C̴̝͖̓̇͐́̽̔̀͒̏̔̍ha̴͕̖͓̟̘͍͔͙͌̆̈́͜͠͠pter Thirty-Five

ś̶̛͔̬̭́̃̇̄͗̏͌̂͗͝͠͝ạ̷̢̋͛̃̓̈́̒̅̍́͋̆͋̏̾̚̚͘v̴̪̩͑̑̓́̈́̀̄̽͜͝ͅe̸̢͓̗̯̱͚̺̳̹̞̓ ̷̛̯͖̯̳̤͕̰̫̺̳̤͚̫̞̀͑̐̀̌̓̽̎͌́̄̊̀͘m̵̪̯͖̗̞̜̤̘̻͔̮̗͉̂̈͘͝ĕ̵̙̆͆̆́

---

"Get up."

The guards slammed open the bars of Jeongin's cell, immediately grabbing his boney wrists and putting them in cuffs. Jeongin's heart started pounding, breath getting quick.

He knew that this was coming for a long time.

It was time for his e̶̢̼̳͓̍̍͘͝x̴̡̱͑͒̊ͅḛ̸͇̱̤͛c̶̡̛͆ǘ̷̲͐͘t̵̺͗̔͒̚i̸̺̺͙̠̎ờ̵̤͎͜ņ̵̐̎̀͒.

Jeongin started to struggle. He didn't want this to happen.

Because in a few minutes, his life would be over.

Gone.

He would be dead.

It didn't matter whether or not this life would be his new or old one because it was ending no matter what.

Jeongin didn't want to die. He didn't have time to pursue his dreams. He didn't have time to even grow up. He couldn't say goodbye to his friends, new or old and he couldn't even have time to get revenge on the ones that did this to him.

Life is precious and short, don't take it for granted.

Desperate, Jeongin started to plead. "P-please! I'm innocent and I don't deserve this. Please have mercy!"

One of the guards slapped Jeongin on the cheek quite aggressively. "Save it for the afterlife."

Oh god.

Jeongin continued to struggle, even more desperate than before.

The guards, oblivious to Jeongin's struggles, pushed him into a small, cold room. The room had only one thing.

A small cot with restraints on it.

Jeongin gulped as the guards pushed him onto the cot, immediately putting the restraints on his body. Jeongin struggled even more, his whole body shaking from nervousness and fear. Sweat started to form on his forehead and his palms, the temperature of his body fluctuating from the shivers of his shaking. Tears began to well up in his eyes at a rapid pace, the liquid sadness rolling down the sides of his face.

Oh god.

Jeongin watched as one of the guards exited the room, coming back in a few moments later holding a syringe.

From what Jeongin has heard, lethal injection was not very fun.

Trembling, Jeongin watched as the guard brought the syringe up to his shoulder, the tip of the syringe touching his skin.

Jeongin's heart drummed in his ears that it was the only thing he could hear. Frozen, Jeongin stopped struggling.

This fate was something he clearly could not escape.

You know that feeling when you're about to die and you see your whole life flash before your eyes?

Yeah, that's what Jeongin was experiencing right now.

Everything since his new life flashed through his brain, trying to at least try and solve the mystery of how this strange reality change even started in the first place.

Some things that he got told over the time here came to the front immediately, the decryption that was put over them being immediately dissolved, being recalled very clearly.