Outro + Analysis

Hello everyone! If you are unaware, at the end of all of my completed books I always make these analysis chapters so I could analyze my work, see how I could improve as a writer, clarify certain aspects or motifs that may have been unclear, summarize, and provide information and advice to others. I haven't really seen any other writers do things like this, but I think it's quite a good idea, especially if your books cover something more serious (kinda like this one), because it can not only help me improve myself, but also maybe have my readers improve themselves too. If you aren't into this kind of stuff, feel free to skip it as it's obviously not required, but I suggest you do. Please make sure to also tell me what I can improve on and what you did or didn't like about the book. At the end there is a thank you message, so even if you don't want to read the analysis, you'd probably want to read that. Thank you all so much!

Reflection + Writing Process

This book, out of all of my books, has been the most interesting book I've written. Mainly because it contains a lot of various aspects that make it different other than the content (mostly the glitchy text).

This book was kind of risky to make as the entire book's content and interest points were pretty much based solely on unsettling motifs, hypocrisy, and pseudo to non-realism. Doing that kind of thing was so challenging and super risky as doing so has literally two extremes. It's either executed really well or it's just a straight-up flop. I can't exactly say which way it went as I'm the author and am biased, but from a reader's standpoint, did it feel I executed it well?

A lot of this book contained subtle things that were placed strategically to make readers confused or question themselves. Some examples of this would be like how Jilix called Jeongin a homophobic slur after literally making out with each other or that the incoming call that Jeongin received ended in a voicemail when you only get the voicemail message if you yourself call someone. These things were on purpose, I'm not stupid lol.

This book also went through many changes and is the most different from my original initial outline. The only things that are pretty much the same between my initial outline and the final product was the Minho best friend thing and Seungmin getting murdered. 

The biggest change was that instead of Jeongin being in a coma, he was originally put in his dream world as a social experiment.

Yeah, I know, it's super stupid.

The way I wrote the book was that it had the illusion of being normal, but then your sanity slowly gets deteriorated, yet the book continues as if that state is normal. I did it like this as it was a direct representation of what Jeongin was feeling throughout the book.

I have no idea what originally spawned this idea in the first place, like it's literally so out there. I have no idea at all either how I came up with a lot of unsettling things, and most of it also had symbolism. More on that in the next section.

Finally, I just wanted to ask what kind of tone my writing seemed to be in this book. In this one, I kind of aimed for something more neutral, with slightly elevated language. Please let me know if I managed to do that.

Character Analysis, Symbolism, + Motifs

In this book almost everything has some sort of symbolism. Yes, this did take a lot of planning.

If you didn't catch on, Jeongin's dream world manifested from his insecurities, so most concepts or characters are relating to the insecurities of Jeongin or general insecurities. Below, I will go and list everything and everyone that has symbolic meaning or significance in order of appearance. (this is going to take a long time lmao)

The number in parenthesis is the chapter it first appears.

Italicized Text (1) - The first sentence of the book is literally a hint that Jeongin isn't awake and that he doesn't necessarily want to because he also gets insulted. It's foreshadowing.