Chapter One

Hello? Hello! Wake up you pathetic lit-

Jeongin opened his eyes, immediately rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hand. Jeongin instinctually looked to his left, where his alarm clock usually was.

His alarm clock wasn't there.

Jeongin's eyes widened, immediately looking around the room he was in.

Something wasn't right.

He wasn't in his own bedroom.

Jeongin looked around the unfamiliar, strange room. Three out of the four walls were painted a kind of dirty blue color, the last one painted white. He was laying in the bed that was placed on the right of the room, the end of the bed facing the door. A dark brown dresser sat on the opposite end of the room of the bed, many random things on top of it. A large black desk was also set opposite the white wall, a big window placed over the desk.

Where the hell was he?

Jeongin slowly sat up, gripping his shirt fearfully. Did he get kidnapped?

The last thing he remembered was falling asleep next to his boyfriend, Chan-

"Hey, Jeongin. Are you awake? We need to get ready for school."

Jeongin slowly looked up at the figure that appeared at the doorway, immediately shrinking back in fear as he saw it was.

Minho.

Minho was one of the people that bullied Jeongin at school, almost all the time. A person that really made Jeongin feel insecure.

What was he doing here?

"Oh, you're awake. Come on, you don't want to be late again."

Jeongin looked at Minho with wide eyes. "W-what. What are you- Did you kidnap me? Where the hell am I?"

Minho looked genuinely confused. "What? What do you mean? We're at home-"

Jeongin looked at Minho with disbelief. "No. Why am I here!? What'd you do to me!?"

Minho looked shocked. "Jeongin! Jesus Christ, what are you talking about!? I didn't do anything, you live here with me!"

Jeongin threw his pillow at Minho. "No, I don't! What are you-"

Minho ducked, dodging the pillow. "What are you so confused about!? You moved in with me after your parents died."

That made Jeongin freeze, voice coming out quietly. "m-my parents what?"

Minho's voice softened. "They died. You moved in with me after the accident."

"Bu- wha- They're dead? B-but why would I move in with you?"

Minho walked up to the bed. "You're my best friend, Jeongin. Why are you acting like this? You know all of this already."

Jeongin almost passed out.

This has to be some sort of sick joke. There is no way that this is real.

Jeongin decided he was going to play along, his friends were probably pranking him or something. Jeongin got off of the bed. "Alright, let's go to school."

Jeongin walked out of the room, realizing he literally had no idea where the bathroom was.

Jeongin huffed. He couldn't wait for this stupid joke to be over.

Jeongin wandered around the house before he located the bathroom, going in and shutting the door.

And that's when a new dilemna occurred. Which toothbrush was supposedly his?

Jeongin sighed and opened the door, peeking his head out of the door. He guessed he could ask Minho since he supposedly lived here. He wondered if his friends really put that much detail into their prank. "Which toothbrush is mine!?"

"Really!? It's the one you've been using!"

"Well, I don't know what that is!"

"It's the one that isn't mine!"

No shit, sherlock.

Jeongin huffed. "Which one is yours!?"

"The green one!"

"Thank you!"

Jeongin closed the door, picking up the not green toothbrush. It looked used.

Nasty.

Jeongin shuddered. He really couldn't wait for this joke to be over.

---

"Did you do your coding homework?"

Jeongin followed Minho as the two walked to school. Jeongin still hated Minho, but for the sake of the prank that he thought his friends were doing, he'd play along. "My what now?"

"Your coding homework."

Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not taking a coding class(?)"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure you are. You need to since you said you wanted to become an engineer when you are older."

Jeongin stopped walking. "W-what. No I didn't."

Engineering is something that Jeongin never considered as a job. He just didn't like it. His parents wanted him to be an engineer because of the money, but deep down Jeongin wanted to become a music teacher. Jeongin knew that his parents heavily encouraged him to become one and would love him even more if he did, but he knew, in the end, he'll just be a disappointment because it wasn't something he wanted to do.

Well, not anymore because they're dead, apparently.

Minho turned back to Jeongin. "You said it was your dream job."

Jeongin shook his head, beginning to walk again. "Uh, no."

"Then why'd you sign up for the class?"

"I didn't"

"Yeah, you did."

Jeongin shook his head. This was probably another part of the prank.

The pair arrived at the school, Minho waving at Jeongin. "I'll see you later, Jeongin. Have a good day!"

Jeongin looked at Minho. "Bye, I guess."

Jeongin couldn't wait for this prank to be over. Talking to Minho was lowkey uncomfortable.

But in the back of his head, Jeongin felt he seemed way too genuine for this to be a prank.

A/N Hey everyone, welcome to Aware! I hope you all are excited because I am! I had to update the intro chapter a bit to put in a second warningish message. I'll repeat it here in case you missed it:

This book also contains many, and I mean many uncomfortable and/or shocking scenes. This book might not be appropriate for generally casual readers.

Please be safe. I don't want to make anyone feel too uncomfortable, but if you're in for the ride, I hope you enjoy.

have a nice day!

unedited