Chapter Thirty-Five: Restless

Previously...

"ALL HAIL! PRINCE ANTHONY DE ALGER OBELIA!"

Everyone doubled in their happiness. Anthony was born on the day of the Sun Festival. It was a blessing to everyone since he shone just like his Mother.

About 5 weeks later and the adventures of raising a baby begun and it was-

"W-WAAAAHHH! WAAAHHHHH!"

"Who's turn is it?..."

"Yours... ."

"Ahh... ."

Restless.

Anthony was sure an owl and a light to his parents. His room was next to theirs, the room was declared by Athanasia and Lily, so that Stella or Claude can tend their child. Lily had offered to take care Anthony at night but Stella insisted on experiencing motherhood fully and forced Claude to do the same since he wasn't there when Athanasia was a baby.

Claude grumbled something but stood up anyways and headed towards his son's room with a tired face. He looked down at the crib and found his son crying his eyes out, his cheeks puffed out and red, his body squirming as if trying to fight off the air and his crying was intense. Claude frowned, now wide awake, he gently pulled Anthony to his arms and walked around while rocking him. He whispered nothing but sweet things to him and tried to calm him down. As he rubbed his son's back softly.

After 15 minutes, Anthony tired himself out from all the crying and all was left was hiccups and sniffles. Claude sighed but in amusement and walked back to his room with Anthony playing with his hair.

Is my hair that interesting? Athanasia had also played with my hair. He thought.

Once he entered his room, he saw Stella peek an eye open and smile.

"Oh? I didn't know we were having guest, Claude."

"This young man politely asked me so, how could I deny him?"

Stella giggled as she scoot over when Claude sat down. Stella had opened her arms and pulled her baby to herself whilst she kissed his head. Claude lied down and pulled the covers over them and scooted closer to his wife and son. Anthony had made bubbles with his spit, it was adorable. Stella kissed her son again and pecked Claude.

Well now we know where Anthony sleeps easiest.

Breastfeeding him ever two hours was a bit of a struggle but Stella did it no matter what. Sometimes when she had to leave for a meeting or to review a school, she would pump out her milk and keep two bottles for Claude to give it to Anthony.

"Who's da cutest babeh in da world? You are! Yes, you are!" Athanasia cooed to her baby brother who was giggling and squealing. Stella smiled as she wore her heels on whilst Jolene was fixing her hair. She had to check on her boutique in the capital, it would take a few hours so she had to sneakily leave because Anthony would scream and cry for his mother.

Stella walked to her two children and kissed them both on the cheeks. Anthony made grabby hands to her as a saying of 'pick me up, pick me up'. Stella scooped him up to her chest and walked out her room with Athanasia next to her.

Claude was in his office, working as the role of the Emperor was a heavy burden. He heard the delightful sound from a squealing baby. He made a small smile as he glanced up to see-

"Someone's missed their daddy." Stella smirked as Anthony squirmed in her hold as he tired to reach Claude. Anthony sure loved his fathers attention. Stella placed him in Claude arms as she kissed him.

"I haven't seen him all day so it's only natural he'd miss me. Good evening, Athanasia. Lovely for you to visit me, hmm?" Claude teased his daughter as Anthony played with his robe. Athanasia smiled sheepishly.

"I was busy with practicing my mana. Sorry, daddy." Athanasia pecked him on the cheek. Claude hummed as he stared at Anthony.

The father and son were having a staring contest. Seconds turned into minutes. Stella rolled her eyes and sneakily walked away.

"Mom, you copy pasted him you know."

"Lord help us with two Claudes."

Then she left. Unfortunately after a few minutes, Anthony noticed his mother missing so he started tearing up. Immediately Claude and Athanasia trued to distract him but-

"WAAAAAHHHH! W-WAAAAHHH! MAAAAAA WAAAA!"

°SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! I WAS BUSY WITH SCHOOL SINCE I HAVE MY IGCSE'S THIS YEAR! HOPE YOU LIEKD IT!°