Chapter Twe̵͍̲̓̽nty-Sẽ̵̮ven

⚠️⚠️This part contains some use of strong language (more specifically homophobic slurs). Please be safe. ⚠️⚠️

Even though talking to Minho felt Jeongin feel a bit more reassured, there was some indescribable feeling in the back of his mind that told him that something bad was going to happen.

---

Days went by and it was almost time for Jeongin's trial.

The trial was literally tomorrow.

Jeongin was extremely nervous. He knew that he was innocent.

But did everyone else?

He knew that Minho was on his side (and Seungmin, but he was literally dead), but everyone else knew him as a murderer.

Plus with the way things were going for him, he wouldn't be surprised if he was proven guilty.

This was pretty much a countdown to his death.

If you told Jeongin three months ago, before any of this, that his bully would become his roommate and one of his closest friends, his dreams of becoming a musician suddenly being shattered and unwillingly replaced with the path to becoming an engineer, two of his friends would become ruthless killers that killed some of the people close to him and framed him for murder, and that he would actually be sent to juvie for a crime he didn't commit, he would think you were out of your mind.

But that's exactly what happened to him.

Jeongin wanted this nightmare to be over, but if he didn't know how it even started, how would he know how to end it?

---

Jeongin got into the passenger seat of Chan's car, immediately putting on his seatbelt.

"You ready to go, Innie?"

Jeongin looked over to his boyfriend. "You bet."

It was finally time for the party.

The drive wasn't very long, only taking around ten minutes. Soon enough the couple was in front of the large house full of teenagers.

It honestly looked chaotic, but that's what parties were supposed to be like.

Loud music blasted throughout the whole area, the ground trembling from the bass. But even over the music, yells and screams were heard from the enthusiastic partiers. Through the windows, Jeongin could see many people doing various party things.

Whoa.

Chan grabbed Jeongin's hand. "Come on, let's go see if our friends are in here."

Jeongin let Chan drag him into the house.

As soon as they got through the door, the music somehow got even louder. People were almost everywhere doing many things, dancing, playing games, making out, literally everything you could do at a party.

If you had social anxiety then this place definitely wasn't for you.

Jeongin turned to his boyfriend. "You go find Jisung hyung and Felix hyung. I'll be over here."

Chan nodded. "Alright. Don't do anything stupid."

Jeongin playfully flicked Chan's bicep causing Chan to chuckle as he walked off to find their friends.

Jeongin, by some miracle, somehow found a space on one of the couches to sit. He pulled out his phone, fiddling with some sort of puzzle game as he waited.

"Oh, it's you."

Jeongin froze. He could recognize that voice anywhere.

Lee fucking Minho.

Jeongin slowly looked up from his phone. "What do you want?"

Maybe he shouldn't have said that.

Minho raised an eyebrow in a somehow intimidating manner. "Excuse me?"

Jeongin pocketed his phone and sighed. He's been dealing with Minho's shenanigans for ages and honestly, he didn't know why he hasn't stood up for himself yet. "Please, just leave me alone."

Minho scoffed. "Why? So you could be lonely again? You do know that your friends will leave you. They don't like you at all, even your stupid boyfriend. You're just lucky that you found another faggot to love- oh wait, he won't love you back once he knows how useless you are."

Oh yeah, that's why.

Minho continued, venom continuing to fill his tone. "He does everything for you, doesn't he? Once he's gone, you'll realize that you can't do anything yourself and also that you're just a scared, pathetic, weak-"

"Hey, leave him alone!"

Jeongin turned his head to see one of his other friends.

Seungmin.

Thank the lord.

Minho looked at Seungmin for a few seconds before shaking his head and looking back at Jeongin. "I'm just looking out for you."

Jeongin stared at Minho who turned around and began to walk off. Seungmin sat next to Jeongin. "Are you okay, Jeongin? You're crying."

Jeongin didn't even realize. "Yeah, I'm fine... I'm fine. Thanks, hyung."

"Yeah, of course."

---

As the party went on, Jeongin tried to forget Minho's words, but he couldn't shake them from his head. 

Maybe because he realized that he might be right.

Jeongin got another cup of beer and downed it, cringing a bit from the bitter taste.

Chan looked at Jeongin, concerned. "Innie, are you okay? That's like your fifth(?) cup of beer!"

Jeongin wiped his mouth. "Y-yeah! I'm... great."

He probably was going to die from alcohol poisoning.

Jeongin didn't usually drink (especially since he was underage and that's illegal), but he really just wanted to get rid of Minho's words.

It wasn't working.

Jeongin was about to get more alcohol as another try to erase his memories when Chan stopped him. "Jeongin, what's wrong? Why are you drinking so much?"

Jeongin looked into Chan's eyes, shivering as he recalled Minho's words. Chan was going to leave him, wasn't he?

Jeongin looked away. "Just let me be!"

Chan's eyebrows raised. "Wha-"

Jeongin turned away, going to get more alcohol.

His drunkenness wasn't making his memory go away, but it was starting to make him think.

Maybe Minho was right.

A/N okay I'm kinda curious, do you guys have any theories since a lot of stuff has happened? I know in the first few chapters some of you guys had theories, but i haven't seen any in a while. maybe some of you all can guess what's really happening. ;)

unedited