Chapter Five

The harsh truth about reality.

Moon sighs and walks back in the bakery and Amy walks towards Moon.

"I'm so glad you helped Ms. Wang." Amy smiles.

"I'm glad I did, but what do you mean?" Moon asks in confusion.

"Ms. Wang comes here whenever you are not around and us employees always help her. Everytime she comes in here, she's always sad, she said if she was young and healthy, she would donate her heart to his grandson." Amy says.

"Poor lady. We always try to cheer her up but nothing works. That is until today you helped her, she smiled sincerely when she saw you." Amy says.

"I wish her grandson would have heart transplant. It makes me sad when our older generation can't do anything because they're already too tired. I wish her the best luck." Moon sighs.

"Come on lets work." Moon says and Amy nods and walks off. Just then her phone rings.

"Kevin baby!" She say excitedly and puts the phone on her ear.

"Hey baby. I just wanted to let you know that I love you so much. I'll be stopping by at the grocery store to pick up your favorite spicy chicken." He says over the phone.

"Ohh!!! You are the best husband in the world! Thank you so much!" Moon says.

"I'll see you around an hour baby." He says.

"Okay. Come home safely. See you later babe." Moon the turns off her phone and puts it away.

"Get you a man who brings you your favorite food." Amy says.

"Ooooo!!!" The others says.

"Alright guys, since I am in a good mood, we'll close the shop up early." Moon says.

Everyone in the room screams of happiness. Little did Moon know that was the last time she'll ever hear her husband's voice again.

Moon was excited to go home. She was ready to spend the entire weekend with her husband and was ready to binge watch Netflix all day tomorrow.

Moon got home and got into her pajamas and grabs Thunder and cuddles up with her cat.

"Dad is coming from work and is bringing us food baby!" Moon says.

"He bring you some treats as well!"

Thunder just sits on her lap and licks her paw and doesn't give a care the world because she couldn't understand what her owner was saying to her. Moon giggles as she pets Thunder's back.

The hours went by and Kevin never showed up at home. Moon ended up falling asleep while she was waiting for him.

During the middle of the night, Moon wakes up quickly and Thunder jumps high in the air. Moon quickly gets up and turns on the lights.

"Did I fall asleep?!? What time is it? Where is he?" Moon then turns on her phone to see it was already Saturday morning.

"1:30 a.m? I need to call him." She says.

Moon then dials her husband. The phone starts ringing. No answer. She tried again and still no answer from him.

"What the-?! This isn't like you Kevin. You better answer your phone or else!!!" She says to herself.

Suddenly, her phone starts ringing in her hands.

"KEVIN?!" She says excitedly.

Without looking at the caller ID, Moon quickly answers the phone call excitedly.

"Oh my goodness Kevin honey! I thought you weren't going to call me back!! Where have you been?! I've been waiting for you to come home!!"

"Hello is this Kevin's guardian?" A older female voice says.

"Who is this?" Moon says confusingly.

"Answer the question ma'am. Are you Kevin's guardian?"

"Y-yes, he is my husband? What is going on?" Moon asks.

"I'm sorry to inform you but your husband was in a serious car accident, I'm sorry for your loss ma'am but we did everything we could to save his life."

Moon drops her phone, a small tear drops her eyes.

"No! This must be a joke! This can't be happening! I need to go see him." Moon ran back into her room and changes into formal clothing.

She grabs her car keys and runs out the door and runs towards her car and gets in. She immediately starts the engine and drives. Moon immediately calls Momo and tells her to meet her at the hospital.

Moon finally arrives at the hospital and gets out of her can and rushes through the doors. Just as she was about to say something, she immediately received a slap on her cheek

"You sick monster! You got my brother killed!" Rosé shouts.

Rosé had been crying so much that her makeup was completely ruined. Moon then places her hand on her cheek and looks up. Moon could care less, so she ran to the doctor and demanded an explanation.

"How is my husband dead?! I don't understand!!" Moon says as her tears keep run down her face.

"Get out of here you tramp!" Rosé shouts.

"Just shut up already!" Moon says.

"Don't you raise your voice at me!" Rosé walks towards Moon and raise her hand in the air.

Momo then grabs her arm and turns her around and slaps her across her face.

"Don't you ever hit my baby sister." Momo looks at Rosé deep in the eyes.

"How dare you slap my daughter!" Rosé's mother says.

"I wouldn't of slapped her if you haven't given her up for adoption a lot time ago." Momo says.

"How dare you? This is all your sisters fault!!" The mother says.

"If you continue to blame my sister for your miserable self, I'm going to drag an old ass b*tch across the floor." Momo says.

"ENOUGH!" The doctor shouts.

"This is a hospital, not a family reunion! I'm going to ask everyone to calm down or else I'm not going to say anything about what has happened to Kevin!" The doctor says as he clears his throat.

Everyone soon calms down and sighs.

"Tell us doctor, what exactly happened to my husband?" Moon asks.

~~~TO BE CONTINUED