Chapter Three

What the actual hell was happening?

Jeongin needed to get answers.

"Ch-Chan?"

Chan looked at Jeongin. "Yeah?"

Jeongin wiped a few tears from his eyes. "I-Is this really... really not a prank? Are you r-really... are you a-actually..."

Chan looked at Jeongin, eyebrows furrowed. "What? What do you mean, Jeongin? Why do you keep mentioning if this is a prank or not, I don't underst-"

"This isn't real right? This isn't funny."

Chan didn't look any less confused. "Uh, I'm pretty sure I'm real."

Jeongin gritted his teeth, frustrated. He didn't want to believe that this was real, but everything seemed way too harmonious to be fake. "This isn't funny. This isn't funny. Ha, ha, you got me. Stop acting like this. The prank is over."

Jeongin was in denial.

Chan's face radiated confusion. "What? Jeongin. What prank are you talking about? I have no idea what you're talking about."

Jeongin gripped his hair and leaned against the wall. "All of this! Nothing is right! Everyone is acting so weird. Minho bullies me, but I woke up in his house or something and he acted so nice and I don't know. Felix and Jisung are some of my best friends, but they bullied me instead today. They insulted me so hard and they were acting so out of character! And y-you... Ch-Chan..., we're d-dating! But now, you're apparently d-dating Minho. A-and then..., and then apparently I'm going to become an engineer and my parents both died. Stop. Why is everything so wrong? Nothing is right!"

Chan blinked, staring at Jeongin. "Are you okay, Jeongin? What are you talking about? Minho has been your best friend for years! You moved in with him after the... car accident. And you know that Felix and Jisung have always been that mean, they're some of the scariest people in the school. Nobody wants to associate with them or talk to them ever. And you also know that Minho and I are dating, but we have never dated. Minho and I got together around the same time that you got together with Seungmin, but-"

Jeongin's eyes widened. "Seungmin and I got together!?"

Seungmin has been another one of Jeongin's best friends along with Felix and Jisung.

Was Seungmin also different in this weird nightmare?

Chan's expression got even more confused. "Uh, yeah. But you two broke up a few months ago."

What?

Jeongin knew that he never dated Seungmin. He never even had feelings for him. "...a-are we still f-friends?"

Chan's eyebrows furrowed. "I believe so. You two still talk... shouldn't you know all of this?"

Jeongin vigorously shook his head. "No. No. No! I don't know any of this! None of this is right! This isn't what I knew. This has to be a dream."

"Jeongin, why are you acting like this? D-did you... a-are you doing drugs?"

Jeongin's eyes widened. Was he really acting so strangely that it seems that he's not mentally sane?

But that's not right. Everything around him was acting strange.

"No! Of course not! This is what I know, this is what I know. This is all only what I know. This isn't right!"

Chan set his hand on Jeongin's hand in a comforting gesture. "Jeongin, you were probaIntruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruder Intruderbly dreaming. It was probably all just your imagination."

Imagination?

Could it be?

Could Jeongin just be delusional and everything around him was real and what he knew was what was actually fake?

Jeongin felt like he was going to hyperventilate.

"A-are you sure? It's not a dream. I swear! I just know it... do I?"

Jeongin buried his face once again into Chan's chest, doing nothing to help with his breathing. Chan rubbed circles on Jeongin's back. "You were probably just dreaming, Jeongin. You'll remember that all of this is normal."

Jeongin gasped for air, his salty tears running down his cheeks. Jeongin didn't want to believe it.

He couldn't believe it.

But the proof kept stacking up.

Jeongin really, really hoped that this was all a prank, that this was all fake.

But deep down, he knew that this all had to be real. It was the only explanation.

A/N this chapter is a bit shorter than usual, i usually aim for 700-1300 words in every chapter except for prologues and epilogues but this was like 650 whoops.

i don't know why but earlier i started going back to my emo days in music for some reason so i spent like a whole three hours listening to Green Day and Panic! at the Disco. I forgot how good their music was like bruh i haven't listened to them in so long.

unedited