Chapter Sixteen

Mutual feelings.

Moon then notices ZiTao's expression and she knew exactly what he was thinking, so Moon coughs out loud to break the awkward silence in between everyone.

"So, you haven't told mom and dad about my situation?" Moon asks Momo.

"No. Its not our business." Momo says.

"Thank goodness. At least she did one good thing." Moon sighs.

"But eventually, you are going to tell them." Momo says.

"You want me to tell them that I was pregnant and then I had a miscarriage?! I don't want to crush their dreams of becoming grandparents!" Moon asks loudly.

"They have to know. Sooner or later." Momo says.

"Forget it. It'll crush their dreams of being grandparents. I don't wanna worry them with my problems anymore." Moon says.

"Then go out and date again!" Momo pitches an idea.

ZiTao's eyes widen.

"Are you crazy!? If I do move on, my ex-in-laws will make my life more miserable than it already is." Moon says.

"This is really awkward." ZiTao says quietly.

"Come on Moon. They can do to you. They aren't are family anymore! It has to be more than that. So you have the right to go out and date anyone you want." Momo says.

"Thanks, but no thanks. My husband just died and I'm not ready to be committed to another relationship. I feel like I'll be betraying him. My focus right now and forever is to avoid my ex-in-laws, be there for my cat, and my bakery." Moon turns around and faces them away.

"Okay, I know, but what if we say that if for 1 or 2 years has passed, will you then be ready for a relationship?" Momo says.

"I don't know. Besides, if I do get get into a relationship, I'll feel like I'll be pushing them out my life because I'm not paying attention to them when in reality I'm still trying to move from him. Right now I wanna look for the person who has my husband heart." She says softly.

"Momo, baby. Its best if you don't rush your sister into a relationship. What if the next person breaks her heart? She's been in a healthy relationship for so long and we don't know if the next person will be playing her feelings because she'll feel really vulnerable then." Heechul says.

"I guess your right. Take your time sis and I hope you find that person that has your ex-husband's heart. We are here for you." Momo says.

"Thanks for understanding." Moon says.

The next morning.

Moon sat on the hospital bed putting on her pants

Moon sat on the hospital bed putting on her pants. She also puts on her sock and shoes. She sighs as she looks at the window as curtains flowing against the soft breeze. She held her empty belly as she lighty sobs in tears.

"Why does everything get taken away from me? I haven't done anything bad. I've just worked hard for me and the people I truly care about. Did I commit a crime in my past life and I'm paying for it?" She says to herself.

Momo then knocks on the door and enters.

"We are ready to take you home." She says.

"Where is ZiTao?" She turns her head.

"Why did I ask for him?" She says in her mind.

"We told him that I'll take you home and that he should rest.." Momo says.

Moon sighed in disappointment. She was hoping for him to take her home. She didn't know why, but she liked the feeling.

"Where is Heechul then?" Moon asks.

"I also told him to go home and rest because today he has important conference with a TV host." Momo says.

"Oh.."

Moon slowly gets up and walks out of the living room. The doctor looks at Momo and Moon leaving the bedroom. A nurse walks towards him.

"Poor thing." The nurse says.

"I wish I could he her reaction to when Huang ZiTao has her husband's heart.." The doctor says.

"Then why don't you tell her that your patient ZiTao has it? No need to make it all suspenseful." The nurse says.

"I can't just give out information like that. Besides, I need to tell him so he can step up an appointment for each other." The doctor says.

"Oh."

"Come on guys, lets go to work." The doctor says.

The doctor goes to the desktop and dials ZiTao.

"ZiTao. The woman wants to meet up with you and wants to know when you can set up a date for you 2 to meet each other. Okay. Thanks, I'll let her know soon."

At Moon's home.

Moon sits on her couch as Momo gives her bag of dirty clothes back.

"Do you want me to stay?" Momo says.

"I'm okay, you got work to do." Moon says sluggishly.

"Okay. When everything settles down, call me."
Momo says and hugs Moon tightly.

"You're not alone baby." Momo unhugs her and waves at her as she leaves the house.

Moon lays back on her couch and holds her stomach. Her face was puffy and slightly red from all the crying. She then hears her phone buzzing.

"Hello..?" She picks it up and puts it on speaker because she does not feel like putting her phone on her ear.

"Ms. Kim? I know you've taken a couple of days off but something urgent happened at the bakery." Amy says.

"Whats going on?"

"3 words: A toxic Karen..." Amy says over the speaker.

Moon groans.

"I'll be there to deal with it."

Moon then hangs up and gets her coat and purse and walks out of her home. She gets in her car and drives off.

"The last thing I need to deal with is a Karen not getting her way. I just lost my baby. I swear I do not need this.." Moon says as she clenches onto the steering wheel.

Moon parks at the parking lot and gets off her car and shuts the door and walks inside her bakery.

She hears Amy and an older lady arguing. She looks around the as the other customers peeping in on the argument.

"Ms. Kim!" Amy waves at her.

Moon walks over to them and the older woman looks at Moon with disgust.

"So you are the manger?! Look at yourself. Can't even take care of yourself or the bakery." She scoffs.

"Lord give me strength...." She breathes in.

Moon rolls her eyes.

"Is she really telling me how I should run my shop?" She thinks.

"What seems to be the problem?" Moon says as she tries to hold in her patience.

🤍~~~TO BE CONTINUED