You're just like Chan. I really truly believe it. Everything that I've seen today has never happened to me."

Seungmin looked conflicted. "I... It's kind of hard to believe but, I trust you Jeongin. If this is really how you think, then maybe you're right. You seem so set that what you know is correct and it seems you truly believe it. So... I'm going to go out on a limb and believe you."

Jeongin felt himself begin to tear up. Somebody actually believed him.

Jeongin felt like maybe he wasn't crazy after all.

A/N its 3 am i need sleep

unedited