Chapter Twelve

Trust in fate.

At Moon's bakery.

"You need to slow down kid." Ms. Wang giggles.

"Its just to good grandma." ZiTao says.

"Let me wipe your face kiddo." She says.

"Grandma! I can do it. Not in public!" ZiTao grabs a napkin and wipes himself.

Moon looks at ZiTao and his grandmother from the counter.

"She's so much happier now." Moon thinks.

"I wonder if her grandson of hers is doing well." She says quietly.

"Girl!" Amy waves her hand in front of Moon's face.

"What is it?" She looks at Amy.

"You've been eying that man for around 6 minutes straight." Amy says.

"No! I what? Its been 6 minutes already?" Moon scoffs.

"Why was I starring at him? What is wrong with me?" She says in her mind.

"Yeah! What did you guys talk about back there?" Amy asks.

"Uh um...nothing." Moon says.

"Bull$hit..." Amy says.

"Hey I heard that!" Moon says.

"Yeah whatever. I can tell he is very into you." Amy says.

"What makes you even say that?!" Moon says.

"Girl, its been like 2 months since his death. Kevin would want you to move on and live your life. Not being stuck in the past." Amy says.

"I know but...."

"Kevin does want you to move on, but you don't have to forget him. He'll always live in your memories." Amy says.

"I just don't want another loss in my life. I swore off love and that's what I am doing to do. It makes me feel like I'm betraying him." Moon says.

"You are so stubborn... I can't even talk to you." Amy walks away and Moon frowns in sadness.

Moon then looks and sees a customer in front of her and takes the customer's order.

A few minutes later.

"The food here is always great here, ZiTao. You should come here often." His grandmother says.

ZiTao flashes a huge smile at his grandmother and nods politely. Moon then walks up to them and Ms. Wang smiles more.

"Oh hello dear. I was wondering where you've been." 

"Avoiding me." ZiTao gives her a blank expression.

Moon bows down and smiles.

"Miss Moon, this is my grandson, ZiTao, who got the risky heart transplant surgery."

Moon's eyes then widen as ZiTao looks away as his face turns really red like a strawberry.