Chapter S̶͓̬̠̑̑́͆̌́̈̏̆̚͝͠ixteen

Jeongin turned his attention back to the laptop, readying himself to at least try and understand what was happening. "Yep."

---

Jeongin thought about what Hyunjin said last Friday about Felix and Jisung over the weekend and decided to come to the conclusion to go to the police about the whole situation.

Well, after school.

Felix and Jisung said that something would happen if he told anything to anybody else, and that scared Jeongin.

But, they literally murdered somebody. They could literally go to prison for life.

And what could they do to Jeongin in prison?

Probably nothing.

Right?

🕈︎❒︎□︎■︎♑︎

Jeongin gripped the straps of his backpack as he followed Minho into the school, heading straight to his locker. Jeongin grabbed his things for coding, shutting his locker with a click.

Jeongin sighed.

Today was going to be another long day.

---

Jeongin walked into the police station, hands shaking from nerves.

Okay, yeah, this kind of felt intimidating.

That was an understatement.

Jeongin walked up to the person at the front desk, the person looking up at Jeongin as he arrived in front of the desk. "Hello, is there something I could help you with?"

Jeongin's eyes widened slightly. "U-um... I think I... I know who killed Kim Seungmin."

The person at the desk seemed to visibly perk up. "I'll get an officer to interview you shortly. Please take a seat."

The Kim Seungmin case isn't not well known. The case was all over the news extremely fast. An extremely brutal murder plus an unknown murderer is something that garners quite a lot of attention.

Jeongin went to go take a seat at one of the metal chairs in the front room, wiping his now sweaty hands on his pants.

Oh god, why was he so nervous?

Jeongin waited for a few minutes before an officer came and lead him into an interview room, Jeongin taking a seat in another identical metal chair. The chair screeched against the hard floor, Jeongin sighing as he drummed his fingers on the table.

The officer set his clipboard on the table, tapping his pen on the table with a rubato click. "So, shall we begin? What is it that you know about the Kim Seungmin case?"

Jeongin felt his heartbeat in his ears. "Well, I ... I know... I know who killed him."

The officer looked at Jeongin. "Could you tell me who?"

Jeongin gulped. Was he really going to do this?

No turning back now.

Jeongin felt a wave of nerves go through this body as the two names rolled off of his tongue before he could stop himself. "Lee Felix and Han Jisung."

Jeongin's eyes widened slightly, feeling sweat form on his forehead.

He probably just dug his own grave.

The officer clicked his pen and wrote some things down on his clipboard. "Could you explain to me how you know this information?"

Jeongin bit his lip. "Uhh, well, I was actually the one that found his body and called the police and I found out that it was those two that killed him."

The police officer paused for a second before speaking up again. "Is there a specific reason why you didn't tell this information before?"

Jeongin let out a shaky breath, voice low. "Uhh... I was actually threatened by them into silence... but I decided to go against it because I felt... I didn't know... uh... they need to be locked up."

The officer wrote a few things down on his clipboard before looking up at Jeongin, a sympathetic look on his face. "You're really brave to come here and tell us this. We really appreciate this lead and will look into it. Thank you, kid."

Jeongin tried to smile, but he felt something ḑ̵̙̼̦͙̹͌̈́͆ȩ̸̰̖̳͂̇͆̍̄̆̽̃̈́͂͆͊͜ͅȩ̸̩̲̫͈̥̞͍̜̪͍̼̹̉́̔̔͒̍̆̋̃͆̑̈̒̕p̷̡̺̙̖͕͓̱͇̞̗̪̦̬͍͕̕͝ȩ̷̛͇̣̱̼̙͚̮̙͕̘͛̊͋̅̆͋̾̕͠ͅr̴̢̨̧̩͖̪̰̜̱̲̫̩̞̖̎̇̈̒͑̂̎̒͌̚͠ seem to stop him from doing so.

---

Jeongin walked into school the next day, a bit scared. What if Felix and Jisung knew he went to the police and killed him at school right then and there?

Jeongin shuffled down the hallways, the background chatter being drowned out by his heartbeat.

He didn't really feel too good.

You know what, Jeongin. There is literally no way that they could know. How would they even know if he went to the police unless the police themselves told them both?

And why would they do that?

Jeongin shook his head.

Yeah, there was no way they could know.

Jeongin was about to keep walking, but then he suddenly got yanked into a dark, empty classroom. Jeongin fell to the hard floor, his backpack falling off of his back from the amount of force that he was shoved with.

Two looming figures stood over Jeongin's now small figure.

Jeongin recognized the two almost immediately.

Felix and Jisung.

"Hey, Jeongin. We know what you did."

Jeongin's eyes widened.

Guess they did know.

Oh fucking shit Jeongin, you're so fucking screwed.

A/N Okay I literally can not emphasize this any more, but the next chapter is the most disturbing part of the book, and I heavily heavily advise you to skip it if you can't handle the content inside it. I will put a very large warning at the beginning of it that describes the content inside as I really don't want any of you to feel uncomfortable or get nightmares. I legitimately have been debating whether or not to put it in the book because of how extreme and disturbing it is, but I have come to the conclusion that the content and extent of it is something that is needed in the story in order for specific character relationships to develop and for certain parts of the story in the future to not feel too anticlimatic or underwhelming(?) (it's part of good story writing). The chapter is completely skippable, as what happens inside is referenced after quite a bit, but you can read it if you want to know what happens in-depth and in detail. Again, please, be careful. I want all of you to be safe, and please please read the warning and skip the chapter if you feel uncomfortable in the slightest. I don't want any of you to get nightmares or anything as it is truly disturbing. This is not an understatement. You may think I'm joking or messing around, but if you know me, you would know I take mental health very seriously. Thank you.

unedited