Chapter Thirteen: The False Hit

Stella decided to walk around the garden during her work. It's been three months since she came to this world and she's gotten quite used to it. She wore a skirt with biker shorts under neath it and a white shirt and very long sleeves that had gold sparkles at the end. Her hair was loose so it danced with the wind. She walked around and knew why Athanasia loves this place. It was very beautiful and peaceful. The roses fragments gave an amazing smell.

As she walked, she heard familiar voices of-

Athanasia and Lily. The two were also walking around so she decided to join in until-

She heard a growl. She immediately looked around and her eyes widened and ran to Athanasia.

"ATHANASIA MOVE!!!" Stella pushed her aside and-

SLASH

"STELLAAA!"

"MY LADY!"

Stella felt pain on her back. She saw red liquid pooling around her feet on the grass. She looked at Athanasia. Her eyes were tearing up and she was shaking. Stella easily smiled.

"I-it's okay... ."

Darkness swallowed her.

Claude was searching for Stella, she was no where to be found which irritated him. He saw a maid running to him and he immediately felt something was wrong.

"YOUR HIGHNESS! I-IT'S LADY STELLA! S-SHE'S BADLY INJURED!"

Claude couldn't breathe. He immediately teleported outside. He heard his daughters cries and saw Felix and other knights fighting a huge bear-dragon that was surrounded by a black magic aura. He walked to his daughters cries and he halted a the sight.

Athanasia was holding Stella whilst Lily tried to stop-

The blood from Stella's back.

He could see claw marks on her back, blood prickling from it. Stella was blacked out and her body was limped.

"D-daddy... ." His daughter cried. Claude was instantly next to her. A few maids brought a medical bed and placed Stella on it. Three doctors and Lucas were immediately around her and ran back to the palace. Claude scooped his daughter and soothed her.

"What happened." He growled. Lily replied.

"O-out of no where Lady S-Stella pushed her highness and t-that monster clawed her b-back. S-she saved her highness." Lily stuttered. Felix came by, his armor covered in blood.

"The monster was definitely targeted to the princess." He said. Claude clenched his jaw. He picked up Athanasia since she was in shock and crying and went back to the palace. He glanced at Felix and his eyes were saying;

Find who did this and make sure they beg for death.

Felix nodded, his own eyes narrowing.

Lily attend Athanasia and Claude went to see Stella. The doctors came out of the room covered in some blood with a face of relief.

"Well?" He asked.

"She lost a lot of blood but we stopped it before it reached a point at risk. The claw marks might leave a scar but that is besides the point. She'll wake up in a week or so."

Claude nodded, he rewarded them with gold coins and went inside. He froze in his tracks as he saw Stella lying in the bed looking-

Lifeless.

Her skin was pale, her face pained, her breathing slow. She didn't even look alive. Lucas was next to her and holding her hand. His eyes were glowing and it was obvious he was suing his magic. Once he was done he bowed to Claude.

"What's wrong?"

"The Beragon (bear+dragon) had poison in its claws that was supposed to be for the princess. Thankfully Lady Stella saved her otherwise ... ."

Claude knew.

His daughter could've died. It was thanks to Stella she survived.

"However what confuses me is that Lady Stella survived it."

Claude narrowed his eyes.

"What?"

"The princess's magic is powerful so the poison is stronger than a normal poison meant for a normal person. It could've killed anyone as normal as her. She survived which means-"

"Her mana is more powerful than Athanasia." Claude finished. Lucas nodded.

"Did you ever see her use magic?"

"Never."

"Then she doesn't know it herself. Which is quite odd. This much mana should've appeared when she was a child and could've been a powerful mage." Lucas looked at Stella with eyes filled with curiosity and concern.

"... how long will it take for her to wake up?"

"Approximately 3 weeks or less."

"I see... thank you for your assistance, boy."

"Your welcome, your highness."

Lucas left the room leaving Claude. He slowly walked to the bed and stared at Stella, her face was tired and pained. It was an unpleasant sight for him to see. He caressed his fingers on her cheeks and-

It was cold. Claude frowned. He sued his mana to risen the temperature of the room before taking out a chair and placing it next to the bed. He sat down and stared at Stella. Hundreds of thoughts were racing in his head.

A few hours later Athanasia came to the room and sat next to her dad. She apologized but Claude told her it wasn't her fault.

"I heard from Lucas that she might have a stronger mana than me."

"Hmmm."

"Does that mean she could be as strong as you?"

"Probably. Shouldn't you be resting? It's almost night time."

"I know but I just had to see her. Please rest too, dad." She hugged her dad and left.

The next days were a blank. Without Stella's presence the palace felt empty. Claude just sat next to Stella after his work and watched her lifeless body instead of seeing her do her work as usual. Athanasia would visit and talk about her day with lily. Felix would simply guard and feel sad that he couldn't talk to his partner in crime.

°I TOOK OUT MY ENITRE BRAIN OUT FOR THIS LMAOOOO, LEAVE A VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!°

Prepare yourself for the next one 😏 it's gonna be romantic