Chapter Nine: Promise

Stella helping taking away a few dresses from the royal carriages. His eyes narrowed. He waved his hand for the Duke to leave and Claude walked up behind Stella who didn't notice his presence. The women gulped but Claude's eyes sent them a message in saying they don't tell her he's there.

"Okay. Five dresses for the brides maids are done. The colors are lavender and each of them are the designs ya'll wanted." Stella clapped her hands.

"Good thing I finished the Emperor's outfit in time so I could finish all of yours. Phew, sleepless nights are over. After this I can sleep." Stella snickered. The women gulped looking down. Stella noticed this.

"Huh? Is it not your liking?"

"N-no! We love it! It's just that uhm-"

"I thought you were finished with those dresses and promised you'd take a rest." An angry voice said behind Stella.

Stella felt shivers go down her spine. She straightened her back and her eyes widened in fear. She gulped and looked straight to the ladies eyes.

"The Emperor is behind me with murderous eyes looking at you, isn't he?" Stella asked. They nodded.

"Well, I'm screwed."

"You most certainly are." Claude growled.

Stella turned around and smiled sheepishly.

"Heeeeyyy, funny story actually-"

"You broke your own promise to me." Claude said.

"I-I didn't break it, exactly. I just didn't mention the brides maids dresses, is all." She said, looking away from his eyes. Claude took out his hand and gripped Stella's wrist. He then took off and marched away.

"H-hey! S-sorry girls! Go wear them! Tell Kiera I won't be able to see her!" Stella yelled. Claude gripped her wrist harder making Stella wince.

He pulled her to a wall and glare at her. Stella looked down, her wrist still in Claude's tight grip. She did feel bad but-

"I hate it when people lie to me." Claude said.

"I know."

"You make a promise to me and you broke your own promise."

"I know."

"How am I supposed to trust someone who can't keep their own promise?"

"..."

Stella bit her lip. She then looked up and her golden shining eyes were filled with determination and anger.

"I know I broke my own promise but I already had made another promise to the girls for the dresses. I am sorry but you mist realize that-

This is my passion." She stated. Claude stared at her, his grip loosening on her wrist.

"Even If I am tired or ill. I always make dresses or anything that I can get creative on. I loved designing since I was a toddler. I always have time for it. Always loved, still love and will always love it. So forgive me for doing my passion." She said.

Claude didn't say anything. The wedding bells rung meaning that it was time for the bride and groom. He let go of her wrist and rubbed his temples.

"... if you do not res after today. I'll force you, understood?" His eyes flashed at her. Stella smiled.

"Sir yes sir."

°LEAVE A VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT! THANK YOU FOR COMING HERE!°