Epilogue

Jeongin had to stay in the hospital for a few more weeks before he was finally released.

Even though Jeongin had pretty much missed the whole school year, he was on his way to school to go talk to the administration to see what he was to do about his education.

He might have to stay for an extra year of high school.

Yikes.

Jeongin walked into school with Chan, hand in hand. Chan promised that he'd come with him since Jeongin hasn't been there in a while.

Plus, even though it was from his life before, he's gotten kind of used to the people and such of his new life.

As proven when he saw two familiar figures leaning against the wall of the side of the school.

Hyunjin and Changbin.

The two looked like they were smoking something, clearly stressed with quite disheveled appearances.

Jeongin was now kind of used to Hyunjin being that smart, rich but not stuck up or selfish, classmate. Hyunjin helped him a lot in his nightmare, so just seeing him in the way he was before was really strange.

Jeongin sighed. Yeah, he did prefer his actual life over his dream life, but there were some characters from it that he kind of wished were in his actual life, Hyunjin being one of them.

But that was obviously impossible, those characters were manifestations of his head.

Jeongin shook his head as he and Chan walked into the administration's office.

And guess who he saw standing right there?

None other than Lee Minho.

Minho was another one of the people that he wished was the way he was in Jeongin's dream world rather than real life. Minho was pretty much there for him the whole time, being quite a reliable best friend.

But that wasn't true here at all.

Minho seemed to notice the couple walk in, immediately walking over to Jeongin and raising an eyebrow. "You? What are you doing here. Are you back to being-"

Jeongin rolled his eyes, immediately recalling Chan's ghost's advice. Don't let it affect you. "Look, I don't care. Your words don't affect me at all and I've learned that I shouldn't care at all because this is all you do to me. I'm done, go do something useful, just stop terrorizing me as it would be a waste of time because now I don't even care since I know your words aren't true."

Minho looked taken aback. "Wha..."

Jeongin tugged Chan's hand leading him to the front desk. "Come on, hyung."

Dang, that felt good.

Jeongin knew that he probably wouldn't have been able to stand up for himself if it wasn't for his coma, so in a way he was kind of thankful for it.

It helped him improve himself.

A/N I'm not sure if i should actually call this an epilogue, i mean it does take place after the events of the story and shows the results of jeongins growth but it doesn't seem epilogue worthy. also its really short. idk

but yeah, that's the end of aware! whoa, i kinda cant believe it. the outro chapter will be up soon, so look out for that. don't leave just yet

if you want to ask me a question, ask here!

have an awesome day and happy new year!

unedited