Chapter Ten

Opening up to him.

"Look, I am not good with advice, but I am a great listener." ZiTao says.

Moon looks at him directly in the eyes and see his sincerity. She wanted someone to listen to her, not to judge her.

She observes him. She doesn't easily open up like a book towards other but she'll make an exception to Huang ZiTao. She wanted a stranger to listen to her.

"I'm glad. I'll just say, that I've spent almost a quarter of  my life with him and it will be extremely difficult for me to fall in love with another man." She sighs.

"No, I get it. These types of wounds require so much time to heal. It'll probably take you a long time to trust another love interest." He says.

"I don't know if I'll be able to love another man in my life. Kevin was my one and only. I feel like falling in love with another man will feel like I am cheating on him."

"ZiTao may not be so bad after all." Moon says in her mind.

"Maybe Moon isn't so annoying after all." ZiTao says in his mind.

Her words lowkey felt a bullet piercing through his body.

"I'm sure he's very proud of you." He says with making it awkward.

"I know he would want me to move on, but he'll be very disappointed if he knew I am being a huge mess." She chuckles.

ZiTao smiles when Moon chuckles. He wouldn't mind hearing her giggle all day. It would sound like music to him. From this moment on, he'll intend to make her very happy.

Later.

"Thanks for helping me clean the entire house ZiTao. I owe you this time." She says.

"Where's my money?" He puts his hand out.

"Wow." She rolls her eyes.

She grabs her purse and hands him his money.

"But on the other hand, I'm glad I got to hang around with you for the entire day." Moon says.

ZiTao nods lightly.

"If you need someone to talk or a shoulder to cry on, I got you anytime

"If you need someone to talk or a shoulder to cry on, I got you anytime." He smiles.

"I'll make sure." She says.

"So I'll see you later." He waves at her and leaves the building.

Moon waves as he gets in his car and drives off. As she walks in her living room, she sees a shiny piece of earing. She bends down and picks it up and observes it.

"Did he drop this?" She says to herself.

"He just left.." She sighs deeply in disappointment.

"I suppose I could call him."

She then remembers that his phone broke.

"I'm so stupid!" She says to herself.

"How could I forget!"

She turns of her phone and sees Thunder looking sad.

"What's wrong baby? Are you hungry?"

Thunder didn't look up. Moon bends down and picks her up.

"Are you okay baby? You've been acting like this ever since ZiTao left. Do you really miss him that much?"

Thunder looks up at the sound of his name. She pounces of her arms and stares at the front door.

Meanwhile.

Huang ZiTao walks in the hospital and sees his doctor and waves at him.

"ZiTao? What brings you here?"

"I need to know if the wife of my heart transplant wants to meet up?" He says.

"Ive been meaning to tell you about that, but since I am a doctor, my schedule is entirely crammed at the moment." He says.

"A few days ago, the lady came up to me and she told me that she wants to meet you."

"Really?! It's been 2 months now. Why now?" He says excitedly.

"I'd love to meet her and tell her I am taking care of her husband's heart." ZiTao says.

"Mhmm. Says the guy who fainted from starving himself." The doctor says.

"Its not my fault the medicine I take for my heart so it can get used to my body has some side effects. It literally makes me depressed all the time. I was never depressed before!."

"I know its going to take some time to get used to it but trust me, you have to take it seriously because I was sweating so much when I did your crucial heart surgery. Your heart is just as important to you as your brain is." The doctor says.

"You're right. I need to keep it healthy for my own sake, but I would like to meet her and thank her." ZiTao says.

"I'll contact her as soon as possible and let her know that you want to meet up with her. I know she'll be honored."

ZiTao nods and bows down as the doctor leaves. As he was about to leave, he felt an itch on his cheek and scratches it.

When he light brushes his ear he notices that one of his large earrings was missing.

He looks around the floor, but sees nothing. He sighs in defeat and walks back to his car and gets in.

"Where did it fall this time? That stupid earring is always falling off whenever I don't notice." He thought as he revs up the engine.

" He thought as he revs up the engine

He adjust his rear view mirror. He looks at his chest and places his hand on His beating heart. He felt very different with the heart in him.

"Why is my heart acting so different with me lately? It's even making me soft. I hate these kind of weird an uncomfortable feelings."

ZiTao then remembers moon telling him her ex-husband's story and for once. He actually felt pity on someone.

This feeling was unshakable and unavoidable for him. He wanted to worry about her, but deep down, he knows it's just way more than concern.

ZiTao never cares about crossing the boundaries. He was a risk taker. For once, he wanted to break the rules and have companionship by his side.

~~~ TO BE CONTINUED