Chapţ̷̓̀͋̎͛̄͐̒er Twelve

He couldn't believe that this was real.

---

Jeongin sat himself down in front of Seungmin's grave, fingers drumming the dirt beneath him.

It's been quite a long few weeks ever since Seungmin's murder.

Jeongin's eyes wandered over the carved letters in the stone, feeling tears well up in his eyes as he did so.

Seungmin didn't deserve this at all.

Jeongin knew that Felix and Jisung did this. He couldn't believe that the people who he's known as friends before could do something like this.

Well, technically, they were different people.

Everyone around him were completely different people.

Everyone except for Seungmin.

Jeongin sighed, looking away from the grave. He couldn't bear to look at the cruel reminder of what happened. He really wished Felix and Jisung could get punished for this, but he knew they couldn't.

Jeongin was the only person that knew they were the ones that did it, but he was sworn to secrecy by threats.

Usually, Jeongin would've told the police anyways. They were high authority figures after all and they probably could catch and punish the two justly for what they have done without Jeongin himself getting harmed.

But there was something strangely unsettling about Felix and Jisung that deep down, he knew he'd ď̸͓͎͇̣̹̻̩̈̏́̃̽̓̃͑̅̕͝͝͝i̶̡̨̩͎̤͚̩̮͓͗́͌͌͝ë̴̛̟̤͖̘͔̇̈̕ if he told the police.

So, he had to lie when he got questioned.

It didn't feel good, but he'd rather live.

"So, Mr. Yang, can you please tell me what your own account on what happened? Start from the beginning, and try to provide as much detail as possible."

Jeongin stared at the police officer who was now writing something down on his clipboard. Jeongin fidgeted in his chair. He really didn't really want to relive the horror that happened the other day, but he knew they needed this information for the investigation. "W-well, I... uh..."

The police officer looked up from the clipboard, looking at Jeongin expectantly. "Take your time."

Jeongin sighed. "I... I noticed that my friend wasn't at lunch when I got to the cafeteria, and... and he usually is always there earlier so it was quite unusual. I went to go ask some of my other friends if they knew where he was and they didn't know... so I went to search the hallways. I saw two-"

Jeongin stopped himself, eyes widening slightly. Felix and Jisung's words echoed in his head. He couldn't tell the police about them.

Jeongin exhaled a short breath before continuing his explanation, his voice wavering slightly. "I tried looking into the window of every classroom to see if he was in any of them, but... he wasn't in any until I got to a door that had its shutters c-closed on its window. I o-opened it, a-and..."

Jeongin took a deep breath, squeezing his eyes shut in an effort to stop the tears starting to form. "A-and I s-saw h-him. His b-body o-on the... o-on th-the floor, d-dead."

The police officer wrote a few things on his clipboard, before looking back up at Jeongin. "Can you think of anybody that might do this or anyone that might have a motive or grudge that would cause them to murder your friend?"

Jeongin shakily shook his head, the fear of Felix and Jisung doing something coming back to his mind to remind him to not tell the truth. "I c-can't think of a-anybody th-that would d-do that."

As soon as those words left Jeongin's mouth, an immediate pang of guilt went through his body.

He really didn't like lying.

Jeongin sighed. This was probably going to be something that would stay with him for the rest of his life.

Jeongin's eyes wandered around the scenery. It seemed strangely calm for a sea of literal corpses rotting in the ground. Wind blew through the area, the branches of a nearby tree rustling as if a spectre was moving it with an invisible hand. The cool breeze blew leaves across the coarse dirt, a few birds tweeting, their song accompanying the strange choreography of nature's performance. The bright blue sky was painted by a few tufts of white fluff, those clouds slowly cruising across the canvas of blue until they got lost at the horizon.

Jeongin wished he could enjoy the scene, it was very peaceful.

But the reminder of Seungmin being gone always ruined it for him. He just couldn't get it out of his head that something like that could happen to him.

Jeongin knew that after this, he probably would never be okay ever again.

A/N drink water, ill know if you didnt

unedited