Chapter Forty Eight: Fate

"Here were are, I guess. Don't worry, baby. Mommy will make everything right ... I hope."

Stella then looked around, her eyes scanning for mana dusts. She found some in the air and followed it, the more she followed it the more powerful the mana dusts became. She saw a beautiful waterfall with a whole mounting behind it. She smiled and breath red in the fresh and clean air. Stella walked to the after fall and saw mana waves coming out of the middle of the waterfall.

Could there be a cave behind it? Stella carefully walked up the hill and her guess was correct. There was a big dark cave behind the waterfall.  She suddenly felt deja vu but shook her head. She only had one mission and one only. Using her magic she summoned light in her hand and it lightened her path inside the cave. As she made her way she found crystals, amethysts, emeralds and gems in the rocks. They all had stored mana in them which meant for Stella that she indeed found the right place.

Suddenly a huge gust of wind pushed her inside. Stella quickly glanced herself so that she wouldn't fall down. The wind formed a tornado and the tornado turned golden and red. A loud voice came through as sharp as a sword. The tornado leaving and it showed a beautiful woman in white hair and golden eyes. Jewelry all over her.

"Who dared to disturb my slumber?"

Stella gulped. She bowed a little because of her stomach.

"Oh great goddess Tyche of fate and fortune. I apologize for disturbing your slumber for power. However I am in need of your aid."

"... I sense a living inside of you."

"Yes, I am with child. This is the reason for my visit to your greatness."

"Your soul does not belong in this world, child. The color of your soul is different than all of the mankind."

"I am from another world, goddess. I was transported here years ago, went back but the Magician Lucas brought me back."

"This world became your home?"

"Yes, Goddess. I found, friendship, care and love. Now I am a wife, a mother and a friend."

"An Empress, as well. I can smell the Obelian mana around you."

"Yes."

"Your existence here is destroying you slowly. Are you here for me to give you a better fate?"

"Not for me, goddess. My fate has been written and I escaped death too many times. I only request for you to use your Great mana to change my child's fate."

"... the child inside of you is of also in danger, as well. It's mana is flowing in rapid speed inside of you."

"I have been told I won't be able to handle the amount of mana in my body."

"Indeed. You were not born into this world, so your body wasn't built for it ... I can sense determination for you to save your child but how odd you wouldn't want to save yourself."

"The fear of taking my child with me to death is more terrifying than dying itself."

"Truly? ... how desperate are you to save your child?"

Stella went on her knees and begged.

"Very desperate, Goddess. No parent should outlive their children.

"And if I don't save it?"

Tears formed in Stella's eyes. Her hands together and she begged more.

"Please, please save my child. I'll do anything. Take my mana, my title, my jewelry. But please save my poor child."

"Come to me two weeks from now. Your labor will happen here and I shall insure the child's survival."

Stella lifted her head and smiled, tears running from her cheeks.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"However there is a price to pay."

"Anything, I'll do anything."

"You'll need to — —— ——- —- —— ——- —— ——- ——- ——— ——"

Stella stared at the goddess in shock, she gulped before nodding.

"I accept. Gladly. Thank you, goddess."

"You have a kind heart, child. You are worthy. Now go on and rest. You'll need it."

"Thank you, goddess."

Stella went back to Obelia with a smile on her face, her hand rubbing her belly and humming to a song.

"That child ... looks like even in her second life she had the same fate as her first one. Such an unfortunate soul that half of it is wondering around somewhere in time."

°anyone wanna guess what that last part means? And what did Goddess Tyche say for Stella to pay a price?°