Chapter Twenty-Five: Nightmare, darling

After a few days, Claude would come in the night and sleep next to Stella but then leave before she wakes up. Stella knew he sneaked inside and out of her room so she would have her room door unlocked and have an extra pillow and bigger blanket for him.

One night, however, Claude was having a nightmare. He was moving around and shaking in bed and Stella was wide awake. She gently and carefully shook Claude from his shoulders.

"Claude ... Claude! Wake up! It's just a nightmare! Wake up!"

Claude's eyes shot open. He immediately sat up straight and panted, sweat dripped from his forehead and he looked terrified. Stella's heart broke at the sight and so she slowly rubbed his back. Saying nothing. Using her magic she brought a glass of cold water and she placed it in front of his mouth. She made him drink it gently and it seemed that Claude relaxed a bit.

She slowly pulled him close to her and hugged him as she played with his hair. It was a calming action, playing through his hair. She would massage it and plant kisses on it but now she needed to go slowly. Stella had dealt with these sorts of nightmares. Her friends and herself experienced it multiple times so she knew exactly what to do.

"It's alright ... Claude, darling, tell me five things you can feel."

"... your drawings, your hair, the bed, those ... flowers and ... your self."

"Good, good. Now, five things you can hear." She whispered softly.

"... your voice ... the wind? ... the crickets, the owls ... footsteps."

"Mhmm, five things you can feel?" Stella encouraged.

"Your hands ... your hug ... the blankets ... my sweat ... my clothes."

"Yes. Where are you?"

"... your room."

"Yes, you are. You're safe in my room, darling. Take more deep breathes, like mine." Stella breathed and Claude copied her.

After a while, Claude calmed down and melted in Stella's arms. Stella pulled the blankets over them and kissed Claude's forehead before started singing.

"Caught me off guard, I wish that I'd been sober
Still, here we are, back in Hanover 99
Just like old times all over

Under the exit lights as beautiful as ever
I really wish that I dressed up a little better
No regrets is what we said
We can't go back again

Darling, nobody said that it would last forever
That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there
I never said that we would die together
That doesn't mean it was a lie
Remember, nobody said that it would last forever

Head in my hands, cold coffee on the table
Wish you the best, I would if I was able
Morning light, it stings a little

Out of my mind, I don't remember calling
Had too much tonic wine, sometimes it does the talking
Hope you know I wish you all the love you're looking for

Darling, nobody said that it would last forever
That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there
I never said that we would die together
That doesn't mean it was a lie
Remember, nobody said that it would last forever

Forever, forever, forever

Nobody said that it would last forever
That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there
I never said that we would die together
That doesn't mean it was a lie
They'll never take those long summer days
When love was untamed
Two burning hearts are dared to break
Remember, nobody said that it would last forever"

The facials golden aura filled the room and wrapped around Claude. She then made a dream before in Sterling it to Claude's head. (If you watched The Rise of the Gaurdians then you her magic right now is like sandman's). Claude's face became peaceful and snuggled more to Stella. She gladly snuggled back and said.

"Beaux rêves, chéri."

Sweet Dreams, Darling.

°SORRY I KEPT YOU FOR TOO LONG! VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!°