Chap̵̨̊̐̾̑ter Th̵͔̙͍̫͆̏̓͐i̸̲͔̩̭̇̋̆̋͝rty-Two

Screeching metal echoed throughout the area, mixing with screams of terror from the disaster that just occurred.

---

Jeongin was a bit confused.

What was the dream that he just had?

He knew his last four dreams were all connected. They seemed to take place sequentially.

But why?

Usually, dreams don't continue like that, especially four times in a row.

And what was the significance of them?

He didn't understand.

It was so strange. The dreams seemed to resemble what his life was before this whole nightmare.

Maybe it was his brain trying to emulate his old life because he missed it.

But Jeongin didn't really know.

---

ẘ̵̘̈́̿̍̀ä̸̧̠̈́̏̿̈̅̈́̕̕͝͠k̵̢̢̛̗̲͇̩͚̱̦̘̬͈͈̏̑̑ͅe̸̻̻̼̥̫͉̼̼͊͗̆̇̿̒̽͌̕͝͝ ̴̡̛̻̟̹͔͍̲͇͎̯̪̹̜̇̾̊̆͊͆̆̄̓̕u̶͚̭͎̲̣̝̭̹̭̘̬̼̬͇̰͋̇͗̂̾̈́̓̽͘p̷̲̌̓̈́͊̕

"Jeongin."

Jeongin immediately jumped up from his hard mattress he was laying down on. Somebody said his name. "What? Who?"

Jeongin heard a small chuckle come from the corner of his cell.

Confused, Jeongin turned to look at the source of the laugh, eyes wide.

It was Chan.

Er, it was Chan's ghost.

After Seungmin's ghost appeared, the idea that Chan's might show up too briefly flicked across his mind because surely, if Seungmin can appear then Chan can too.

But he didn't think he actually would.

"Hyung?"

"Hi, Innie."

Jeongin felt his heart swell from hearing Chan call him by that nickname. "What are you doing here?"

"Seungmin told me that he visited you here, so I decided to see if I could too."

Jeongin sat back down on the mattress, but now facing Chan. "Oh. So... how are you?"

Chan shrugged. "As good as a dead person can be."

Jeongin felt himself get a bit sad from those words. "I'm s-sorry."

"What for?"

Jeongin sighed. "I don't know... I guess since you're not alive anymore."

Chan shook his head. "It's not your fault at all."

Jeongin laid back against the hard wall. "That's not what everyone else thinks. I'm in here because everyone thinks I killed you and Seungmin hyung."

Chan sighed. "...You don't deserve this. I know it wasn't you."

"But nobody knows that and... yesterday the court found me guilty. I'm probably going to get locked up for the rest of my life."

Chan stood up and sat next to Jeongin on the mattress. "I'm so sorry... Felix and Jisung will get what they deserve."

"Will they though? They scare me so much. They ruined everything."

Chan looked at Jeongin comfortably. "You know, I never liked them in the first place. They're just so mean and manipulative... but, I do think that they live off of your fear."

"What do you mean?"

Chan paused before continuing. "It's kind of like what some bullies do. They may feel insecure or something, but they probably bully you to make you feel insecure to feel better about themselves. It's like a tradeoff."

Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows. "Like... Minho."

"Huh?"

"From my dre- nevermind."

Chan raised an eyebrow. "Okay...? Well, anyways. Try not to get what they're saying too much in your head. I know that sounds harder than it seems, but next time you see them, try and show that you are unaffected."

Jeongin sighed. "Okay, that is good advice, but... I already got my verdict. There is no way that doing this would change anything."

Chan chuckled. "Well, you see... don't you want to ģ̷͍͖́͑ě̵̺͛̈́̇̋t̶͚̱̞͎̰̮̋͗̆̄̅ ̴̼̤̰͎̟̉̈̎̀͝o̵̬̝̣͈̖͕͊̀͋͛u̴̫̒̌t̵̛̛̮̱̬̞͑͑̄͝ ̵̢̠̖͎̻̌̾̂͒͝ờ̴̟̙̋̿̇̾f̷̡̗̱̀̅͝ ̶̥̙̠́͌̈́ḧ̷̪́́è̵͙ͅr̸͚̭̙̦̲͑́̐͘ę̶̡̍̏̈́͛̂͘?"

"Yeah, but that's... that's impossible."

Chan shook his head playfully, not responding.

After a few seconds of contemplation, Jeongin spoke up, voice quiet. "Why are you telling me this?"

Chan shrugged, chuckling once again. "It's just life advice from a dead person. But also... maybe take my advice, but look at the bigger picture."

Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows, looking away to think. "Look at the bigger picture? What do you mean?"

Recieving no response, Jeongin turned back only to discover that Chan has disappeared.

What did he mean by look at the bigger picture?

A/N hmm the pieces seem to be coming together ;) some of you have to know what is really happening, i gave you all like all of the information necessary (or did i?) ;) i do feel like some of my smarter readers could probably put two and two together. tell me if you think you know whats happening

have a good night!

unedited