Chapter Two

⚠️⚠️This part contains some use of strong language (more specifically homophobic slurs). Please be safe. ⚠️⚠️

But in the back of his head, Jeongin felt he seemed way too genuine for this to be a prank.

Jeongin looked around the hallways.

Everything seemed to be normal. The people around him were acting lively, bustling with chatter.

Jeongin sighed. This morning was certainly weird, but he was so sure that it was a prank made by his friends. He couldn't wait to confront them about it.

Jeongin stopped when he saw two of his friends, Jisung and Felix, leaning against the lockers. They looked like they were talking about something quite intensely, both of them staring at each other with something Jeongin couldn't describe.

Jeongin was about to walk up to the two when they did something that made Jeongin look away in shock and disgust.

The two started to aggressively make out.

What the hell?

Were Jisung and Felix a thing now?

Jeongin hesitantly walked up to the pair and cleared his throat. "What are-"

The two broke apart. Felix glared at Jeongin, eyes burning into him like lasers. "What the fuck do you want, fag?"

What?

Jeongin's eyes widened. Felix was one of the nicest guys he's ever met. Why was he acting like this?

Jeongin waited for a few seconds for the two to start laughing or something. They have to be pranking him, right?

Right?

Jeongin looked at the two, uncomfortableness and fear filling his body. "I-Is this... is this a joke?"

Jisung looked at Jeongin in disgust. "Stupid. If you don't have anything useful to say then get out of here. Nobody wants to see you, you pathetic, useless, piece of shit."

Felix started cackling in response to Jisung's insult.

Jeongin felt like he was going to get a panic attack. Jisung was also such a nice guy. The two were literally the nicest in the whole entire school. They were such good students, and they cared about almost everyone.

They were acting so out of character.

Jeongin couldn't help but feel like he was going to pass out. "W-wha-"

Jisung pushed Jeongin away, causing Jeongin to stumble back, his shoes squeaking on the tile. "Get out of here, you little fucking faggot." 

Jisung then wiped his hand that he pushed Jeongin with on his pants, disgust etched on his face. "Ew."

Jeongin continued to stare at the pair in shock and fear. What the hell was up with his friends?

Felix made a shooing motion with his hand. "Leave, you shit."

Felix immediately turned back to Jisung, slamming him into the lockers behind them. The two immediately started to disgustingly, messily make out, the session completely made out of teeth and tongue.

Jeongin looked away.

What the actual fuck was happening?

Jeongin started to feel like he couldn't breathe. Tears welled up in his eyes as he ran to the bathroom.

Something was very wrong.

Jeongin turned the sink on and immediately splashed water on his face. This couldn't be real. This couldn't be real. This couldn't be real. This couldn't be real. THIS COULDN'T BE RE-

"Jeongin?"

Jeongin turned to see a familiar face that he's been waiting to see all day.

His boyfriend, Chan.

Jeongin was about to run up to him and hug him, but he stopped himself.

What if Chan was like everyone else he's encountered so far today?

Different.

"...Jeongin? Hello? Are you okay?"

Jeongin cautiously looked into Chan's eyes, wiping some tears from his eyes. "A-are you like everyone else? Are you d-different, too?"

Chan's eyebrows furrowed. "What? What do you mean?"

"E-everyone has been acting... differently than usual and I don't know. Is this all a prank?"

Chan stepped towards Jeongin. "No(?) I don't think so."

Jeongin rushed towards Chan and gave him a hug, tears now staining Chan's shirt. "W-what is happening?"

Chan seemed surprised, but he returned the hug after a few seconds. "What? Do you want me to get Minho to come?"

Jeongin looked back up at Chan, emotions filling his body causing him to shake. Chan was friends with Minho now? "I-I... d-don't..."

Chan pulled out his phone and sent a text. "He's on his way. Jeongin, can you tell me what is wrong? What's got you like this?"

"J-Jisung and F-Felix-"

"Those two? What? Did they bully you again?"

Jeongin's breath hitched, totally not helping him breathe from his crying. Why was Chan acting like what happened earlier was normal? Was he part of the prank too?

Jeongin heard the bathroom door open. "Channie? Jeongin?"

It was Minho.

"Oh my god, Jeongin! Have you been crying?"

Jeongin couldn't respond. He didn't want to talk to Minho.

Chan looked at Minho. "Min, I don't know I just found him like this. Help-"

Jeongin shook. "N-no. This isn't right!"

Suddenly, the minute bell rang.

Chan's eyes widened. "Crap. I'll stay with Jeongin, you get to class, Min."

Minho sighed. "Alright, Jeongin, I hope you feel better."

Jeongin then watched with wide eyes as Minho walked up to Chan and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Minho gave him a small smile. "I'll see you later, Channie. Help him."

Chan smiled back. "See you."

Minho left the bathroom.

Jeongin looked at Chan, trembling from a question he felt like he needed to ask. "Are you t-two... together?"

Everything was so different now, and by their mannerisms and interactions at the end, Chan and Minho seemed to be really close. Jeongin just had to clear his doubt. Chan couldn't be that much different in this strange, seemingly nightmare, right?

Chan looked at Jeongin, confused. "Uh, yeah. For two years now. Didn't you know that?"

Jeongin felt his heart drop.

This was starting to feel less of a prank as it went on. Everyone was acting so out of character or different. They acted like the way they were acting was normal, but Jeongin knew this wasn't normal.

At least for him.

What the actual hell was happening?

A/N Oh hecking snap

unedited