Chapter Twenty-six: Sweet Dream

Stella fully became part of the imperial family by their strong bond. She moved to Claude's palace and had a room exactly next to his. Every now and then, the two lovers would sleep with each other. Athanasia found out and couldn't help but tease Stella from time to time. She guessed- no. She knew Stella would be her Step-mother soon.

Athanasia once slipped out.

Instead of Stella she said mom. The two were shocked and Athanasia immediately turned flustered and apologized but Stella reassuringly told her it's fine and that she was very happy that she saw her as a mother figure. Athanasia both in her past life and now didn't have a mother, sure Lily was there but she saw her as an older sister. Stella was older than her even back in her past life.

Soon enough, Athanasia sometimes called her mom. Each time Stella would have the biggest smile and reply with joy. Athanasia said it also in front of Claude and his face was priceless. He stared at the two who ignored him but were obviously holding thier laughter a since his face was mixed with confusion and curiosity.

Later that day Claude thanked Stella for being a mother figure to his daughter and Stella replied with a: Parent hood requires love not DNA. And Claude knew-

Stella was indeed his miracle sent from the heavens.

Now Claude knew why he fell for Stella. He went to a couples councilor and what he told him: When love is real, it doesn't lie, cheat or make you feel unwanted. True love eases worries, it doesn't creat worries.

"How do you feel when you're with her, your highness?"

"I feel like everything will be okay and it feels ... comfortable."

"Does she go fast with your relationship?"

"No, she takes it slowly and carefully which I appreciate."

"Ah, so she's cautious. Very good. And?"

"She knows ... when not to over step her line. She knows when to talk, when to have a physical contact and when to comfort someone."

"So she had also been through a lot, it would seem."

"What?"

"Those who know how to comfort broken hearts was also heart broken."

"..."

"Your highness, dare I say you have found a perfect match for you. She balances you. A perfect partner and friend. Describe her in a few words, please."

"Intelligent, wise, generous, loyal, honest, kind to an extent ... beautiful inside and out."

"My my, your highness. Praising her so much? You seem to be attached to Lady Stella. Tell me your highness, when you're with her. Tell me one word of the feeling you get."

"... home."

The old man told Claude he fell over heels in love with Stella. He didn't deny it. Without her he felt anxious and very distressed. His feelings were growing stronger and Stella felt the same way. But one night made him consider one thing.

He and Stella were asleep but Claude was in the drift of sleep. He stared at Stella's sleeping face before finally going to sleep. He dreamt. A beautiful dream. It was huge ceremony and it seemed like a wedding. He wasn't in control of his body so he just observed from the POV he was in.

People were laughing and dancing. Claude saw his daughter dancing with Lucas and then walked to-

Jennette?! What was she doing in his dream?!

Felix was in a nice charming suit and Lily was dressed in golden dress alongside with women that had similar dresses.

Bridesmaids?

"Claude!" A sweet voice called for him. He saw his hand move then tuned around. Claude felt his breathing stop.

"Claude, darling, the dance it about to start!"

"Well lets make a good use of it, my love. What's that?"

"Silly, Athy made me this."

"You have a crown made of diamonds and jewels but you chose to wear that plant?"

"Sheesh, Claude. Lighten up. EEEK!"

It was his voice but he wasn't in control. His body took Stella and walked to the dance floor.

Stella was in a beautiful wedding dress and she looked stunning. His body moved and danced with Stella. They danced and had kissed. Stella then said.

"What is in your mind, Emperor?"

"Mind the fact that the world knows you're mine, my Empress. Stella De Alger Obelia."

"(Giggles) has a nice ring to it."

"Indeed."

Claude woke up and looked around. He was in his bedroom beside a sleeping Stella. He rubbed his face before realizing his face was brushing up. He took a small mirror and wanted to die.

He was blushing so hard that he could be mistaken for a tomato. He exhaled and calmed himself down before lying down. He stared at Stella and revisioned her in the dream. It felt do real and it made his heart pound. Was this a dream or a vision?

Claude now hopes for that day to come sooner and figure out how he had the guts to ask her to marry him.

°PREPARE FOR A ROLLER COSTER IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS!°